Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Ive posted before about how I’ve never broken a bone, and acknowledged in those posts that when I did it would be monumental.

I’m currently in the hospital waiting on surgery for multiple fractures to my left leg- the tibia about 4 inches above the ankle and the fibula about 3 inches below the knee. Slipped and fell, the leg folded under me and I felt the snap. It only hurts when I breathe.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: I've filed 7 weekly unemployment claims since being separated from my job. Total unemployment received: $0. My claim status is still pending.

Our unemployment in this state is beyond fucked. The news is full of stories of people that are due $15-20K in back payments. The phone lines receive 41K calls a day, they are equipped to answer 1500. People who haven't received any payments are getting notice that they were over paid and need to repay the funds.

Thank God I have savings so it's not a life or death matter to me. At least not yet. A few more months may prove a different story.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

RANT: Fuck this year.

I was going to have a fun day tomorrow. My niece called and let me know her mom is in the hospital on life support, the doctors give her 4 days.

God damn it. She's been one of my best friends for 30+ years. My niece, her mom, her dad are not my blood relatives....I chose them to be family and they chose me. That's better then being forced together by birth.

Tomorrow I have to go see my friend with my niece and say good bye. She probably won't even be aware we're there.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My wife got me a year’s subscription to Master Class and there’s a lot of great writers on there. I started off with Walter Mosley today and just a few minutes in was enjoying it. I’m halfway through my second book but feel like this will help me become even better. We never stop learning.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

RANT: My friend passed on Sunday about noon. I didn't get to see her because of COVID restrictions, I get that and I'm actually thankful...my last memory of her isn't going to be her in a coma hooked up to machines.

However, I didn't get to see her as she was dying. I didn't get to say "I love you" or "Good bye" while holding her hand. Nor will I get to pay respects by attending a funeral for her because of the same COVID restrictions. She will be lowered into the ground alone.

Yet politicians and celebrities go on vacation, out to dinner, and have family gatherings. That's not sitting very well with me right now.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave/Rant: My daughter got her drivers license a couple of days ago. It’s a milestone in life, and I’m proud of how well she’s done.

And it’s hitting me pretty hard. We’re very close, and it’s one big step away from me and her mother. I love this kid more than anything, and knowing that this is the start of her leaving us as grows and lives her own life, while a good thing, is killing me.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: My sister-in-law’s sister had a wedding with 75 people over the weekend, all because her fiancé/now-husband had a hissy fit about having to cut the guest numbers down for obvious reasons. I tried giving these people the benefit of the doubt after thinking they were idiots when I first met them, but this validates my initial reaction. I’m glad I don’t have to interact with these people regularly. Not to mention they are planning to have a full reception next year anyway. I probably shouldn’t care, but selfish people like this are the reason why this thing is dragging out the way it is.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I started up my Firebird for the first time in over a year; I needed a new battery, and finally got one that fit (none of the batteries in any of the other cars would work; GM just loves their goddam side-terminal batteries...).
    It just fired up like it was yesterday the last time I drove it...

RANT: It's been WAY over a year since the last time I got to drive it.
    Damn, I miss this car...

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Jeopardy was preempted by coverage of protests and it's Trebek's last week.

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Been dealing with nerve damage since September that basically made me unable to walk normally. Clean bill of health this morning and the doctor was astonished at my recovery. He even leveled with me that he was concerned about my ability to walk again.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: I now have four dogs and last week I finally took the steps and replaced my back door with a new door equipped with a dog entrance.

WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS YEARS AGO?!

Seriously, if you have a dog, get a dog door. So many problems solved. Now it’s okay if I’m running late at work. I don’t have to get up at 1am to let them out. The puppy training is easier. Just take my word for it and install one.

12. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: NHL is back

Rant: Red Wings while looking better, still ain't looking great.

Rave: Handed in my first assignment this week.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I came home tonight to find out an old friend died of Covid.

It’s been a good 10 years since I saw him last, but we went to paramedic school together, which was a grueling experience. So my fellow classmates and I always had a special bond. I’ve long since left the field but he continued to serve both as a paid and a volunteer medic until he got sick.

Fucking Covid.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I have a bad habit of drinking 4-5 Sugar Free Rockstars a week
    RANT: They changed the formula and the new stuff is terrible. Like someone steeped a gummi worm in it.

Potential RAVE? Maybe I'll stop drinking them

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Found a quickie mart that had the original sugar free Rockstars. I bought every single one of them.

RANT?RAVE?: We were trying to buy the property that the main shop is at but during the due diligence phase, it came up that the soil is contaminated from a 70 year old gas station. So RAVE that we found that out before it became our headache but RANT because we really wanted the property so we could make the shop much nicer and that was going to be part of our retirement income. Fuck. Just a really downer.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Woke up in the middle of the night and took an edible and a small swig of ZZZQuil to go back to sleep. Looking at the clock when I laid down, it was actually 5:30. Whoops.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got back from camping with the partner for a few days with absolutely amazing views and wildlife.

Rant: Had to cut it a day early due to doing some serious damage to my Achilles tendon, this oughta be fun.

18. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got connected to 5G Fiber internet. Holy shit this is amazing.

19. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: PNC Bank can eat a dick. I only have an account with them, because in order to handle my dad's estate, I needed a bank that had a physical branch in both Pennsylvania and local to me in Virginia. They were the only bank. Thanks to COVID, I've been trying to utilize their phone app for deposits instead of visiting the local branch and each time, I've had to jump through my ass in order to reset the app to let me in.

Secondary Rant: After handling my dad's estate, all I can say is don't die in Pennsylvania, the state does a fantastic job of making sure it (and estate lawyers) get a sizable cut.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: WOOHOO! GI follow up today for the baby was fantastic. Weight last visit was .2lbs higher than the previous visit. This visit weight went from 15.83lbs to 17.81lbs over a month. Between age and pushing the solid foods, reflux was definitely improved this last month. We can drop the nighttime dose and then go every other day if that is successful. YIPPEE!

At 1 year, I am going to try to go back on dairy and see how that goes. I am already dreaming about pizza.