Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Ordered a table from a local woodworker in January. It’s now September and I still don’t have a table. I’ll buy COVID and health issue-related delays, but the lack of overall communication is inexcusable. He has blown every single deadline, each of which he set himself. When that happens, I have to message him a bunch of times to get any info out of him. I’m giving him until the end of the week before I just say “fuck it” and ask for my deposit back, or off to small claims court we go.

2. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: New desktop with solid state drives.

Rant: the windows image that was used to setup the recovery partition had all of the folder permissions messed up and none of the windows apps would open. So a few hours of moving files and signing into various services took two days.

Rave: Microsoft will let you build a new install disk image from their website.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: 4 day long weekend. Monday is a stat, but my new company that acquired us believes in extended long weekends. I'm not complaining!

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

I'm an idiot and potentially exposed my family to the Rona by trying to help someone.

Rave:
    It was a mouth swab test so that was nice.

5. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My first Rave: Daughter who graduated college in May, with no commencement exercise of course (rant), got a job as a research assistant at a Boston hospital. Money sucks but it should lead to other employment opportunities and grad school opportunities.

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I’m so tired of every fucking transaction being a crapshoot between quality and garbage these days. Last recliner chair I bought was a complete piece of shit, didn’t last but a couple years. I went and bought a new one, which took over a month to get here. Of course everything has to be motorized now. And less than a month of owning it, the fucking motor is shot. So I have to have someone come fix or replace it.

Why can’t stuff be built to last anymore? Even the “quality” brands are shit it seems like.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: FUCK THIS FUCKING RAIN! GOD DAMMIT! SHOP IS FLOODED AGAIN!

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Sweet sting of rejection. Never.Gets.Easier.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: 2020 just continues being 2020. My grandfather passed away yesterday. Fuck 2020. Again.

10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got home Friday night from border stuff, didn't catch Rona and have the week off during this exercise period.

Rant: Left my laptop on the bus and had a dead car battery.

Rave: Finally got to meet the chick I've been talking to for the last month while I was away and things went very well.

Rave/Rant: Still not sure what I want to do since not making it passed the first round of the firefighter applications, uni next year has a new CO who I've worked for before and is great but we have some horrible people posting in. Things will be interesting.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RANT: I am on the left coast, which is on fire right now. 25 years in insurance and I have never had to deal with the volume of questions related to being evacuated, additional living expense coverage, food spoilage...the list goes on and on. I am happy to say my company has all of the above so although getting the calls is bad, being able to assure clients they have the coverage they need feels good.
    RAVE: The outpouring of community support aiding in getting people out, elderly folks, pets, livestock and such, has kind of renewed my faith in people. It's really nice to see people, strangers or not, helping each other for a change.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: drunk texts from my dad on a Tuesday morning. Content: whether my husband has killed something before, and if not, he could give him an opportunity in their yard. Fun times.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: My favorite day of the year is the annual wild game dinner I go to with my brother, dad and some his friends. I have gone every single year since I was 2 years old. This year it’s officially canceled and they decided last year was the final year it would be held. The people that run it are in their 80s and no one stepped up to take over. It’s a real shame and quite a bummer.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: For the first time in 25 year of manscaping, I nicked my junk. Right where the beans meet the frank. Hurt like hell and bled quite a bit.

RAVE: No longer have caveman looking junk.

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Of course as soon as I make the final payment on my car, the check engine light decides to pop up.

(Maybe) Rave: Based on the code it's throwing, it looks like it's just a thermostat that needs replaced. Thankfully Jeeps are just full-sized lego cars and it's something that can be replaced in 20 minutes.

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Correct me it I am wrong, but I have been told the majority of check engine light problems are emissions related. I had a check engine light that was a bad gas cap.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This code specifically is for the thermostat, so I'm just going to swap that out and assume that'll fix the issue. If not, I'll be hitting up dixie in the automotive thread.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Fuuuuck. Lupe the egg buyer said she couldn't take the latest batch. I had a pile inside already and collected 52 from outside. We might be eating quiche from now until we die.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: We have a fuckin roof leak.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: egg crisis averted.