Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I don't get how peoples thought process works. We have 2 parking blocks at work, one has about 80, and a long term temp of about 60. Depending on how much labour is going on depends on how much parking is needed, if we have 2 ships in and 7 cranes running it is pretty dam packed. Well about 2 years ago when we were not as busy as we were today they took that temp away for can storage, it was an absolute shit show for 2 days before they realized there mistake and gave it back. Well we are way busier now and they are taking it away on friday again. I almost feel like calling in sick because i don't want to have to deal with trying to find parking.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: the endless political talk with relatives makes me never want to come home again. This is fucking miserable. I very much disagree with most of not all their comments and opinions but they are so smug and self assured that they are right that there is not way to engage without it being an argument.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I will never understand how some people can be so unbelievably dumb. I am on my third person in the last month who is legitimately too stupid to learn how to stick a thermometer in something and write down the temperature. Not even kidding. It is just too fucking hard for 3 dumbasses in a row. Someone who is born with serious mental defiencies could do this. I am on the verge of screaming at brain dead moron #3 at this point. It's been over a week for fuck's sake. Why can't you learn this? What the fuck is wrong with you? How did you graduate high school? How did you learn how to drive? What the fuck?

Seriously, if you can't figure out something that basic in over a WEEK, how the hell can they ever be trusted with something even a little complicated? Alrighty then, let's roll the dice again and try #4. Fucking hell. This is so ridiculous.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: My parents in their 60s and now they're starting to act like stupid old people for the first time. They are constantly obsessing about their health and my mom always thinks she has cancer, no matter what. Everything is a medical emergency, apparently. My dad is feeding into the bullshit by diagnosing the worst possible diseases based on shit he reads on the internet. Yesterday I read him the riot act because he weaponized shit I told him in confidence to my mom to get through to her about not taking care of herself. My brother and I are just so damn sick of all of it; my sister lives on the other side of the planet and doesn't have to deal with it. They should be out enjoying their golden years and this is how they've spent their retirement so far. Its been one thing after another (legitimately) for a month with my grandma, my kid having pneumonia and now this bullshit. My wife is wonderful, but she's super stressed out about her job which is causing a little friction so that isnt helping things either for anyone. I need to get away from everyone for a weekend.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Flew back to Vancouver for the big company Christmas party last weekend... lots of fun was had. Almost 400 of us there, nice spread, even worked a fishing trip in with some co-workers.

RANT: Fucking norovirus struck. 90+ people out of work for a few days, a few of them hospitalized. Merry fucking Christmas.

RAVE: I didn't get Noro!

RANT: Got a killer cold instead... feel like ass, hacking up a lung, and I have to fly to Tokyo on Saturday. Should be a fun next week.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got my first deer this season with my new Ruger .450 Bushmaster AR. Had a tree for a rest and hit a dead nuts perfect shot behind the elbow through the heart at 143 yards.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

SAD RANT: There was a dog in the freeway on my way to work this AM. The poor thing. People (we) were stopped (danger do not recommend) trying to corral him but that would just send him the opposite direction and back into moving cars. He had a collar with tags but no one could get close enough to help. It was heartbreaking. I haven't stopped thinking about it all day.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Collapsed sewer line on my property. I think.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: ear infection

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: compression stuff.
    ‪So imagine wearing a compression tube from your lower rib cage to your knees, with a compression bra sitting right above it. ‬
    ‪Now imagine needing to pee. ‬

‪Rolllllll down the tube, pee, then try to put all the biscuits back in the can. ‬
    Rave: my watch congratulated me for my workout.

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant ( of sorts ): I gave a new website project a year to see if the idea would work. I really thought it was a golden idea.

Apparently not, as for the most part it's floundered along since August. I decided to give it til March, figuring 6 mo was a good cut off. But after talking to a friend I've decided to just pull the plug at the end of this month. I'm spending hours a day trying to breathe life into and promote it, and it's just not taking off. I'm out a few hundred bucks, which I'm okay with, it was a gamble in the first place. But I can't keep spending so much time on it for little to no return.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the plumbers said it was a collapsed line. So i spent friday trying to find out where my services are, which i knew roughly but i had to find out. They were all in 4 feet of each other. Saturday morning i had an excavator delivered. Saturday and Sunday where spent hand digging and excavating until i found the sewer line/services. Which included busting up my driveway. Then when i had all my services and sewer found, we found another pipe which we had no idea what it was. So i rent a cheap snake to run down the sewer line to hope to identify which pipe was my sewer. Well the snake got to where it was blocked and i decided to push just a little bit harder, just for the fun of it, and guess what? It was blocked not broken.

