Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Damn, I love boobs.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RAVE: I found out today that the position I was hired for had approximately 1500 resumes submitted for the 10 positions that they needed to fill. Between my former (And now current) boss's recommendation and me being absolutely charming in my interviews, I secured one of the coveted positions. She even waived me having to provide professional references since she was familiar with my abilities. At my age it's difficult to get your foot in the door and I'll be forever in her debt for opening the door for me.

RANT: I just finished the first week and my brain hurts. The job is in the medical field, something I have zero experience in. In fact science/biology are subjects I've always been weak in, so getting myself up to speed has been a bit taxing since I'm also having to learn several unfamiliar interfaces at the same time. I'm kind of ignoring being anything resembling capable on the computer side right now since I know that'll come easy enough once I turn my attention to it, but all the medical information I'm having to absorb is kicking my ass at the moment.

RAVE: It's Friday night and I can turn off my brain and drink beer.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: My truck was parked in my driveway and my mom pulled by it to get in the garage. In the process, she cut it a bit too soon/close, and then proceeded to swipe the front left corner of my bumper all down the side of her car. The front quarter panel, passenger doors, and rear quarter panel are all dented in and have a big red paint smear. Nothing structural, but lots of cosmetic. My truck has a small nick in the paint around the bumper... no real damage or panel deformation, just some paint scraped down to metal. Fucking hell.

"I heard something but didn't know what it was."
    "Uhmmm... why didn't you stop?"
    "I figured it would stop on its own so just kept going."
    I proceed to have an aneurysm while mom bursts into tears.
    "Love you mom, we'll figure it out, all good."

RANT: My untrained and inexperienced eye thinks it's going to be $3k - $4k. Fuck.

RAVE: Her birthday is in a week... just ordered her a nice "body and paint repair kit" off Amazon... gift wrapped and a "Happy Birthday" note attached. I'm sure she'll love it.

Happy Sunday everyone!