Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:

Settled in our new house. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Woken up by sudden, massive diarrhea.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: What is it with bitchy old women who work at the Service Ontario office (think DMV and more)? I'm in the process of registering my big trailer from out of province and it's like I was doing something wrong. If it's your fucking job to handle things like this, don't get all pissy at ME if it's a little out of the normal and YOU don't know the procedure. It's like I was intentionally making her job hell on a Friday afternoon. WTF?

RAVE: The NICE Service Ontario lady who came in and took over and was polite, professional, and actually civil.

RANT: The BC registration I have doesn't have a weight for the trailer, so now I have to go tow the thing to a weigh station and get a weight slip for it. It's not really that big of a deal, but towing a 30' trailer around my cul-de-sac is a bit of a bitch the way people park on the road around here... backing it into the driveway is a bit... challenging... sometimes. Fun times.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: It's my Bosses 50th anniversary with the company. He's got the longest tenure in our territory. We took him to his favorite lunch spot. This was my desert and a corner of his:
    DESERT.jpg

Mine was this:
    Raspberry Gâteau
    Fallen chocolate soufflé baked with Triple-Sec and Brandy, enrobed in dark chocolate ganache and topped with fresh raspberries

His was this:
    Boccone Dolce
    French meringues drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate, with whipped cream and fresh seasonal fruit

I didn't even eat 1/3 of it and I still need a nap.

5. drunkfish

drunkfish
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: On my way to the coast my truck's AC decides to shit the bed. I just replaced the condenser last summer.

Rave: First night on vacation I hit a royal flush on 21 + 3 with a top 3 bet at the Hard Rock to win $910 on a $20 total bet.

Rant: Upon arriving home I find out that my compressor has shit the bed and most if not all of my winnings will be going to replace it. I would just say fuck it but the Mississippi Delta in July requires either Air Conditioning or numerous changes of clothes in the truck.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- Two for two in getting big ticket items working that my jobs were just going to toss out. I got a jammed premium scanner/printer a few years back that just had a standard paper jam, the company's owners had already bought a new one and were just tossing out the old one. The other week the gym I work at was going to throw out this industrial backpack vacuum that retails for 450$. It wouldn't turn on. Turns out a single wire had come unconnected in the on/off switch assembly.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant/Rave: Yesterday morning on my way out the door headed to work I was greeted by Crazy. "We need to talk. You ruined my bed." Barely awake, I was like "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You pissed the bed."

Uh, no, I did not.

"There's two stains on it"

I have no idea how they got there, but I most definitely did not piss the bed. Or spill anything.

Finally this morning he storms up to my room to show me how I ruined the bed. He pulls back the quilt and shows me the "Stains" on the sheet, then the one on the sheet below it, then on the mattress cover, and finally on the mattress itself.

I looked at him....Why is the stain moving back and forth? "I don't know , but you can see you ruined my bed."

I look up at the ceiling fan/light and bump the knob on the pull chain, the stains moves even more. "Dude, those are shadows."

"Then why are they in the same place on all the sheets?" Uh....because they're shadows? I finally grab a flash light and show him the "Stains" magically disappear.

And this guy is a lawyer. Wow.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: She is here. Born last night, weighing in at 1lb 1.8oz she was one of the biggest puppies of the litter. Happy Birthday Ruca.
    NEW BORN RUCA.jpeg
    Please note the green ribbon the breeder put on her. That was prior to us picking her. It sealed the deal. She was already a Packer fan.

#21148 shegirl, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  9. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Wtf is it with people yapping on their phones in waiting areas? There's always at least one girl who fills the time by chatting loudly on the phone about the most obnoxious shit. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Nobody wants to listen to 1/2 of the dumbest conversations ever in a public area.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:

I don't post often here, but I've had a good month. Just after graduating I got the career I wanted. The one that took seven years of ass-busting to get to. I wasn't exactly still in my prime youth for this but I just wanted to collapse and slide down the wall like an angsty hoodie-clad high school teen now that the impatience and anxiety is finally subsiding. I had pushed all my chips forward on this and had to compete against a LOT of people. To say I am happy is an understatement.

There's nothing more frustrating ---actually, rage-inducing--- than getting pushed aside for things like nepotism while you watch hacks take what are basically paid vacations to stand around and blame acts of god on their oblivious fuck-ups and half-assed work. That shit is over. Thank Christ. Because I'm soon going to start becoming somewhat of an old fuck. At least then I won't get arrested for public nudity or hate crimes, even though I'm just saying what everyone here is thinking.

And I have next week off for vacation. Doublemint pleasure.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I accidentally informed one of my claimants that he has/is borderline intellectual functioning.

Backtrack, backtrack, backtrack. I felt like a piece of shit.

12. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:. Abneretta.

13. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just over a month until the girl I'm in love with is visiting from Denmark for a month.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Extraordinaire

Rant: Buying a house sucks. We saw a great place with our realtor yesterday and we were about ready to jump on it. Good thing I walked back through the lot about 100 yards into the woods. What did I find? Fucking commuter rail train tracks. Not only that, the back half of the property has a tendency to flood via the nearby reservoir. Good fucking times. glad everyone was up front about that shit.

15. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: You think buying a house in the US is bad, try it in the fucking UK. I've been trying to buy a place now for 4 months yet none of the enquiries have been answered and no date for exchange has been given.

Today I find out that because they are divorcing their lawyers have told them not to exchange until they agree how the money gets split so fuck knows how long that will be.

I've therefore threatened to pull my offer if not done by next week and then they can have no money. I fucking sick of this shit.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave? The only thing I carry in my right front pocket is a small key ring and a challenge coin. I reached in my pocket for my truck keys as I approached it, and there was a rubber band in my pocket. I have no idea where it came from and don't remember picking one up. I hung it on the gear shift knob in my truck, and drove back to my office about an hour ago. I just refilled my coffee cup while I was on a phone call. I hung up the phone and idly reached in my pocket as I walked back to my desk. There's another rubber band in there. WHO IS PUTTING RUBBER BANDS IN MY POCKET?!

Not sure if rant, because I'm losing my mind; or rave, because, hey, free rubber bands.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: We have basically double the amount of equipment, and double mechanics. Which means double the through put of parts, which means double or more my work load. And they aren't going to hire anyone else. If my wife didn't work shift work, i would resign my post and go work in the yard(labourer and make more money). I work 8-4:30, mon-fri with two kids we can't have two people working shift work. Fuck this job, but it pays to well.

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rant: It's 4:30 am and I've been up since 2:45 because Rosie peed on my bed about 12 inches from my head. So my sheets, blanket, and comforter are now being washed. Unfortunately a little soaked through to the mattress so I'm probably going to have to replace it. Dammit.

The reason I haven't gone to sleep downstairs in the guest room is because I don't know what to do about Rosie. She's really been going downhill for the past few months; in addition to being extremely underweight she's now stopped cleaning herself at all and is starting to have balance issues. I've never actually had to make the conscious decision to put a pet to sleep so I don't know when it's the right time. She doesn't seem like she's in any pain or discomfort but she weighs so little and I don't want her to suffer needlessly. This sucks.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Making the hard decision to have a beloved pet put down sucks. There is no way around that but, in the end we must do what's right for the sake of the pet not ourselves. That's why it's so hard. I feel for you Trakiel.

On a lighter note:

RAVE: This morning on my drive to work I saw a guy walking down the sidewalk with his pet.....sheep. And they both had dreads. This is not a joke. You cannot make this shit up.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: totally forgot about my Brazilian wax appointment today and had chili for lunch. Please Baby Jesus don't let me fart on this aesthetician.