Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Heading to Montreal next week for a few days for work... should be fun. It's been a few years since I've been there, but it's always a pretty good time.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Having a hard time with something that happened six months ago.

And naturally I handled this with class and dropped a stink bomb in the elevator, whoops, dam thing just slipped and I happened to step on it

#21062 toddamus, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: I have a bug zapper in my office now.... and it's way too entertaining. I usually leave my office window open so the cat can come and go as he pleases, which requires no screen, so some bugs come in. Got rid of the ugly fly tape hanging from the ceiling, and am now zapping them motherfuckers so hard they are exploding. Gotta love Amazon clearance sales.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Maybe found a witness to FILs helicopter crash at Crater Lake who was photographing a sunrise when the event happened.

If the FAA has those photos my husband would dearly love to see them.

5. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I've been fighting iron deficiency anemia for the past two years. Last time I checked, my hemoglobin was at 8.7 (should be in the 15 to 17 range) and my iron was 17 (should be 190 to 240). Tomorrow I get an iron infusion, which should help my body stop fucking around and make some blood. Can't wait to go up the stairs or bang the wife without gasping for air.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I know its a source of pride for the state, but seriously, fuck the minnesota state fair. Finding a lyft back literally reminded me of navigating through Amerstdam without gps. Fuck all that.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Why the fuck can't women remember to take their birth control pills? Seriously, every woman I've ever been involved with who was on the pill was constantly forgetting.
    When I was with my ex-wife, it got to the point where I'd have to stop the action before we had sex to check her pill pack and make sure that she wasn't behind.

Anyway, Jungle Julia forgot her pills for four days in a row, and guess what happened? Her period came EARLY. Unfortunately, this was about a week before her regularly scheduled period was due, so she's been bleeding/ spotting for almost two weeks straight.

This has put a serious damper on my pussy-eating schedule.

RAVE: At least she's not pregnant.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Still in the job hunting slump going on a fucking year here in a few weeks. This is the life you've created for yourself. Fantastic.

Rant: My brother's bid'ness partner pulled out of their deal (no this has nothing to do with the advice board you heathens). My older brother can transition back into a lucrative construction development career. My little brother who was originally sold on this grand pipe dream is left adrift with no real prospects post college. He's the one Ive been worried about as he's worse off than I am as far as direction in life and emotional wherewithal.

Rant/Rave: After months of procrastination I got back into checking my form in the gym against the advice of legend Mark Rippetoe. Starting back at basic deadlift set up yesterday I fucking murdered my work out. Best work out Ive had in years. Did 40 reps, over a period of 40 minutes or so, of 235. A blister formed and ripped a callus off.

9. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RAVE: Tried some forex trades to make a little money as I have so little to start with.
    RANT: 4 losses in a row after receiving "signals" from a trader cost me about 1/3 of what I started with in forex.
    RAVE: I'm still sure Forex can make other people money...
    RANT: ...just not me. Tried, failed, moving on as I don't have any more money to spare on this.

This isn't a pity party. I went into this feeling really positive, but life as always kicked me firmly in the teeth. I always try to expect different but it's always the same result. Every time I try to better my situation, it comes to nothing. I'm accepting when I get overseas that I will likely be a floor sweeper/shelf-stacker despite having a degree. Yay. Fuck life. It is all shit. At least, unlike other folks who always try to better themselves, I have simply accepted that I am shit and likely replaceable at anything and everything. "Would you like fries with that?" Just a bit of realism in there.

Life holds zero joy for me and I am just in limbo awaiting death.

EDIT: I am also too much of a pussy to off myself. Not sure my mom would be able to get over it if I did.

#21069 Durbanite, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  10. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My friend's kid works for me a few hours a week. I've had to reprimand him several times verbally and this has escalated to now a written warning for undone tasks.
    Rave: Yesterday he seemed in better spirits and actually accomplished a few of his assignments
    Rant: He is accustomed to being praised for mediocrity. Most responses are two or three words that usually include 'Meh'
    Rave: I think I figured out that what would help him would be some physical activity. I'm going to make it a requirement of work that he walk at least half an hour a day and show me on a fitness calculator
    Rant: I don't know if I'll reach him but I'm going to try. Many people mentored me and gave me direction, including some people on this board. I have it backwards in that I have pursued him because I see a need but I'm going to do my best for him. I think he has potential

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: Daughters first day of preschool today, they grow up so quick. She didn't want me to come and barely wanted my wife.

Rant: When they got to preschool they had to put name tags on. My daughter "I don't want to put that on, it doesn't go with my outfit" yea we are going to have fun late on.

Rave:
    After a few minutes of getting settled my daughter goes to my wife "what are you still doing here mommy?" She is so independent I love it.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant/Rave: sick of dealing with low blood sugar. Bought a test kit. Very informative but holy hell are test strips expensive.

13. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: No fatalities here due to Irma, but there may be one murder. I am going to kill my mother if she calls me one more time about her generator. NO THIS IS A TERRIBLE TIME TO GO OUT AND REPLACE THE ONE YOU HAVE. My hands still smell like gasoline / turpentine from cleaning her carburetor at lunch time today. God dammit.

15. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: If, when your pregnant wife calls you in hysterics telling you that she just got robbed in a parking lot, the first thing you do is get mad at her then please: Go into your garage, start your engine with the garage closed, and let it hum you to sleep. Jesus fucking Christ...

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Yay. Power back on at my house!
    Rant: Still don't have phone / internet at the office.

17. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Company gyped me out of my holiday pay. We have this policy where to get holiday pay you have to work the full day plus the day before and after the holiday as scheduled. Which is fine, except they said I was late on the holiday. Which I was - because on my normal route into work a coal hopper train had parked across the road. So I called in, let them know, and sat there for 15 minutes until the damn thing moved (good thing I'd left early!) It was a one-way with nowhere to turn around, so to get to work on time I'd have had to break the law. So for being 9 minutes late under circumstances beyond my control they said I don't get the holiday double-time. On Labor Day! Sons of bitches!

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Just scored 2 tickets to Adam Savage's Brain Candy tour in November. They are VIP tickets that include a meet-and-greet after the show with Savage. Looking forward to it!

19. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: I'm at a boring conference. In a room full of people, I get the one bitch sitting next to me who spent all morning talking about how sick she is and how awful she feels. She keeps humming. And clearing her throat. And talking about her 8 year old competitive dancer daughter "who could totally be on So You Think You Can Dance".

I hate her.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: it was a matter of time but the first. One of my claimants died due to her health problems. It is a very strange feeling. May she rest in peace, free from pain anymore.