Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: Getting old sucks.

Growing up there was a blonde bombshell in my hometown, lucky me I was friends with her. She was 27, I was 16, so I had no chance, but every time she saw me she'd give me a big hug. All my buddies were jealous that I was on a first name basis with her.

Fast forward 15 years or so and my best friend married her daughter. We ended up like family. Holiday dinners together, that kind of thing. When she was 55 she had a 25 year old boyfriend, she kept herself up and looked amazing. I saw her briefly when I was back home this spring and at 67 she wasn't looking so good.

I talked to my buddy tonight and a few days ago they went over to her house and found her on the floor. She'd been there for four days.

She's in the hospital now, but her mind is gone.

She was drop dead gorgeous, think "I Dream of Jeanie" Barbara Eden with enormous tits, but she was also a good, kind person and a friend that became family to me.

Fuck this getting old bullshit.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This frigging state...

Turns out that yes, I WAS eligible for pandemic unemployment insurance since my job's usual Summer work wasn't available. Long story short, I forgot I had an account on the state website and started a new one. So now I can't even try and see what I qualify for because there's two accounts in my name and it throws an error in both accounts. I finally get through to the "help desk" and was told they can't delete or deactivate accounts ( which sounds like complete bullshit to me but... ). He then gave me the Dept. of Labor number, which was no help, because you have to have a PIN or something and guess how you get that?

So until I have a day where I'm so bored as to spend hours on the phone, fuck it.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Follow up rant: State Department of Labor advised me someone has stolen my identity and using it. It’s been turned over to the investigations unit, and he told me to hang tight, they’re busy but they’ll be contacting me.

I’m eerily calm. Either this year and anxiety of what’s to come has me completely numb or I’m just too fucking tired and will explode later.

4. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I think you stole your own identity.

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just quit a job at a cable company most of you in the US probably hate. Now, 2 weeks off until my new job starts.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant?: I just found out Li'l Bandit smokes today.
    I don't want him to, but I can't take any kind of moral high-ground either, because I smoked for 20 years.
    Should I scare him off of it and make him smoke an unfiltered Marlboro Red?

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Home ownership can be expensive and complicated. This fence situation is getting old fast. Well, fence and retaining wall. Next door neighbors are moving and were actually living there as compensation for business dealings, and the owner is actually an insurance agency in town. In OR since the fence is on the line it is supposed to be a shared cost. I am hoping they are more likely to pitch in since they are a business vs a private person with limited funds. The other neighbor offered to pay "her share" of the cost but a smaller section is on her property line and I know for a fact that she cannot afford shit. Like she is retired and disabled and her house getting to be in worse and worse shape because she can't actually afford to live there, so I can't ask her to pay anything. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I am not looking forward to paying $7500 (that's after insurance pitched in) for a goddamn fence.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: At work. Got the shits. Only had one pepto tablet. Let’s hope it kicks in soon.

RAVE: minimal supervisor presence today means maximum toilet time.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Visiting a couple of clients an hour ago. One of them a male of 74 said he was feeling short of breath. An ambulance was called and as they were loading him in, he had a seizure. RIP Norm, we were certainly at the opposite end of politics, but I always enjoyed our discussions.

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: This week has sucked.

I'm in a pager rotation for work, and if we don't answer these fucking pages, our company is contractually obligated to pay our customers for any downtime as a result. From 9 AM to 10 PM for a week, I am essentially chained to my laptop.

Every fucking time I have to change my son's diaper, a page comes in. It's like a cruel magic trick.

Fast forward to today. I walked into my son's room to get him after his nap. As soon as I opened the door, my nose reported a sewer line break coming from the direction of my son's crib. I looked over, and I am horrified to see that he has taken his pants off. While he didn't manage to get his shitty diaper off, he did manage to stick his hands down the front of it. Then he proceeded to fingerpaint an abstract masterpiece on the wall next to his crib, the bars on the crib, and his sheets and blankets like a deranged Jackson Pollock. He had shit smeared up to his elbows and on his face.

