Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Had a come to Jesus moment with the fact that my company does not give a flying fuck about me outside the fact Im a warm body theyd prefer to keep in the position Im in. Had a meeting with the owner about an open position Id love to move to. Ive had maybe one other meeting with him ever and I had heard both that he's super chill to work with on a day to day basis and also cold and flippant to prospects that aren't his own. Before I could even sit down and hand him my resume he said they had already made the decision to hire outside the company and he was just humoring me with the meeting. He threw me half a bone and suggested a new position they were planning would be something I might work for BUT it was dependent on the manager Id work on backing me 100% on being in the position (any less and I wouldnt be considered) AND if I was moved into it and there was any hint of the position not breaking even cost wise Id be thrown back to my current position immediately.

Now comes the hard part because I know I need to find a new job and my ability to handle the anxiety and avoidance behavior around all the task and responsibilities of job hunting is still abysmal. Ive been going to therapy for 3 years now and as far as my progress in this area goes Ive not moved an inch. I still have to hit rock bottom (like quitting my first professional job because of severe depression) or forced to (being laid off at my last job) before I can bring myself to write and submit applications. Even then it's still a whirlwind of anxiety and resulting mood swings which is why I avoid it now when Im still basically secure in my job. Just approaching my bosses about career advancement is a struggle, I got maybe 3 hours of sleep the night before my meeting yesterday, and this is why Ive languished in basically one notch above entry level positions since I graduated college over ten years ago now. I honestly just don't know what I can do with myself.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Nothing makes me angrier on Earth than having to disconnect and reconnect dryer vent tubes. I scared my wife with how angry I got this morning, I think she thought I was going to go full Jack Torrance.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: I don't have to worry about connecting and disconnecting dryer vent tubes.

Available at a Lee Valley near you.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Pulled an Elaine. JUST noticed that a fresh baby picture I have sent out to multiple people including old coworkers has a fringe of pubes alone the edge of the frame. How did I not notice this before!?!?

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Everything is coming up Millhouse for me today.

1. After getting my car back together last week I fucked up a positive cable that was draining the battery. Got a new cable and installed. Car was driving great yesterday no codes no funk symptoms. Today, coolant light is on and is dead low. Filled back up and drove a little and noticed there was a coolant leak. I got a coolant pressure tester and crossing fingers I just knocked something loose getting the air box back on next to the coolant tank.

2. Went up to my our farm to cut some grass and get some gardening stuff. Garage door opener on the garage is dead. Couldnt get to either the lawn mower or gardening stuff. Will have to take new battery up there to get it open.

3. It's been storming on and off for weeks and the grass is getting shaggy. It is soaked today anyway and planning to rain MORE this afternoon.

4. The neighbor came by and cut some of it a few weeks ago since he knows we can't be up there to keep it golf course fresh. He ended up mangling one of my tomato cages I found out today.

Edit: Rave- Car was simple loose hose.

Rant- I think my amazon account has been breeched. Cancelling my cards on that....

#21685 Kubla Kahn, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After four years of work interrupted by frequent procrastination, my first novel was released on Amazon today in both paperback and e-book.

My wife has never read any of it until Saturday. When she was done she said it was "really good". I reminded her that as my wife she was obligated to say that. She admitted as much, but then added it was still really good and she enjoyed it. Post-apocalyptic fiction isn't her thing, but she enjoyed it. So part of my objective, to appeal to a variety of readers, seems to be on track.

EDIT: Someone mentioned promoting it on here. I'm a little wary about putting my private info on here, but known board members who are interested can PM or rep me and I'll let ya know.

#21686 walt, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Spent the afternoon/evening in the ER (parking lot) with my mom. She had what seemed like a nerve pinch, and hasn't slept in a few days. She finally breaks down and agrees to let me take her to the ER to get it looked at after she just can't stand the pain any more. Well, it turns out she had another mild stroke... and the pain was a blood clot in her left arm, not a pinched nerve "because she slept on it funny."

