Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got married Saturday

Not a Rant or a Rave: Mom's passing hit me more this past weekend than I could have ever imagined

Double Rave: Wedding was a success; everyone had a good if not great time

Triple Rave: The new Mrs. AFHokie and I managed to survive the planning with our sanity intact

2. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got accepted for the place I was chasing and I move in a few weeks. Springwood at the bottom of the Blue Mountains if anyone is curious. I have a massive national park for my backyard.

Rant: Back fucked out on me again, was just sitting there talking to someone and could feel the pressure suddenly build up and whack, I'm useless for the next few days.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: My ass hurts. No, not in the way you sick fucks think... it's because my super-cushy chair that I bought for $1.5k about 23 years ago finally gave up the ghost, and now my soft ass has been suffering on a "padded" kitchen chair while I wait for my new chair.

It's simple... I make my living sitting on my ass and driving a keyboard, so years ago I made the promise to myself that I would never skimp out on those things that provided the seat for my ass or the driving of they keyboard. (I always opt for super high-end monitors, keyboards, chairs, and perfect ergonomics for my work).

I had become so used to my setup that I had taken it for granted, and I promise I will never do that again.

I have to get up and walk around every 20 minutes to relieve the pain.

RAVE:. New chair arrives in the AM. I cannot fucking wait.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Listened to my friend tell me about the newest in long running relationship issues including things he's never told me about before. I tried to sit and listen, keep my mouth shut. But I couldnt. Pointed out to him that it is now a fully blown abusive relationship in all ways but physical and he is a shell if the man I know.

Rave: None yet, but staying vigilant for that "can you help me move" phone call.

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rant: More and more of the sites I like to go to at work are being blocked.

6. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I moved from Indiana to Georgia 25 years ago and have never gotten pulled over driving back and forth until today, and it happened twice.

RANT: The first was for 72 in a 55 a mile from my apartment.

HUGE RANT: The second was in Kentucky for 107 in a 70. Not kidding at all.

RAVE: The first officer told me he didn’t want to ruin my holiday and to slow down and have a nice day.

MEGA RAVE: The officer in Kentucky wrote me a ticket for 80 in a 70. Seriously, he knocked off 27 mph. I feel like I won the fuckin’ lottery. He told me to slow down because in KY you can lose your license for that speed.

MORE RAVE: The fine is $163 - for being clocked at 107 in a 70.

#21126 zzr, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. theodore-manswell

theodore-manswell
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant: Logged in under my username I chose on here and saw I did a lot of whining under something resembling my real name.

Rave: Thank God for a delete button. 22-year-old me had no clue 30-year-old me might give a shit.

8. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: When your doctor tells you that you need a mammogram and an ultrasound.

Bigger rant: When you then have to wait a month to get it done. Nothing like pain and anxiety to make the holidays more fun!

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: relapse is a real bitch and a half.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: Finally told our families about this kid. We find out the gender in 3 weeks, I am pumped.

Rant: My poor wife. Sick every single day.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: This ^. I fell back into some illegal, addictive substances for a little while. Probably out of boredom rather than anything else. Going through withdrawal now.

Rant: I pretty much gave my brother in-law my old truck. I told him he could use it as long as he needed but I wanted it back when he got something else. His wife started it up this morning to defrost the windshield and didn't set the parking brake. I'll now attach a photo of my poor truck.

Rant: I still don't know how to attach a photo

12. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

To clarify, not my relapse.

Rant: the likely reality of being the single parent of a special needs child.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My mom called me three times in 10 minutes while I was in a meeting with a client and State officials. I called her back 15 minutes later, but her line was busy because she was on the phone. She had some kind of "Warning" flashing on the screen and making noise, and since she couldn't reach me, she called the number on the screen. When I reached her on her cell phone, she had just talked to the guy about her bank account. I don't even.

ETA Double Rant Follow-up: After getting her to tell me more about what she told the guy, I figured out she went through the steps to give him remote access to her computer. So, whenever you hear about those stupid pop-up scams and you wonder "who would fall for that?" well, that's my mom.

Bonus Rant: I would like to stab those motherfucking criminals in the eyeball with a rusty harpoon.

#21133 Rush-O-Matic, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: You can send a fax from your computer. It's after hours but my shit will say 11/30/17!

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RANT: So ya know how the news always warns this time of the year due to people suffering falling injuries? Like from slipping on ice, snow or off the ladder while hanging Christmas lights? Well guess what? Turns out they are right in trying to put the word out. The SO slipped off of the ladder Sunday while hanging lights on the house. An ER trip later he's got two broken ribs and a bruised lung. He cannot even move. If he sneezed right now I think he'd pass out from the pain. I feel so bad for him but there is nothing that can be done to ease the pain. The Percs barely even touch it. They don't wrap them up anymore. He's just got to sit and wait. I don't even....

RAVE: Having friends that are real fucking friends. Since I had the dog, said friend helped deal with her and the ER trip in general. He then came back, finished hanging the lights, disconnected the outside hoses, put them away and put the thingiemajig on the faucets. Then he and his wife came back by later and dropped off a pizza for us to have for dinner. Talk about doing you a solid when you need it and being a good friend. Truly feeling so lucky and grateful.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll add to the string of RANTS: Pulled the trigger on buying my own shop, got everything rolling to line up with putting my notice in and now stuck in the quagmire of California red tape. So now I have no income coming in until I can open the business in *hopefully* 2 more weeks. The Wife is super happy.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: el hubs finished his last college course and is a college grad now! He also nailed his senior project presentation. I think his raspberry pi project was way more complicated and in depth than the other projects there. He was losing sleep over that one. DONE. Yeah!

18. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- My supervisor put me in for a new full time gig at my work saying I'm a good fit for the company. The marketing department head I'd work for was on vacation the past few weeks since I heard of the position. He's back today and I managed to spill bacon grease all over my pants walking out the door. I look like trash.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: almost 2 years to the day from surgery, kiddo got a clean EEG and can be taken off her anti-seizure meds. Finally some fucking good news.