Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: I lost another friend last night, much to young, to cancer. Having a wide social circle is a blessing and a curse.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RAVE: Finished Walt's book today. It's a good read, go get a copy y'all!

RAVE II: There's going to be a sequel!

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Vet Affairs paid out for my Tinnitus claim

Rave: Firefighter applications open in a month.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Having to fly in a metal death tube tonight to go see my dying grandpa
    RANT: Have to wear a mask for the entire 6 hour flight
    RANT: They're not serving alcohol on the flight
    RANT: Drive 2 hours to the airport, fly for 6 hours, drive 3 hours to my grandparents house. My ass is gonna be done.

RAVE: Gonna read Walt's book

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just finished Walt’s book and agree completely with this. I can see this being a successful start of a great series.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: found out a few of the husbands coworkers tested positive for the virus. Only one has symptoms but they all must quarantine.

Rave: hubby and I are still negative.

Rant: Walt wrote a book that’s getting rave reviews and I don’t have a copy. I guess I better fix that shit.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I never thought I'd see Shiner's Prickly Pear Beer again, but I not only saw it, I got the last 12-pack at the beer store today. That shit is as good as I remember it being. I'd have bought more if they had it.

Mega-Rave: Thanks to everyone here who has supported me and bought my book. I was nervous as hell a week before releasing it. I hoped for a polite pat on the head and "nice job" but the response has been overwhelming. It's amazing to see something that grew out of a random thought not just come to fruition, but go out and entertain others. I am sincerely grateful for every single one of you.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I've had lower back pain for years, and in the last few days it got worse and spread down my right leg to a terrible level.

I finally went to a chiropractor, and found out I have a slipped disc at the bottom of my spine.

RAVE: He says he can fix it up without too much difficulty.
    Good Lord, I hope so. I couldn't tie my shoes this morning.

9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My house has U shaped stairs. My dog likes to nap on the landing in the middle. I bent down to pet her and when I stood up to continue on my way, GODFUCKINGDAMNITONACHEESECRACKER! I brained myself on the center wood trim thingy. Surprisingly, only minor abrasions, dent and no typical head wound bleeding like a stuck pig. I am however on concussion protocol until tomorrow.

10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK: I found out half an hour ago that I'll be in a different state for the next month with two weeks' isolation at the end of it to help police with corona things.

Rant: Once again just when the dating life was starting to look any good Defence has gone and fucked me.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Our anniversary is in April and we rented a kick ass VRBO place right on the Pacific coast. Like you walk 10 feet off the back porch and you're falling down the cliff. Two weeks before we were supposed to go they canceled it due to COVID. We rebooked it for early Aug and just got the email that they canceled it again.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Finally in a position to build this place. Should have a nice vacation rental built soon. If any Idiot wants to stay in a cabin on lake hiwassee in NC, I'll give you the idiot discount. Except RoTN, he's too likely to disfigure himself and I don't want to clean up the blood.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Pretty excited to watch the release of Hamilton this weekend on D+. My second time seeing it live was canceled in May due to the 'rona, so it should be fun to see the full show with the original cast.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: Since my office is never reopening and WFH is now a permanent solution, I was able to loot a decent chunk of the newly available networking equipment from our server closet. Complete overkill for a home network, but will be pretty fun to play around with.

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: temporary crown popped off on the drive up to my dad's on July 3rd. All dentist offices already closed until Monday

Rant: July 6th, sitting at a random dentist office that wants to do multiple x-rays and all other "new patient" intake bullshit...to reattach a crown.

Rave: Called home dentist and he agreed the x-rays are unnecessary and said, just use a denture grip to reattach until I'm back in town.

16. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Why the fuck would I open an unsolicited attachment to your email just because you are using an email domain 'honorableintentions.com'?

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My laser printer died.
    Rant: Finding a printer right now is challenging. I guess everyone working from home bought them all?
    Rave: Found a good price on a refurbished color laser printer. It came today (two days!), but
    Rant: UPS had dropped it. It's broken inside. Got it all set up, printed a test and it just grinds. The paper gets jammed in a place that can't be removed. Something's broken.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Last night, someone ran their car into my gate, completely destroying it.
    And I'm not talking about some little chain-link fence gate, this was a tubular steel ranch-style gate on wheels with 1 foot wide posts.*

RAVE: The dipshit that did it was dumb enough to park his busted up Audi A FEW HOUSES AWAY ON THE SAME STREET.
    This guy needs to win the dumbass of the year award, because NOT ONLY did he leave his wrecked car on the street streaked with the green paint from my gate, but he left pieces of his own car behind. The cops impounded it this morning.
    I mean really, if he'd just parked ONE BLOCK OVER, I would never have seen it, and he would have gotten away with it.
    Jungle Julia is beyond pissed, but she's looking forward to suing his insurance company for the cost of a new gate.

* I probably should have mentioned this as a rave earlier, but at the beginning of the year, I bought a 10 acre piece of land just down the street from my house.
    The plan is to build a shop there, and eventually Jungle Julia and I can build our dream home there.
    In the meantime, we're going to put some cattle on there to keep the taxes low.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: We wanted to do something special for our son who’s senior year was decimated. He’s a huge fan of Lin Manuel Miranda so I got a copy of Playbill and did some research on where to send it for an autograph.

It arrived Saturday, same day as his graduation party. Also the same day Aaron Burr shot Hamilton. As the “Hamilton” soundtrack was playing on the kitchen stereo.

His first words were, “Oh shit!” when he saw it.

DF013DA1-4B7A-448E-BE2C-BFCAD9DCAEFE.jpeg

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's really cool! I wrote him a note back in 2016 or so, and he sent me back a kind, hand-written note.