Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MEGA RANT: I needed drainage work done on my house, I had a little bit of water coming into the basement when it rained hard. Got a quote I told him I couldn't afford more then 20k, he said no problem should be between 12-17. Just got the bill today... 30.5K.

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: apparently my cleaning lady tried to flush a bunch of paper towels down the toilet today and subsequently overflowed the damn thing, causing a leak into our hallway and down into the garage. And tried to blame it on the contractors who are at our house installing the new deck.

Polling the audience, would you fire her outright or call this a first strike? The leak wasn't awful but lying and blaming it on someone else is fucking irritating.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: That feeling in my stomach when someone calls to check on the status of their claim (which was denied) and they thank you for being so kind and talking to them "like they are a person," and then not having the balls to tell them it was denied and instead referring them to the office (which we are supposed to do since shit can happen to a claim after it leaves am examiner's possession) that prints out the denial notices.

This has happened many times but it makes me feel like shit every single time.

4. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Saw The Eagles in Atlanta tonight. I decided spur-of-the-moment to go by myself and bought my ticket at 6:00 for an 8:00 show. It was awesome. So glad I got to see them before they’re all using walkers.

RAVE: Joe Walsh was definitely the highlight of the show. The dude can barely speak anymore, but he plays guitar like he did 40 years ago.

RAVE: Paid $85 for a $229 face value ticket on Vivid Seats because it was last minute. Front row of the lower section on the side. Great seat.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE:

*tissue alert*

I don't know which this is but it gives me some hope that people don't suck.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Ravt: I'm listening to Tom DeLonge on Joe Rogan. Schizophrenia is one hell of an illness.

Watching Rogan try to pretend that this dude isn't crazy is a master class in active listening.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: A good friend's brother committed suicide by putting a gun to his head. The dude was a successful doctor. My buddy just called me wanting to talk about it. I'm honored that he trusts me to talk to about it and I feel a great deal of sorrow for his family's loss, but man....I'm tired of dealing with death.

#21107 toytoy88, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Just spent about 12 hours in the emergency room with my mom... turns out she was experiencing an incredibly severe reaction to some meds she was just prescribed. Like a 1 in 100k kind of reaction. You know it's not good when the chief attending of a world renowned hospital comes in and says, "wow, I've only ready about this, never actually seen it in person...", that it's not a good thing. Basically every major muscle was inflamed and very painful... at rest, or in motion.

RAVE: Luckily after a few blood tests it turned out it was nothing damaging, and after some good pain killers, it seems like the drug will dissipate over the next couple of days and everything should be back to normal.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: After months of searching, we found a house and our offer was accepted. Fingers crossed the inspection turns up clear.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

RANT: Meeting with HR today. It seems that when we had some psycho-babble, touchy-feely "Team Building" bullshit, I wasn't "Engaged."

RAVE: I wasn't engaged at the team building. I just sat there and refused to acknowledge anything. If I'd "Engaged" it would've been a much, much worse meeting with HR. I don't suffer stupid pseudo science bullshit very well.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: The owner of this house Im trying to buy is a dick head. I ask for 20K off the price or 10K and the rest toward closing costs due to the amount of work it needs that turned up in the inspection yesterday. It needs a new furnace immediately, soffit vents installed in the attic, and new trim siding on the outside due to some rot. Plus, a bunch of other projects I'll either need to do myself or get a general contractor for in the next 2-3 years. I am giving him a deal and the house has been on the market for 80 days. Calls himself a "motivated seller" but is insulted that I demand that he meet us half way when the costs easily approach 50k altogether and now hes stalling the process. Fucking dickhead.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Been having a lot of pain in my upper body lately, especially my back. I've been dealing with that for 25 years, still fucking annoying.

Rave: A couple pints from my favorite local microbrewery take the edge off and give me a break from chugging Motrin and/or Norco.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: 30 minutes ago a 13 year girl was assaulted by 4 males right outside my house. And i didn' hear a thing. The rcmp just knocked on my door asking if we heard anything.

15. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I've got the posting I want and next year I'll spend a great deal of the year doing courses on the way to becoming an EOD Tech.

Rant: Moving house sucks and I like where I live now, I have to move a few hours down the road to Western Sydney(Penrith) and I'm not a huge fan of bigger cities.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I am a sweaty, sweaty bitch. I had a last minute visit from a friend I haven't seen in at least a year, maybe more like 2, so of course cue frantic cleaning of random power tools and shit. I love having sweaty pits when seeing an old friend. Like don't raise your arms over your head because everyone will see. I just get nervous and then it's done.

17. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I told myself that, unless I was unemployed, I was never again going to waste my time pursuing any job that required meeting the recruiter in person before the actual interview. But since this one sounded like a good opportunity, the recruiter was willing to meet with me later in the afternoon after I was done with my day job, and I had the night off from my night job, I decided to fight Atlanta rush hour traffic and make the hour long drive to meet with the recruiter. Two days later I went to the real interview...and of course didn't get the job. And the idiot, asshole recruiter didn't even notify me that they turned me down after he said that I would hear a definitive yes or no, even after I sent him a follow up email two days later, when he said that I would hear a decision by. That makes me 0/5 on job offers after interviews for this year.

Rave: My friend's wedding on Jekyll Island a few weeks ago was the most fun that I've had in quite a long time. It was nice to have a weekend where we can all just have fun and I could forget about how sad my life is.

Rave: I'm seeing Eleanor Friedberger open for Luna next weekend! I've been excited for it for months.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

RAVE: I was sitting at my desk today and the phone rang. I picked it up and on the other end I hear "Uncle (toytoy)? It's me." And then she started crying.

It was my niece that came out to visit me in Mississippi years ago. After my aunt died I had washed my hands of my family and thought I was pretty well hidden. Not well enough for my niece (Although she's not actual blood family, she's the daughter of some friends but I've always been Uncle (toytoy) to her. ) It took her almost three years, but she tracked me down like a little persistent Blood Hound.

It was awesome to hear from her.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The wife was "randomly" selected at the airport screening. Yes she is brown(Indian dot) but not the ones you are after. Way to start our holiday.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: I just heard back for a seasonal customer service job at a company I'd really like to get into. I just have to pass a background check and drug test. I just fucking smoked for the first time literally 7 years the other night at the Primus concert. DOH!

So, are there any legit ways to flush my system?