RAVE: She's back home now, and with a clean bill of health from the ER docs... and some blood thinners and other meds, but man... what a fucking roller coaster of an afternoon.

8. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Bought a book written by a forum member.

RANT: I hope it ends better then the last time I bought a book written by a forum member.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant/rave: motherhood is quite the roller coaster. How can the most precious thing in the world do this to my nips? What's sleep? Why won't the burps come out? Even thinking about my baby makes me lactate. Everything is fucking weird.

10. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Grabbed Walt's book, read and enjoyed it. Thanks man!

RAVE: I didn't read whatever book kindalas is referencing. Score!

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Just got a new toaster. It's a really fucking crazy Japanese toaster shipped to me by my buddy @malisbad in Tokyo. It makes the best toast I've ever had.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I wish Amazon would hurry up and ship my damn books to me. I ordered 25 copies and have a bunch of people wanting signed copies but at this rate they won't get them until the end of the month. Hopefully there's still some enthusiasm left by then.

Rave ( I guess ): At least they're shipping single copies out to customers faster. Several people have said they got theirs within a couple days of ordering.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- It never.Fucking.Ends.

One of my tires was leaking and nearly flat. I bought the fucking extra insurance policy through Wal Mart for just this instance (since I seriously have blown out at least 6 tires for my car in the 5 years Ive owned it). Go to Wal Mart. TIRE CENTER CLOSED BECAUSE OF COVID..... Take it to Tire Discounter hoping they can patch it. 3 nails, supposedly, and then try to sell me on a new tire plus two others they say are shot. I think these tire places offer patching as just a ruse to sell you full tires. Ive never once had any of them actually fix shit. I took it home without anything hoping I can find a WalMart with an open tire center. I checked the treads on the other two they wanted to replace. No where near the wear bar. Fucking crooks. Ill probably have to go to them anyway when walmart buttfucks me.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Wife found 2 Sea-Doos on OfferUp. They look great! Owner claims they just haven't been used, sitting covered on a sheltered lift for two full seasons. Wife says, "hey, you can get these running, probably just batteries," and proceeded to buy them.

The engines in both are seized. They are either seized from years of sitting or sitting from years of being seized. I guess it makes no difference which, they're ours now.

I got one to turn over a few times, it sounded horrible, nothing like a healthy engine trying to start, more like a really slow garbage disposal trying to grind up ball bearings mixed with rusty piston rings marking up cylinder walls.

Kinda raveish I guess: Still got them for a price that dropping SBT remanned engines in them we would still be better off than buying two running Seadoos otherwise in good shape, and a double trailer. We'll have engine warranties, too. Still not looking forward to the work, though.

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Why does management always seem so fucking stupid. They have this new policy for servicing vehicles, where they do the ones first that just come up for service, so if you have one at 500hr, 700hr, 1000h, 1500hr, the 500 hour one gets done first.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I don't know what has happened to FedEx customer service. It used to be great. But fuck off. I've been placed on hold for 15 minutes at a time, cut off, given bad information, given conflicting information, transferred to the wrong department . . . Trying to find a package or get a claim on it for over 2 weeks now.

17. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure what the situation is like down there but I have been hearing shipping companies have been dealing with Christmastime level of packages they need to move... as such phone support as well as delivery times have all been in the shitter lately

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well fuck, longtime family friend in FL called and said said we should head down. Grandpa isn't doing well.

Call it fucked up but I want him to pass. He is ready and wants to pass with dignity. I talked to him a few days ago and he said the nurse was coming over in a few hours to change his diaper. So humiliating for someone who was completely mobile until just a few months ago.

So fucked up that we can put a dog asleep because it's the humane thing to do but we make grandpa lay in his own shit because his heart keeps going.

19. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Just got word that my mother's last sibling is in hospice for liver cancer. Mom is 87 and not likely to travel.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Truth. My company has a UPS business account with a personal account manager and everything. My boss went through 2 weeks of being transferred around, no info, no call backs, until she just gave up on a shipment.