Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: Dealing with a drunk, suicidal girl who invited me over to fuck is a new experience, one I hope to never repeat. I looked at my phone this morning and saw she called again at 12;30 and 7:30 this morning, so at least I know she made it through the night.

RAVE: Sometimes when dealing with a suicidal person you have to call their bluff and tell them "I don't want you to do it, but you do what you feel you need to do", hang up, and hope and pray for the best. This time it worked out. At least for now.

RAVE PART DEUX: Apparently I'm all mature and shit now, it never even entered my mind to take her up on her offer.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Finally, after SEVENTEEN YEARS, I've finished my Associate's Degree in Diesel Technology!

Due to a series of unfortunate events,* three of my class credits were missing, but today I took credit by exam, and passed them all.

I totally aced two of them (A/C systems and Drivetrains, missing one and two questions, respectively), but barely passed the Steering and Suspensions test; some of the questions and answers were weird, and the instructor administering the test said that he didn't think he would have passed the test if he had been the one taking it.

Now the credits have to get processed, then I get my degree officially.

I "lost" those credits for two reasons: I originally took my A/C class back when it was a community college, and when it upgraded to a "real" college offering Bachelor's degrees, it somehow got lost; they have no record that I ever took the class, and I didn't have any official paperwork that I PASSED the class. I still had a bunch of my old notes, my old textbook, old exams, etc., but that wasn't good enough.

The other two classes were a different story. When I started my degree, there were only two diesel instructors, and they did not teach the Summer semesters. That meant that you couldn't finish a diesel degree as fast as an automotive degree.
    So what used to be done for the diesel students was that you could take an equivalent automotive class, and still get credit for the diesel program, and that's what I did for Steering and Drivetrains.

Well, a few years ago, Auto/ Diesel program got a new Program Chairman, and he did away with that; wouldn't grandfather me in. Fuckin' prick.

I had to spend more money to take these three tests than I did to take ALL of the ASE tests I've completed, so I guess that's a rant.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Perfect timing for weekend weather

Attached Files:

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Put all the fixing for a boiled dinner in the crock pot this morning and not only did it not cook in time for supper but the fucking house smells like Satan’s colon. I’m never cooking cabbage again.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Yesterday on the radio they were talking about people re-connecting because of this pandemic. This morning I woke up with a feeling I should contact my former boss who I still have a lot of respect for ( just don’t ask me about his wife ). So after a year and a half I sent him a quick message. He got back to me and said he’s well. We’re not gonna grab a beer someday or anything, but I feel like I at least knocked down a barrier, real or imagined.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Complete First World Problem. I keep my hair pretty short due it being quite unruly so I get it cut about every 4-5 weeks. I'm about 3 weeks overdue. I just called my guy whose been cutting my hair for the last ~14 years to make an appt and due to our county being shut down, he's closed until at least April 7th. Possibly longer. This is not going to be a good look.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

RAVE: I woke up and I can breathe. Through my nose. Deeply. No more desert allergies! Woo Hoo!

RANT: It hit me this morning...this is the first time in my life that I'm going home and I won't see my mom.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Woke up to my CPAP mask being off, i guess sometime in the middle of the night i decided i didn't need it. Now i feel like a bag of smashed assholes.

9. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: We were supposed to leave for a belated honeymoon today but instead I’m stuck upstairs in my bedroom quarantining from husband because I’ve been having a low grade fever on and off for 2 1/2 days. He leaves me food on the stairs like a sad animal or a prisoner or something. I Clorox the whole bathroom before he takes a shower. It’s pathetic.

Is that a tickle in my throat? Was that sneeze just because of allergies? Is it cocovi or is it psychogenic? Maybe I’m just so stressed and insane that I gave myself a fever? Send help.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: One of my cats just got into a fight and looks like she dislocated her hip. Seems like I get to go experience the pandemic procedures for the emergency pet hospital.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT?: My mom just dropped a bomb on me. I guess her and her husband of 20 years are separating. Then she started crying, hung up the phone and then texted me telling me not to tell my siblings.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Lilly Fish (long story) is going to be fine. We were worried that she had a broken hip or something, due to a bunch of swelling in the joint area, but turns out she got into a fight and got bitten, and it had a really severe infection kick up pretty fast.

Spent some time in the parking lot a the emergency animal hospital and she's now back home and stoned out of her mind on pain meds... and will be for a few days.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I finally finished the editing for my as of yet still untitled book. I’ll have to convert it to a different format for beta readers I’m sure. But after a few years of working on it, it’s done.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I accidentally drowned one of my ducks today. I am the fucking worst. RIP Beyonce.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fucking bank. Late last year we had a customer drop off their car for repair and they were paying out of pocket because they have no insurance. I give them an estimate for $12k, they say they'll come down and sign and then just ghost me. I start the lien sale process but the loan company contests it. They send their independent appraiser out to assess the damage and agree that it's not worth fixing. I call the bank and ask them to sign the release of interest. They say they won't because of company policy and to just start another lien which they won't contest this time. I call the DMV back and according to them you can't start another lien with one pending and I'll have to take the bank to small claims court to get a judgement against them. No wrecking yards will touch it due to the open ended lien sale.

I call the bank back today they’re still refusing to sign the release. I asked to speak to her supervisor. They're busy of course so I said:

"Pass this on to your supervisor. DMV said I can't start another lien, the wrecking yard won't touch it, the courts are closed so I can’t sue you. You're the registered owner so either you sign this form or I'm going to tow it down there this weekend, drop it off in your parking lot and you can deal with it on Monday morning. And I will do it."

"Ummm, I'll have her call you tomorrow."

"You have until 5PM PST or I'm loading the trailer"

16. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Hi I'm a media/celebrity/social media influencer. I've been consuming exotic rabid monkey dung from animals that have been consuming super mung beans and drinking prune juice mixed with pig swill. It's a cure for covid cancer, hair loss and constipation plus it makes your tits big. You should be doing the same as me I'm a living example of the power of social media, twatter and face dorking to change we the way we cure disease, pestilence and STD's.
    [ok, might be bullshit. what gave it away? the big words?]

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: The new 12 string guitar I ordered before The COVID just arrived at the local shop. Curbside pickup tomorrow FTW.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Keeping with the guitar theme...

RAVE: My bloodstone Yamaha arrived today. A little fret buzz on the low E, but otherwise it plays just as well as I remember my old one. I've already played more today then I have in the past year.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Yea April 1st, yearly automatic raise.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Jungle Julia just cut bangs into her long black hair, making her look like a thicker Betty Page.

RANT: Her "Aunt Flo is in town," and she said that there's no way tonight.
    Like I care either way...