Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Damn, I love boobs.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RAVE: I found out today that the position I was hired for had approximately 1500 resumes submitted for the 10 positions that they needed to fill. Between my former (And now current) boss's recommendation and me being absolutely charming in my interviews, I secured one of the coveted positions. She even waived me having to provide professional references since she was familiar with my abilities. At my age it's difficult to get your foot in the door and I'll be forever in her debt for opening the door for me.

RANT: I just finished the first week and my brain hurts. The job is in the medical field, something I have zero experience in. In fact science/biology are subjects I've always been weak in, so getting myself up to speed has been a bit taxing since I'm also having to learn several unfamiliar interfaces at the same time. I'm kind of ignoring being anything resembling capable on the computer side right now since I know that'll come easy enough once I turn my attention to it, but all the medical information I'm having to absorb is kicking my ass at the moment.

RAVE: It's Friday night and I can turn off my brain and drink beer.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: My truck was parked in my driveway and my mom pulled by it to get in the garage. In the process, she cut it a bit too soon/close, and then proceeded to swipe the front left corner of my bumper all down the side of her car. The front quarter panel, passenger doors, and rear quarter panel are all dented in and have a big red paint smear. Nothing structural, but lots of cosmetic. My truck has a small nick in the paint around the bumper... no real damage or panel deformation, just some paint scraped down to metal. Fucking hell.

"I heard something but didn't know what it was."
    "Uhmmm... why didn't you stop?"
    "I figured it would stop on its own so just kept going."
    I proceed to have an aneurysm while mom bursts into tears.
    "Love you mom, we'll figure it out, all good."

RANT: My untrained and inexperienced eye thinks it's going to be $3k - $4k. Fuck.

RAVE: Her birthday is in a week... just ordered her a nice "body and paint repair kit" off Amazon... gift wrapped and a "Happy Birthday" note attached. I'm sure she'll love it.

Happy Sunday everyone!

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I am so done with taking boomers seriously with their constant bitching about millenial workers. I swear, every motherfucking boomer boss I've had acts like a 12 year old girl who just got her first period cramps. Always in a pissy mood. Always fucking crabby. Always whining about stupid shit. Sorry, can't take your bullshit seriously when you act like a petulant fucking crybaby day in day out. Then, when some "entitled millenial" snaps back at them after their neverending verbal abuse they act aghast. Nobody did that in 1978! Whatever, go fuck yourself. It's probably my bad luck, or industry, but whatever the case I'm fucking sick of it. I can't wait until this generation is out of the work force entirely.

Also, I don't give a shit that you were married at 19 and your wife that you hate shat out 8 fucking kids before you were 30.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: The car repairs are being covered under the umbrella insurance policy... a single $500 deductible, no downside. Joys of being a 30+ year customer.

6. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with everything you said and I am a boomer. In addition, I have found millenials to be great and incredibly intelligent workers once they learn how.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: the ducklings have arrived and all are healthy and active. One is crested!

Rantish: they were packed with FOUR warmer chicks. Usually they are Male. Now I've got to figure out what to do with 4 extra animals....

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Wind down might be imminent. Ouch.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Rave: New posts in the cooking thread!

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: Rehomed them to a lady who "rescues" chickens and will keep them as pets along with her flock. Talk about ultimate score for a warmer chick.

11. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got married, yesterday!

Bigger Rave: A year's worth of stress, frustration, and anxiety are finally at an end.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: conecuh sausage factory lost a big processing building due to a fire after a storm. NONONONO. They were underinsured. Is this going to disrupt the sausage market? Wheres the gofundme?

Rant: have a kidney infection. This has been going on since September. Hopefully this month of antibiotics does the trick.

Edit: Rave: My parents were fucking with me. There was no conecuh factory fire.
    They let me hang on for a full day with this sick joke.

#21472 bewildered, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: A while back I came across one of these on Ebay and the desire to own one has been there on my mind since. Thing is, they're pricey so i never bid. I finally sprung for one.

Im not a comic book collector, but I read the comics and played with the toys as a kid. So this is something that made me smile as I opened the package.

IMG_20190328_121538_584.jpg

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: I've said it before and I hope I never have to say it again: Fuck cancer. A very dear friend just passed away from breast cancer much to young.

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: lost a little weight.
    Rant: it came from all over (yay) including the fat grafting covering my implants (boo)
    Rave: another fat grafting session soon?
    Rant: my tits look like Sarah Sanders’s eyes

16. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Females suck

Rant: Depression sucks

Mega Rant: What sucks most of all is busting your arse all year, getting what you thought was a decent performance report and appearing to go backwards in reviews and seeing people who you know categorically are lazy and incompetent getting promoted ahead of you.

17. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: got contacts.

Rant: put in contacts

Worse rant: need to get out contacts

Even worse rant: 100 proof rum makes that really hard.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: I'm automating some shit in my in-house seedling area. I've got a new Arduino-based controller that acts as light, fan, and water solenoid timer. The water solenoids feed a series of mister heads that I've plumbed into the seed rack. It's all going well except for the fact that I fucking HATE plumbing, never mind all the different little pieces-parts for various sized tubes, adapters, etc. I ended up standardizing on 1/4" water purification hoses and quick-connects, which work out for almost everything. I even found a few water solenoid valves that use the quick-connect. And now for the rant...

RANT: The solenoid supplier sent me the wrong fucking valves. These are normally open, not normally closed... so you need to apply power in order to have the valves be closed, and they are naturally open. "That's normal" they said when I called them. FUCK NO IT'S NOT, you stupid bitch. Water systems are meant to fail closed, so that shit doesn't leak everywhere when you lose power. Needless to say she got pissy (probably due to the fact that I had a short fuse and was even pissier), and she hung up on me.

RAVE: Called back and talked to a manager who knew right away they'd fucked up and is overnighting replacement parts. Here's hoping they get here in time because my motivation for this work is a week-long trip to Vancouver next week, and I wanted this shit to be automatically watered while I was gone.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Walking into The Masters in Augusta.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Daughter gave me a stomach bug. Oh. My. God. I cant stop pooping. Since shes been in daycare, Ive had endless colds, hand-foot-and-mouth and now this. $500 a week for this shit.