I spent the next hour screaming internally while I showered him, and scrubbed crusty feces off of a textured wall. All while being continually paged.

I'm going to tell this story on his wedding day someday.

11. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know we aren’t supposed to respond here but sharing in case this can help save you from the situation in future. A little girl I used to babysit for loved to do this. The solution? Pull-up over diaper then backwards onesie (with legs, without feet). Like a little baby straight jacket. Worked wonders.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Went to our mountain property to really start planning our cabin and see some autumn colors. Not a ton of color in the lower elevations, but the Nantahala gorge was gorgeous. We might just have to move to the mountains and rent our current home out.

IMG_20201022_165524.jpg

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: For all the years we’ve lived in this town, cable companies have refused to provide tv or internet. We’re not out in the middle of nowhere, but perhaps the last part of the county to be without service.

That’s all changing. Spectrum is building through in their way to another township ( but they don’t have a franchise agreement with our town, which they apparently didn’t know ). Another regional, family owned company does, and got the government grant to do the build out to our town. This has taken years to come to fruition. And today the cable is being hung.

I asked the guy if they were for the smaller company ( who we WANT to give our money to ) and he affirmed it. My response of “Fuck yeah,” gave him a good laugh.

We have ATT WiFi now, but I cannot wait to tap into that sweet, sweet fiber.

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: This time next year if everything goes to plan I'll be out of the military and in an entirely new career. I'm fucking terrified but leaving is something that has to happen. I just ticked over 18 years and have absolutely no desire to be at work at all. Paperwork goes in next week.

15. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Raaaaaant: I'm the office manager at a small healthcare clinic. Needless to say, this is not the most best time to work at the intersection of healthcare and customer service. So yesterday, I had a lady get hostile with me because first, I told her to cover her nose (she was messing with her mask and her stupid fucking nose kept hanging out) and then I told her I wouldn't discuss her 21 year old daughter's care with her because we didn't have a release of information on file. She insisted her nose was covered (it wasn't), insisted she had filled a release of information out (lol, your daughter is the one who has to consent, not you stupid lady) and then stormed out of the office mumbling about how it was UNBELIEVABLE that I was treating her that way. You know. Following laws. So she called today to speak with the office manager and was not pleased to find out it was me, so now she is demanding to speak with the medical director. I am super irritated about the whole thing. Now I'm inevitably going to have to have a stupid waste of time meeting, even if it's just for her to basically confirm that I was following laws/policy and that this patient is insane. People are just so determined to be difficult and shitty lately and my patience is wearing ever so thin.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: With schools shut down for two weeks ( and likely longer if the numbers are any indication ), if it weren’t for shitty, vague communication from my employer, there wouldn’t be any.

I don’t know what’s going on or if I’m getting paid. There’s talk of lay offs on the horizon, and there’s just absolutely nobody offering any substantial information. We’re just left on a day by day basis right now with no idea what’s going on.

Add to that my identity theft problem with the state Dept of Labor, and no answers from them, I’ve been a bundle of fried nerves this week.

We’ll be fine financially, my wife makes enough to get us through. But I’m worried about losing the health insurance, time towards pension, etc. It’s just frustrating, a little information or assurance would go a long fucking way.

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Almost 36 hours without power before it was restored. Zeta can kiss my ass.

Rave: I'm lucky that it wasn't a lot longer. Some people will be without power for several days.

18. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant. The German Shepherd puppy just pulled off the seat from a 1979 Yamaha RD400f Daytona Special I have been restoring. He then proceeded to shred it into the foam. This was essentially a new in" box seat" . They are not making any of these seats anymore. My fault for letting anything near this animal.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: we laid Duke dog to rest last night. My heart hurts so bad.

Rave: love wins.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant/Rave: I fell in love.

Son of a bitch...