Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Motherfucking all night road construction outside your bedroom window

2. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Motherfucking Rave: I booked my plane tickets, AirBnb and bought my concert tickets to see Jamiroquai in San Francisco in April. Ever since, I feel like a 10 year old kid who's waiting for Santa, the Easter Bunny, and her birthday to come all in the same day. This is a bucket list item for me that I've had for years and I CANNOT wait to go!!

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: When the day is blah, and TiB surprises me with: 1) Jamiroquai is still alive and touring; 2) There's a Jamiroquai fan on TiB.

(and now I have to watch the Virtual Insanity video again.)

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Formula One is back!

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    RANT: This time of year always kicks my ass. I don't even understand why I seem a bit off kilter until I look at the calendar. Then I understand.

3/22 was my father's birthday. He and I fought like cats and dogs my whole life. But through it all I never doubted that he loved me, we were both very hard headed. I miss the old man. He wouldn't have won any father of the year accolades, but at least he tried to be a father every now and then.

And then there's St. Patrick's Day. My family is Irish so St. Patty's Day has always been kind of a big deal. My boy's name is Patrick (Don't you dare call him "Pat", he hated that.) Patrick was born a couple days before Christmas and his birthday kind of got lost among the family because it was so close to Christmas, so we made a pretty big deal of St. Patrick's Day for him so he'd feel like he had his own special day.

I was as deeply flawed as my own father as a father, but I tried my best. Patrick showed no interest in learning music or mechanics, but he did like playing baseball and that's where we bonded. I always wished my father and I had played catch at least once, but he wasn't athletic at all. I would've settled for a soft toss back and forth, but it never happened. Patrick and I played catch in the backyard constantly and it wasn't soft toss. We were trying to bore the ball through the other's sternum. We shit talked each other and talked about everything while throwing the ball back and forth. I never even realized what a special memory it was when it was happening.

I don't know if I'm the only one here that's lost a child, but it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It fucking hurts and hurts and hurts. And it never goes away.

6. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just got back from my first trip to California and it couldn't have gone any better. I would have canceled the trip had I thought to make the arrangements refundable, given the storm that was headed towards the area around Santa Barbara, but it turned out not to be a huge deal and I am very grateful that I went. My flights on the way there and on the way back both landed 15-30 minutes early, too.

Rave: I saw Eleanor Friedberger open for The Decemberists at the Fox Theater in Pomona, and it was every bit as good as I would expect it to be when my second favorite vocalist opens for one of my top ten favorite bands of all time.

Rave:
    A woman I know who lives in San Diego invited me to have lunch with her. I was a little surprised since I had only met her a couple of times, but I made the drive down and she took me to a Mexican restaurant in Old Town. I had a really nice time with her, and the drive between San Diego and Pomona was really pretty.

Rant: I have to go back to my sad life on Monday.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: these things are tits.
    rps20180331_174436_872.jpg

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: The the building across the street from our office is roughly the same height as ours, with the windows at about the same positions. Around 7:30 AM in the morning me and some random guy across the street in his building have a staring contest through each of our windows while we sip our coffee. We do not break eye contact. The first person to break or laugh loses. We've never met or spoken otherwise. I've beaten him more times than he has me, except this time he beat me and is now officially winning.

9. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: New golf cart tires. I don't care who you are, new tires on something ups your manliness a tick for the rest of the day. Even if you're a girl, manliness upped. Your automobile, motorcycle, trailer, unicycle, all of them are a little more capable than they were, now that they have that new rubber.

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Shit piling up right now-

Former employee who is suing me for OT, deposed me two weeks ago, I all but made her attorney cry during questioning. Magistrate judge at mediation said a jury would believe me most likely as well. She will not drop this. The only “evidence” they have of OT is supposedly on her cell phone records, which she will not provide at discovery. She’s also OT exempt and disputing that. Even her attorney told my attorney before deposition that he didn’t think there case was as strong as initially.

A reasonable, and rather generous, offer was made to settle and she quadrupled her counter + attorney fees.

There’s no background between her and I- never romantic, never argued, she just walked out one day afyer the team had to stay to 6pm. I think that’s the second time it happened in her 2 years at my office.

We may go to trial, but I don’t see losing this case. I may be able to counter for my attorney fees but I still have to be drug thru this shit. I’m pretty sure my countersuit would bankrupt her. I also have a feeling she feels like she has nothing to lose.

I keep reading 97% of cases settle before going to trial but I refuse to pay her a dime.

Assholes like this can’t be too rare, wouldn’t you argue there’s a very small chance they’ll take this to trial even if I don’t pay them a dime?

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RANT: When a toothache leads to being told you need oral surgery. This shit blows.

RAVE: Pain pills.

12. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Trying to get back in the dating game. I see okcupid is still a delusional freakshow where "hot" means they're a regular at Mos Eisely

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: My cat got beat up this morning. Let him out early, not 20 seconds later all hell breaks loose, and he gets attacked and severely bitten on his rear right foot... big, bleeding puncture wound. Joy. Last time this happened he got a fever within hours and it took a long bout of antibiotics to fix the infection, and he couldn't walk for about 2 weeks. So this time, within an hour, packed him off to the emergency vet for antibiotics and stuff.

RAVE: All is better now... he's on some pain meds and is sleeping in front of the fire.

RANT: I don't live as well as my cat.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- The position at my work has been put on hold until summer and I could be out of work within a week or so.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Crap. My mailman died in a freak accident this past weekend. He was one of the nicest people I knew. He always stopped in my office it chat, talk sports for a minute or discuss whatever big plans we had for the weekend. I will miss him.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: The garage door spring let go this morning. I thought something blew up in the garage, but luckily, it was just the spring retainer letting go, and nothing appears to have been broken as a result. NO way in hell am I going to try and fix this myself... good way to get yourself beat to death.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got the results of my second sleep study back. And should hopefully have a sleep apnea machine by the end of the week. They said I was stopping breathing around 16(maybe 20) times an hour which I thought was a lot but they only considered that mild to moderate. But on my seconds sleep study when they hooked me to the machine they got it down to an average of 4.2 an hour, they said anything under 5 is normal. So here is to hoping I start actually sleeping well. I am mid 30's 6' 200-210ish pounds, so I shouldn't be having these problems.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: el hubs just got notification of his on site interview for a big name company in Washington state. It would be a huge change for us but I think for the better. Here's to making goals and working towards them!

19. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: Things said during my wax appointment today:
    * I'm 5'3", it says so on my birth certificate
    * I grew up the youngest of 5 girls. I'm still the youngest.
    * May 24 is on the 12 this year.
    * Everything is earlier this year. Easter was early, the moon was early, I bet Christmas will be early too.

20. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The mystery health problem saga continues. After all kinds of bullshit and scheduling issues, I finally went to get an MRI this morning. About 25 minutes in, they gave me the gadolinium, and then the computer immediately crashed. So I got all the fun of an MRI without the desired results, plus the headache and nausea and foul taste in my mouth that apparently comes along with the iv contrast. Wheee. And because the hospital system is so hyper specialized and compartmentalized, I just have to wait for someone to call me back to get rescheduled.