Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rant

There is nothing like having some lowlife steal your sick dog’s perscription antibiotics off the front porch to make you want to murder the fucking world. I’m sure they’re partying and freebasing it right now, fuck the fact this poor thing is pissing blood.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT/RAVE: The client that is my largest project is imploding. They hired a bunch of mediocre at best developers to run the place, and they have no clue what they're doing. They think that they can just figure shit out as they go, even though they have zero experience. They have been ignoring the advice of me and my excellent team who are proper engineers, with years if not decades of experience, and just done their own thing, all while providing us with the direction for us to follow. We've just been sitting back watching them spiral, ensured our CYA paper trail is fully in place, and done the best we could. Their internal finger-pointing is now taking place. They tried to throw us under the bus but we saw that coming months ago and planned accordingly, all while getting paid every month. Their non-technical money guys are now starting to understand what we were trying to tell them months ago... understand as in finally realizing just how much money they've wasted on following the direction of their internal, self-proclaimed "best programmers in the world", rather than take our advice on how to do things. It's looking like they are close to cleaning house and turning everything over to us fully moving forward. My boss, their founder, and the senior business development guys have been in closed-door meetings all afternoon, with only the occasional request for info to me... which I am happy and quite able to provide. Tomorrow should be an interesting day, to say the least.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: Well it is settled. We went to the settlement hearing in which just you the other guy and the judge sit around and talk to see if you can come to a conclusion. We decided on 6000 more then the max of 20,000. I am sure I would of won the case, but I live in a small town with lots of family court and domestic issue. And small claims goes to the back of the line, I know multiple people who it ended up costing them more in lost wages then it was to pay.

4. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

RANT: Just got my daughter back from out west....and she has fucking lice.

Goddamnit.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Fever above 103 the last 2 days. Whatever this is is kicking my ass.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Heading to Toronto this weekend to meet up with some friends from the UK, and check out some great live tunes at The Reservoir Lounge. Can't wait!

7. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Chuggers (Charity Muggers) at the shopping center who can't take 'no thanks' for an answer and insist on trying to engage you until they can suck money out of you. I wouldn't mind if they actually volunteered and the larger proportion of money actually went to the cause. But when the average return to the actual cause is a few cents in the dollar and the rest goes in 'overheads' including the chuggers, not impressed.

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Closed on the house!

Rant: Moving during monsoon level rain

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My phone had my password saved. I'VE MISSED Y'ALL!

10. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE:

Holy shit. You fuckers are still around. And so is this thread.

11. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT:

Dear Self,

Let's face it, looking forward to fun things happening and shit going your way just isn't happening lately. Until further notice, it's time to go back to being an emotionally vacant and unapologetic narcissist when dealing with most* people and situations. Unless there is an immediate benefit to you, the answer is always 'no' - especially to play dates with cunty mothers and Facebook friend requests. Block everyone who adds zero value to your life, regardless of DNA affiliation or perceived added value at a later date.

And if you've decided to let someone into your hula hoop, don't be a fucking asshole.

Kindly,

Self, v.2

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Second week of new job training, got some time behind the wheel the past few days.

Rave: Didn't hit anyone or anything while driving something 4x bigger than I'm used to.

13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I found a new roommate, and she is supposed to move in this week.

Rant: She told me that she is a bartender, but I had a light bulb moment the other day when I looked up the bar that she claimed to work at and realized that she is almost certainly a stripper. If she didn't want me to put 2 and 2 together she could have at least told me that she works at a bar that is open later and isn't next to one of the most popular clubs in the city. I hope that she'll be a responsible roommate, but I am just a tad bit concerned now.

Rave: The long wait to see Chvrches in concert for the first time will finally be over on Wednesday! I also have a few other concerts before the end of the year that should be good: Lauryn Hill (okay, I'm not holding my breath on that one), Big Thief, Kurt Vile, and Bob Seger!

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: my package has been re-routed twice because of mishandling and is well outside of estimated delivery date. It's from lovehoney and I think the postal workers are fucking with me.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MEGA-FUCKING HUGE RAVE: Finally, at long, fucking last, Monster Magnet is on tour in the USA.
    AND I'VE GOT TICKETS!!!

If you're a fan, check their schedule and see if they're coming near you, because they usually only play in Europe these days.
    I don't think we'll get a chance to see them over here again for a good while.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rant

I swear on all that is holy, if any of you know of a single store in existence that doesn’t have a brain-damaged cashier, I will use my vacation days to fly to that city just so I can experience what normal, everyday customer service used to feel like when I was only in my thirties.

I mean, Jesus fucking CHRIST. You don’t have a hard job, you don’t even have an easy job. You have a more than easy job. It’s as hard as folding clothing. If you can’t even do that, just fucking turn to a life of crime already. You’re hopeless.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Trying to get to the urgent care center at Patriot Place on game day. Christ.

Rant: Either me, my wife, or my daughter has been sick nonstop for a month.

18. jenny12many

jenny12many
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: I can still come here and see what my tits used to look like before 2 kids. Thanks for the mammaries, guys.

19. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I haven't been able to get to sleep this week and am more tired than I've been for a long while
    Rave: The loss of sleep is because I started getting up at 5.30 to work on a project
    Rave: This consistency has helped me get more done in the past week than the previous month.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: USPS is so full of shit. "Order status: delivery attempt made 9:30 a.m., no access available." I was here and the access is the same as it is every day. Lazy motherfuckers just didn't want to deliver the package. Has there ever been a more poorly named service than the post office's "priority mail"? Asshole carrier.

Double Rant: I miss my old mailman. Great guy. I could call his cell and find out where stuff was, and he always delivered on time, even Saturday. RIP.