Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Just back from a week in the mountains, great time.

Rant: AC was NOT working upon my return. It is 100 here during the day atm. Repair dude just told me that the outside unit is dead dead. Grrrrr.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Found the pick up truck I've wanted for years at a price we could likely afford.

Rant: The payoff balance on my current vehicle said otherwise.

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Rave:
    Two chicks at the same time.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: We planned a weekend trip to a family members cabin in Bethel NY this weekend forgetting it's Woodstock's 50th Anniversary and they're expecting about 100,000 people to come to town. Which means you can't get anywhere or do anything without traffic, crowds, and hassle. I said we should reschedule but the family said we can just stay at the cabin and do outdoors stuff.

Now it looks like rain all weekend.

So again, I said let's wait. Nope. Wife insists were going. So I get to drive three hours so we can all sit inside because the weather sucks and everyplace will be crowded. We'd be better off staying home, there'd be more to do.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Woke up this morning to the smell of something small rotting in the house. It's downstairs, somewhere, where my home office is, but I'll be damned if I can find the source. I have no doubt that the fucking cats brought in a new toy that crawled under or into something and died. 20 mins of searching and no luck so far... and now I have zero time to look until later.

It's going to be a fun day.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: Roommate went out to go to work this morning and his truck was gone. Stolen. Poor dude just moved here from Mississippi and all his shit was in the back. I think I'll probably be getting a secondary alarm on my car soon to back up the factory security system. This town sucks.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fuck I'm irritated. Buddy of mine has been wanting to go to SEMA* for years but I could never swing it because I didn't have the admin powers to add people to the roster when I was managing the last shop. So now that we have our own shop, I put him on the list which is a real motherfucker as they're supposed to be employees only. I had to take some paycheck stubs, doctor them up, submit them & pay for his registration. I told him to book his flight ASAP, here are the flight numbers & times. He wants me to do just buy both tickets and he'll pay me back. I told him I had already booked mine and he needs to book his ASAP before the flight is full, which he does. I tell him I want to stay at the MGM Grand because they have the monorail which takes you right to the convention center. He says it's too expensive and he found an AirBnB that is close and $95 less a night. Cool, I tell him to book it but he wants me to. I told him I don't have a BnB account, he does, book it and I'll paypal him my half immediately. The next day he tells me to just book MGM because booking the BnB is causing friction with his wife. I ask how is saving $95 a night causing friction? He says he doesn't want to get into it. I go to book MGM and they want $680 now and the other $80 upon check in (which is weird but whatever) He says ok and he can give me his half in October. I say that I can't float him that long (I can, but fuck, he's known about this for a year, is 45 years old and this isn't the Bank of GTE) So he says that he'll look into the BnB again and let me know this morning. I started feeling bad about it so I texted him this morning and said I'll just book MGM and we'll figure it out. He replies back "Are you sure you want to go? You don't seem excited about this. I can cancel my airfare and get a refund." WHAT. THE. FUCK? He knows I've already booked my airfare, paid for the registration and am 100% going regardless if he goes or not.

* For those not in the know, SEMA is THE car event of the year. www.semashow.com Four days, 2.2 million square feet, thousands of cars, thousands of exhibits, all the new shit will be there, Supra, C8 Vette etc

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Rant: my children will never know the pain of having to search dozens of floppy disks to find the one you saved a file on years ago and you really need like yesterday

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Found the dead mouse. It was big. It was slurped up and area was disinfected. The smell is now dissipating. It was digging into the insulation of the beer fridge and apparently died as a result.

RANT: I puked a bit in my mouth.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I somehow got a tiny chip of metal stuck in my pinky finger Thursday, and it got infected.
    Now it's swelling up, and it's spreading.

I'm sitting in a clinic waiting room right now when I should be at work.

RANT: It seems like the guys at work never get anything done when I'm not there, so there's going to be a bunch of jobs waiting for me when I get back.

RAVE: I've got job security!

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess it's only fair I rescind this diatribe. Truth is, the traffic isn't nearly as bad as expected as long as you stay away from Bethel Woods before a concert.

It's too bad they've closed off access to everyone without a concert pass, because earlier in the day traffic was next to nothing. I bet a lot of people, us included, could have gotten in and out before the crowds really took over. Call that a mini rant I guess.

Oh well. We did get to see Max Yasgurs farm from the highway before heading back to the cabin for lunch and kayaking.

12. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: First day of a week long holiday and I've already started to hear from my team that the new product developers in my work have started to backstab and blame me for issues while I'm not there to defend myself.

These are people who have only been working here for 3 months and already I've had to field more drama and school ground politics than Ive ever had to in the last 2.5 years.

I'm fucking done with this place and now just need to find a new role.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After a month of planning, including two weeks of a crash course in databases, coding, etc., I finally got a new social media site I wanted to try up and running.

Now I need to get back to editing my attempt at a novel.

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Bali was awesome even with drunk family members and parts of the island being tourist traps..

Rave: Got my open water dive course done and that was amazing.

Rave: Two new tattoos today and they came up great.

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Gig scheduled for 7:30 got bumped back to 5:00. Normally I'd be irritated, but it'd be nice to be home on a Saturday evening for a change. As a bonus, they are providing lighting, PA system and sound tech. "Plug and play", my favorite.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: That feeling when...
    You tweak your neck while sleeping. That causes significant stiffness, pain, and limited mobility and makes the trap and shoulder muscles stiff. So you do yoga and stretches multiple times a day, take appropriate meds, self massage, stand under the hot shower, use magnesium muscle rubs and Bengay muscle rub obsessively for days and days with small incremental improvements.....

Then one day you're stretching and feel a pop in your neck with instant relief.

Ahhhhh!

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: At this stage off the trip to the Solomon Islands to collect and dispose of explosive remnants of war. Junk.

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Haven't bitched about work in a long time but, whew, what a rough few weeks. New painter is not at the level he proclaimed to be. It's basically impossible to "fake it until you make it" in that position. WAY too many redo's due to the color match being off. We're killing production speed and spending a fuck ton on materials. I've given him plenty of chances but we're going to have to make a change. It sucks letting someone go who lives paycheck to paycheck and has 3 young kids. But, the company can't continue on this path or we'll all be looking for jobs.
    Our new store is doing good, it's a smaller shop than the one I'm running but I just found out that my biz partner is dropping his kids off at school every morning. So not only I doing twice the number of cars he's doing weekly, I'm also working 1.5-2 more hours a day than he is. Getting frustrated and building a little animosity towards the situation. Going to need to address that also.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: after months and months of obsessing over this damn flooring project, we started making movements on it. About a month ago we started moving everything from downstairs to upstairs. So everything is crammed on the upstairs floor. Less than 2 days ago, literally 9 at night on Thursday, I ripped out the carpet and padding of one of the rooms downstairs. Guess who texted about a visit late last night? I don't hear a peep from any family members about visiting and now it happens once I have started demolitioning the downstairs. FML. Oh, not to mention that the family member is bringing their new spouse, too. So we will be entertaining someone I have never met in my torn up fucking house. Fuck!

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: I don't have to tell a family member to get a fucking hotel room.