So...

Rave: We got our toilet back.

Rant: A day of lost wages, 2 days of digging, a busted up driveway, cost of all the rentals and excavator. For nothing.

13. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Work finished for the year, five weeks off now.

Rave: Another session of ink tomorrow, leg sleeve is almost complete.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Holidays start on Friday... 2 solid weeks off to do not work work. Looking forward to making tons of sawdust in the shop as I finish my home office reno.

RANT: Just got back from Tokyo, and am massively jetlagged and have a bad case of bronchitis. It's going to be a long week.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I fucking hate buying tickets to anything because of TicketBastard's ass rape fees. Fuck you, greedy, cheating, underhanded motherfuckers.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The vet said we're at the "beginning of the end" for our beagle. She's got an enlarged heart, so starting meds for that as well as the stuff she's on to help her sleep and now CBD chews for her pain. The vet was great, was with us about an hour.

She's anywhere from 12-14 ( not sure, she's a rescue ) so I knew the day was coming, but it still sucks.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: FUCK YEAH, ANOTHER THREE ASE TESTS FINISHED!

Today I got Diesel Engines, Electricity and Electronic Systems, and Preventative Maintenance.

Just two more, and I'm a certified Master Truck Technician.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Started on my 2 week vacation to stop thinking about work for a change and to get a bunch of shit done over Xmas, not the least of which is to finish my home office renovation. Day 1 was "do nothing". Mission accomplished. Day 2 was "start doing all the things". The list of shit done was kind of impressive: winterize all of the small engines, prep the snowblower, clean out the garage, mount new lumber shelves, re-stack lots of rough cut lumber that was all over the floor, load up winter tires to take to shop to get sensors installed, unload said tires, lug many bags of sand for backyard renovations, wood chip a bunch of tree limbs, buy lots of wood from Home Despot, load truck with said wood, unload said wood into new lumber racks, clean up shop lugging jointers and planers around, then sat down to a nice meal and a nice bottle of wine.

RANT: Holy shit did I ever blow the fuck out of my back. Could not get out of bed during the night. Barely made it this morning to grab a ton of Vitamin-I (Ibuprofen).

RAVE: Excellent excuse to sit on the couch and watch The Witcher on Netflix. Hopefully back gets good enough to make it out to a family Christmas Eve dinner in a bit.

19. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh Rant: From dad passing earlier this year, to the wife dealing with post partum depression, just not feeling Christmas this year.

20. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I attended the boxing championships last night that were headlined by the Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Gervonta Davis fight, and it was a great time! I had a good seat that was about 11 rows up and faced the center of the ring, and I got there right when the doors opened at 5:00 so I could see all of the undercard fights. The main undercard, Jean Pascal vs. Badou Jack, turned out to be one hell of a fight that resulted in an upset victory for Pascal. Jack had the better overall fight statistically and was definitely the better fighter in the second half of the fight after he had a slow start, but it was still funny to see Pretty Boy Floyd at ringside looking none too pleased that the fighter that he promotes lost. As expected Davis dominated the main event, but he didn't look like he was in top condition physically and Gamboa was actually able to take him to the 12th round despite being 38 years old and only being able to win maybe two of the first eleven rounds.

Rave:
    My new job that I started in September has been going extremely well. They wanted to buy out my contract with the staffing agency but it looks like they're going to have to wait until the contract ends in March. I just hope that things don't go south before then!

Rant:
    Family drama at Thanksgiving and Christmas. My brother-in-law is a piece of shit.

Rave: My concert calendar for 2020 so far: MXPX with Five Iron Frenzy, Tool, The Fab 4 (a Beatles tribute band), The Used, Blue Oyster Cult, Erykah Badu, Sharon Van Etten, TORRES, Alanis Morisette with Liz Phair and Garbage, and Harry Styles with Jenny Lewis!

Rant: I am actually not looking forward to the calendar rolling over. I have now had three consecutive years that were either good or at least not terrible by my standards. I know that I'm due for a bad year.