Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: One of my debit card numbers got stolen a couple weeks ago. The bank gave me my money back and sent a new card. The new card was active as soon as it was produced and mailed. Before I even got my hands on the unopened envelope containing the card, that card number was used fraudulently for several purchases on the opposite side of the country. Yeah, you read that right, my new card number was stolen before it reached my PO box.

The bank says they will investigate the company that took the card number for the purchases. It seems pretty obvious to me that the bank might have a security breach since the card was never outside of a sealed envelope, but they didn't want to hear it.

I still haven't gotten my money back from the latest round of fraudulent use.

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: I work for a manager who is incapable of coordinating a department lunch. And I am the only member of his department.

3. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Well, my father passed early Tuesday morning. Still caring for my stepmother, she actually had a leg surgery on Tuesday as well. Not my best day. Still much to do.

RAVE: Immunotherapy kept the old fellow here with us a lot longer, and in good form, than you would imagine. He made it just over two years with cancer in both lungs, his brain, liver, adrenals and so on. Was hail and hearty.....until he wasn't. Even so, he had a high quality of life and much more time. So that is all win.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: Just got diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea. Never had a problem sleeping, my second kid came around and I was sleeping like shit, well so was he. So I figured that is all it was, but then he actually started sleeping ok around 1-1.5 years old, and I was still sleeping like shit. Well now that is known I have to go back and get the machine calibrate for me. Here is to hoping I start sleeping better in a month or so after setup my appointment and get the machine.

5. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: Signed a rental agreement on a house today. It's available a week from today. I probably shouldn't feel so relieved when shit is only going to get harder from here on out but god damn it if I don't feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Rant: Just the idea of telling the kids is terrifying. I know they'll adjust but I don't want to break their little hearts.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rave: Tried out a 3-cheese penne alfredo recipe last night for dinner. It was delicious, and I can't wait to make it again.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    I’ve mentioned my second ex husband here before.

It’s a small fucking internet y’all and seeing that scumbag motherfucker posting on reddit in places I’ve been following for awhile, talking about what a great dad he is (he’s not) and how much he loves his wife (the 22 year old) and what a wonderful person he is while also mentioning what a shitty person I am kinda makes me want to flip a fucking table.

Christ.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Ra---ehhhhh.... My mother in law is drunk texting me. As in right now. Please stop telling me about your "slutty catsuit." It's too early in the morning for this.

9. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Soooo many questions?⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rave: Last day of 12 straight 14 hour days. My brain went into shut down mode about 3 days ago.

Double Rave: Overtime!

11. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Trying to find an apartment that fits my budget in Austin is driving me insane. Or, crazier, at least.

12. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: After substantial red tape and self advocacy bordering on harassment, I get to have a ductogram tomorrow in the ongoing "I hope it's not cancer" saga. Sorry boob, I thought we were too young for this.

Edit: Sorry if this is a medical overshare? I don't really want to share with people IRL but I'm drunk enough to want to vent. So welcome to my gross world.

13. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I think I finally found a nursing job I can be satisfied with. It's a moderate to fast steady pace with a couple of decent breaks so I don't go home exhausted, it's 10 minutes from home, the shift is perfect, my co-workers (for the most part) are helpful, friendly, decent people who don't mind pitching in, and the money is almost at the top of my salary range. I only have 17 years until retirement and I really hope this is the place I can settle in so I can provide for my family and concentrate on writing.

RANT: It's in a nursing home, and as much as I enjoy helping the elderly, I don't really like being a nurse. I'd rather be home writing, working on my house, and spending more time with my family.

14. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: I survived January. I wasn't sure that was going to happen there for a while. What a long god damned month.

Rave: More importantly I've made it to moving weekend. The plan is to get everything moved to the new house tomorrow, then for me to stay there this weekend while my husband has the kids until Wednesday. So we'll jump right into what we plan our custody agreement to be.

Rant: The furnace isn't working right at the new place and there's a water leak. Sooooo it doesn't get much warmer than 50 degrees in there and the part won't be here for the HVAC guy to fix it until Monday at the earliest. He's also the plumber and hasn't had a chance to fix the water leak because he's been messing with the furnace.

Rave: I'm going ahead with the move tomorrow. I have people ready to help me move the big stuff and I don't know when they'd be available if I waved them off.

Rant: The water is off at the meter so even if I get a space heater for my bedroom I don't know that I want to stay there this weekend. I do not want to stay here though, so I may do some couch hopping this weekend.

Rave: I was waiting for something to go wrong since everything with the house fell into place pretty easily. As long as everything is good to go by Wednesday when I have the kids, I'm not going to complain. (If it's not fixed by then, I'll allow myself to panic.)

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: First full month under my belt for the new business and it was profitable. I actually enjoy going to work now. Even doing menial tasks like cleaning the bathroom put me in a good mood. Knowing all the hard work I'm doing is going into my pocket and not someone elses gives me deep satisfaction.

16. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The procedure didn’t work. So no answers. And all that needle stabbing for naught.

Rave? It’s not really acting like you would expect cancer to. It’s just not really acting like anything else specific either.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: Bought our first SUV today and got a good deal to boot.

18. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Buying a house in the DC metro area sucks

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    My wife has agreed to think about cruising again now that our kid is a little older and will actually follow directions. That is a damn good deal on what appears to be a well maintained, older trawler.

Rant: My wife thinks that our son will immediately fall overboard and drown if we're on anything other than a >$200,000 sailing catamaran. We ain't got that kinda dough.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: buying the snowblower off the previous homeowner was the best on-the-spot decision I've made in a while.

Double Rave: Mass Save spent the entire day yesterday completely re-insulating my attic, weather sealing my doors and windows, and refitting all of my central AC ducts. Cost me $250.