Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Painter number 7 in four years is on the chopping block. I am *this* close to just selling the biz, getting a part time job at Lowe's or something and semi-retiring. Money is good but man, I am burnt the fuck out.

RANT: I had a 6 speed twin turbo Supra back in the day. Sold it for $23k. One just sold on BaT for $105,930

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Fuck me. I was moving some stuff around in the shop today, and smacked my lower jaw with some heavy hardwood. No big deal, to start with, but now I have 3 teeth in my lower jaw that are about to fall the fuck out of my face. Joy. I've got an "emergency" call with my personal dentist in a week a bit, and an "emergency" dentist on Tuesday. We'll see how it goes.

Fuck me.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: went away for the weekend and my neighbor cared for the ducks in the morning Sat and Sun. When we got back Sunday around 5:30 I noticed that she left the hose on. Their area was flooded. On my water app, the household used over 3200 gallons that day, which is nearly a normal week for us. I decided not to say anything to her because it was an accident and nothing can be done at this point. Blah.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Woke up this morning with my allergies kicking my ass. Right on schedule.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: It's getting worse. I now have one specific lower front tooth that is more "not part of my jaw" than "part of my jaw". It's there, but not really... it's one step away from just popping out and hitting the floor. It's just floating... being held in place with the least bit of gum traction imaginable. It's fucking weird, and painful, and annoying, and I cannot wait until this gets taken care of next week. I just can't believe that I have to wait until next week to get it looked after.

6. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Going back to work tomorrow - a few weeks sooner than intended - since one of my coworkers took leave to help take care of her husband while he goes through brutal radiation and chemo, and now another coworker’s kids have covid. I like working in a small, tight knit environment until shit like this happens, and there just aren’t enough people to really adequately spread the work around. I’ve been lucky since I took 12 weeks and have been able to work part time from home since then, but I’m still not ready to leave him for a whole 8 or 9 hours. Crazy fucked up to think how many moms are forced to go back to work so quickly in this country when my leave has been comparably pretty long.

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: My daughter(8) walked in on my wife who had her top off scratching her boob while on her phone. My daughter "are you taking a video of yourself" "that would be embarrassing if it got posted". FFS she is 8, she shouldn't know what that stuff is.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: This post brought to you by Starlink, in an Airstream not near you.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cautiously Optimistic RAVE: Closing on our house Monday.
    Then taking the last month of our apartment lease to paint walls and move shit over.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

C026587B-797D-4278-A605-8EFD541749A4.jpeg Rant- My ex-girlfriend died yesterday. It’s been almost 30 years since we were together, but it’s been a complicated journey since. We were together off and on for a couple of years, but I broke it off because, even though she was awesome in many ways I just wasn’t feeling a long term relationship. It became a running joke between us that I dumped her not once, but twice.

She had a less than ideal life growing up, and my mom and dad really took to her, staying close with her for years after we broke up. I and my parents helped her with some bills and they gave her a used car. She wasn’t a charity case, just a good person who needed some help.

When we started dating she was working in NYC. If you’ve ever seen The Devil Wears Prada, you’ve seen her life as an assistant in the fashion industry. After we broke up the first time she decided to change her life - she quit smoking, quit her job, went back to school and got a job in my industry. She was open that all of this happened because of my influence. When we broke up the second time, I cried more than she did, and she asked me why. Fuck, it was sad as hell to just not feel like we should be together long term even though I really cared about her. And I did care for her. Still do.

I was invited to her wedding, which was surreal to me. We stayed in touch for a couple of years, then fell out of touch for a while, until she found me on Facebook in 2009. Since then we’ve messaged once or twice a year. She never failed to remember my birthday, or my dad’s birthday, who she adored.

Especially for you hockey lovers - I think I’ve posted this story on here before but . . . . In the early 90s Stephane Richer came to the Devils and eventually helped them win a Stanley Cup. He met my girlfriend at a local comedy club, and hit on her. She refused to date him because she was with me and it drove him crazy. She did date him briefly after we broke up, but it always pissed him off that a no one like me could block him. That also became a running joke with us and my friends. See above

Goodbye B. I’m going to miss you.

#22010 Misanthropic, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT:
    YOU FUCKING FUCKING ASSHOLE FUCKS.

We were supposed to close on the house today. The sellers are fucking idiots.
    So now we have to wait and see just how fucking idiotic they are.

Fucking fuckholes.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: October's sales bested our previous best month by 31%

RANT: We are just too fucking busy at work. Scheduling cars out until Oct 25th now. Still had three unscheduled tow ins today (I can't refuse those). My guys are already working major OT and I'm on my 23rd straight day of work.

RANT: Can't find any help. Had a new guy start Friday and he no showed today.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fucking goddammit unwinding unnecessary extra work when someone does a "reply to all" when they were bcc'd on an email. Idiot.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Not to be (too big of) a dick but look what showed up this week:

A171836B-551C-4530-BE94-06A265403DC2.jpeg

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

rave: got cleared from physical therapy. About two months early on my leg, and I'm running at least 3 months earlier than anticipated. It'll be at least another 6 months or so before the pain goes away completely with things like weather changes, if it ever goes away at all, but for the first time since late January of this year, I do not have any more medical appointments or anything I have to attend to.

rant: I'm sure I'll change that by like next weekend

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Younger of our two sons is sniffling, doesn't feel good. He can't return to school without a negative COVID test, and there's not a single fucking rapid home test to be found. And even the "rapid" ones done at the local clinics are taking a couple days to come back with results.

Super " I want to kill an anti-vaxxer rant: I've looked forward to bringing our other son home from college since we last met him for lunch over a month ago. He wanted to surprise his grandparents, and it would do my Mom, who is recovering from foot surgery, a world of good to see him. But goddamnit, I want to spend more than an hour or two with my kid as well. And now there's some doubt in my mind because the county in which his home resides is occupied with a bunch of mouth breathing Trumptard cocksuckers who think the whole thing is a joke and have made our county the WORST in New York State right now. And as a result we're not sure if his brother has a cold or 'Rona.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: hub's gma is basically on hospice now. She's on morphine and out of it. I feel so sad we did not get to spend any time with her in recent years, and that she did not meet her only great grandchild. Video chat is not the same. For her, I think she is glad to finally be released from this life. When gpa died several years back it seemed obvious to me at least that she was done, and now her body is declining with a quickness.

18. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: As restrictions start to ease my course has finally been able to move forward and we spent the week abseiling, was awesome to get outside and solidify skills. Couple of job prospects down the line as well.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Dill Pickle peanuts from Costco. That is all.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: The new job I landed? Fuck that place. The pay sucks, the hours suck, the people suck, the equipment sucks. If I stay here, within 6 months I'll be running the place, but who wants to be in charge of a place where everything sucks? Not me.

I spent the entire weekend submitting resumes.