Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I closed on my townhouse in Sandy Springs on Tuesday, so I am now officially a homeowner!

Rant: I probably won't be able to move in until the 21st. I still have to have it painted and cleaned, and I also have to wait for my new bed to be delivered. I was also told that the sofa and loveseat that I wanted won't be available until mid-March (though I was told that it is a good possibility that I can get them sooner, like maybe within 4 weeks), though I can do without those for the time being.

Rave: I was at Target yesterday and they had the SNES classic in stock, so I bought one and have been playing it. It is really a lot of fun and brings back good memories!

2. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: Shit officially hit the fan at my house when I got home on New Years Day morning when I got home. (I'm aware how much of a child I was by just not going home. I still don't regret it.)

Rant: The last week has just been miserable conversation after miserable conversation of me being ready to leave and him begging me to stay.

Rant: I've been avoiding my parents because they know more than I'd like about this situation. I hate that. It makes me feel like a jerk because I know that they just want what's best for me and to help me. It just so happens that what they think is best for me isn't what I need right now.

Rave: I escaped for the day on Saturday and hung out with a friend. Sushi for lunch, bra fitting because I've lost weight and my boobs (sorry Rush), and then we explored the Wonders of Wildlife museum and went to Bass Pro. I needed a reprieve and I greatly appreciated the time away.

I Don't Even Fucking Know: Everything kind of sucks right now but I feel like I'm starting to gain momentum on where I need to be and what I want out of my life. This shit is hard. I know what I want and if it weren't for the kids I'd already be gone. I do care about my husband and I don't want to hurt him but I think the damage is done there. This is even less than the cliff notes version would be, I'm the bad guy here--I assure you. I just feel like I'm stuck in limbo right now.

3. Psk

Psk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: After what, six years (?), I rediscover this message board.

Rant: I only do so because I killed my laptop and had to reboot an old one in order to get work done. Internet history is tricky. Don't ask what other websites came up.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My kid is driving me insane. He hasn't been to school since December 14, 2017. He was supposed to go back nearly a week ago, but it snowed 1/2 an inch the night before. School has been closed ever since. Now, I haven't driven EVERY road in the county, but the roads I have driven on have been perfectly clear. They sent out an email last night, school was going to open today one hour later. Then I got an email this morning, it was changed to two hours later. Then I just got an email saying school was closed again. I'm going to grab a shovel, find that patch of ice and shovel it out of the road myself!! FUCK!

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Sewer/ septic company couldn't fix what I thought was an overfull drywall causing graywater to flow directly out the overflow along our road because there is no fucking dry well !!

Unbeknownst to me and apparently not noticed by home inspectors almost 20 years ago, the water has been going out the footer drain in our basement. So now we have to either re-plumb and/or move the washer so we can route the water to the septic tank OR spend the 3-5 grand it could cost to have a dry well put in.

It was suggested I could just ignore the situation since no one has noticed or said anything all these years. But a large part of me can't knowingly continue to do so.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Just heard what sounded like a series of dull "thuds" coming from a downstairs room. It's the room with the beer fridge in it. Opened it up, and fucking hell, an entire case of Diet Pepsi just blew up from freezing. Sticky, slushy goo everywhere. It's going to be a bitch to clean.

Lesson learned? Don't put non-beer in the beer fridge.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: show up for your fucking hair appointments people.
    Rave: I’m sitting on my porch listening to the rain and enjoying what Washington has to offer.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: Ruca starts puppy daycare/school tomorrow. I'm happy and a little sad about that. She's 6 months old as of yesterday.

#21168 shegirl, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    I live in the PNW and I didn’t wear a raincoat out today. I’m still a fucking newb.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: A 23 year old developer of mine just got shingles. How the hell does that happen?!?

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: Fuck this day. First thing this morning I get the news that a friend died. A friend of 25+ years...and she was only 58.

While I'm trying to process this information, a friend at work is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm not using hyperbole, she's on the edge of a complete mental health meltdown. I had to spend a great deal of the day talking her down from the ledge. Having all those bat shit crazy exes finally came in handy for once.

Rave? I was off on Monday because I was sick. I'm still sick, just not as sick. Missing Monday put me in a huge hole during one of our busiest times of year. Somehow, even with all of today's distractions, I managed to not only make up all the shit I didn't accomplish on Monday, but actually put myself a little bit ahead of schedule for the week, so hopefully the rest of the week will be a little less hectic.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: Her first full day. She is playing with BACON FLAVORED BUBBLES! Seriously. She's not going to want to leave.
    RUCA BUBBLES.jpg

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant/rave: shoulder surgery is scheduled. Here we go.

15. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I was out of town this week working a show and my mother, who was diagnosed with early onset dementia a year or two ago, got really depressed and started talking about looking for assisted living facilities where she would have more interaction with people. She's been slipping recently with her memory and seasonal depression, plus a couple of the outdoor cats she feeds have died. To be fair, as we've seen her slipping we have talked to her about maybe looking into some facilities before we need to get serious about it. Thus begins the long road to watching her loose who she is and check out. I don't like the idea that I'll see her less, she lives right by my office and stops in a lot and spends time with everyone but I ultimately whatever is best for her is the right solution.

If there is a silver lining at least she's not vehemently opposed to getting help when she needs it. We've been bringing in caregivers on an increasing schedule so that she will have people around to help monitor her meds (luckily only a few at the moment) and hopefully that will prolong her stay at home. I just can't imagine losing my last parent. I know my siblings are stressed about it too but at least we are unified in making sure she gets the care she needs.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant - exH2 is trying to obtain firearms and I don’t know if that’s legal but it’s certainly a bad idea.
    Bigger rant - mom’s cancer is spreading.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Got a new phone and now I have to log into all my apps again. All the passwords I’ve forgot are tied to a email account I can’t remember my password for. I do have that password saved on my computer but my start up disk ran out of space and it won’t boot up......Doh!

18. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Eagles baby!!! Back to the Super Bowl!!! People acting like Nick Foles is some throw away QB but you know he just holds the record (shared) for touchdowns in a game. Huge season for the birds I’m so pumped right now!

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RANT: The flu. It's just a bad deal. I spent most of the weekend sick. I was out sick yesterday. And, thanks to it lets just say that my hour long commute this AM was um....sketchy. I opted to speed my way to the office. Fun times!
    RAVE: I made it to the office.
    RANT: Football. Christ how many times do we have to see it? HOW MANY!

20. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: My parents. Apparently I've made decisions they agree with for most of my adult life, because now that I'm making one they disapprove of they've gone insane. As in my dad scared me enough I threatened to call the police on him, which is always fun, and my mother sent me some lovely text messages after I ignored 23--twenty-fucking-three--calls in a 15 minute span after I'd already explained to them both that I wasn't going to talk to them about something that has nothing to do with them.

Rant: Pretty much everything sucks right now.

Rave: I have some great friends who are helping me through this and I know that at some point it's going to get better. I'm making steps to speed that along as much as I can. This shit is hard though.