Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant:

So, Red Bull and/or the stores that carry you... I know you're trying new things with these new flavors, seeking out new customers, and I know there's limited space inside the coolers for them. I know you sometimes have to remove another flavor to make room for the new one. I get it. But does the one you remove always have to be cranberry?!

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Poor doggie has some bad hip issues and couldn't lift herself this morning at all. Heart wrenching thinking about her age. I had to pick her up and take her outside to go potty. Took her to the vet and he thinks it's just average osteoarthritis and we are starting a anti inflammatory regime now.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rave: 9 straight days down and 2 to go of 13 hour days.

Rant: During these 11 days I move from marketing to putting out fires. Trust me, when you get thousands of self entitled twats together, everything is a mother fucking fire. I'm exhausted.

5. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:

New Wife and I booked our honeymoon. Key West. We've never gone to the beach together so we're excited.
    Also, if any TiBers wanna PM me some good places to go in Key West, it would help. We're staying at a beach resort hotel, but we wanna try and do some of non-resort local restaurants (if there is such a thing there). Also, we're driving down from Miami so we have the whole coastal highway to check out on the way down and back.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: This week. I made a couple stupid foot in mouth comments to a coworker. I knew even as the words were coming that this was a huge mistake. Then it was too late. I apologized later. On the plus side that coworker will probably not be hanging out in my office for excessive amounts of time anymore. I have shit to do, yo.
    Rant: I also did not sleep last night, and went to bed early. I feel like a bag of ass this morning.
    Rave: It is Wednesday. We are half way there. Please, oh weekend gods, let the end come swiftly and painlessly.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: After 25 years, the crown on one of my front teeth finally broke. I noticed something was wrong when I felt what seemed like a popcorn kernel lodged behind my tooth. I had to spend roughly $100 to get the broken piece of crown removed. The anesthetic is making my other teeth feel like they're asleep, which is just fucking dandy.

The good news is that the tooth is still there, so I don't have to look like a hockey goon until Tuesday, which is the earliest I can get it replaced. The bad news is that I'm going to have to spend close to $600 to replace it. That's with dental insurance.

Rant: I have shitty dental insurance.

Rant: If I eat anything harder than cotton candy, my tooth is liable to shatter.

Rave: Seahawks training camp tomorrow!

8. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave

Spending our first family vacation with the little one on Cape Cod. Rented a little cottage walking distance to a private beach, weather looks great this week, and I'm generally looking forward to unplugging a bit. Between work, moving, finding renters for my condo, and a baby that will. not. sleep... I'm thrilled to just have some time to pass out in the sand.

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: It's hard to focus on the sermon when the reading for the day is something I once masturbated to. Sigh.

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I made this.

20170808_225626.jpg

11. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Update Rant: Mom passed away Tuesday. It looks like she had another stroke over the weekend and deteriorated rapidly. Thankfully, dad was with her when she passed.

12. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I managed to smash another phone today, I can't have nice things.

Rave: The Danish girl arrives this time in one week. I can not fucking wait.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Why do people who "buy" shit online have to be so fucking flaky? I'm in the process of selling my big race trailer and someone was making a trip into town here to see it, and yet he's a no show 90 minutes after the scheduled meeting time. No call, no email, no nothing. Here's hoping it wasn't just a ploy to get my address to try and steal the thing... or that he's been in an accident or something similar. Sure, that'd be shitty for him, but at least then it would be understandable.

To me disrespecting someone's time is one of the worst things you can do to someone without crossing over into a criminal act.

Of course I have shit to do today as well...

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: And then you have really, really nice people to deal with that don't dick you around.

Got a call this afternoon, the guy drove 90 minutes here, looked it over for 20 minutes, handed me a wad of cash, we did paperwork, and he is now towing it home. He's going to be making it into a food trailer to sell his smoked ribs out of... and the side door that is meant to be used to climb in and out of a race car is perfect as a serving window.

Time for a beer and I'm now going to enjoy having my driveway back again!

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Student group has dissolved and I'm about the only person left.

Rave: I can finally get things more organized, more in line with our parent organizations structure, and pursue things we should have been pursuing before but weren't because of stupid bullshit.

Also have two women I've worked with before interested in leadership positions. Genuinely high class, smart, effective communicators. This is turning out to be a great opportunity to rebuild and get things moving in the right direction whereas last year,...just seems like a waste. The only thing substantial we did I had to push through and step on toes to get done and caught hell for it.

#21055 toddamus, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Husband rant ahead:

Goddammit.
    I say words and he responds to the words I say and then doesn't take action on them so I say the words again and he looks at me like I'm batshit insane, and I'm just about to lose my goddamn mind.

He's my favorite adult on the planet. My favorite drinking partner. My favorite everything.

He hurt his back again - which isn't surprising given the nature of his injury. I'm not even remotely angry about that.

HOWEVER -
    He went to the clinic, and the old broad who saw him was sassy as fuck and rude...she didn't want to address the reality of a re injury and instead gave him Gabapentin (sp?) and methocarbamol and Tylenol. Told him he has a muscle strain (um. No he fucking doesn't, you old bitch. He's got nerve pain shooting down his leg and spasms/paralysis). He asked for a referral to Neuro and she told him that if she thought he needed one, he'd already have it, since he didn't, he doesn't.

HOLLLLYYY SHIT I was pissed about that.

So then I tell him to contact the assistant to the previous neurosurgeon (these are the words I spoke) to see if she can streamline this process because we don't want him to endure another 3-6 months of misdiagnosis and FURTHER damage that nerve. He's like "okay.......*shrug*.....I guess..."
    So I remind him "Hey, contact that lady" a day later and he asks why. I explain it again and he's like "........okayyyyy......."
    I remind him again. He says okay. Remind him yesterday. He says okay.

Y'all. This man can barely move because his nerve is so inflamed and pinched off.

I ask him today, "Did you reach out to that woman, or no?"

And this man says to me "I don't even know what I'm supposed to say?"

Wtaf you don't know what to say???

"Dear Mrs. Lady,
    I'm Servicemember Doesn'tListenToMyWife, a previous patient of Dr. Fixedmyback, he performed NRD on me in 14 and 16, and I've since PCSd to a new duty station AND the injury has flared again. Im being met with some resistance to seeing the Neuro clinic here, is there any way y'all can reach out from WRMC to the clinic here and expedite the process? If not, I totally understand, but if so, I would greatly appreciate it...
    Kindest regards,
    Mr. I'mLuckyMyWifeHasn'tKilledMe"

If she can't, that's fine, but IF SHE CAN then we can address this NOW rather than waiting on instructions to fucking drink water and chew Motrin.

But no. He wants to argue with me. And I may choke his ass out.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT:
    Daughter: grandma(mil) took grandpas(fil) bad juice(alcohol) away and hid it, dont tell anyone. she hid it so people dont know he is sick.

She has said stuff like this a few times, it breaks my heart. Kids shouldn't have to deal with this crap.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: I've started connecting more with my neighbors and it feels so good. My one neighbor is 88 and was showing me all his stuff --his assembly line style reloading room, the picture of his father who was born in something like 1875, the pictures of framed long range targets that had close grouping.

19. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I have strep throat. I HATE strep!

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: old squadmate of el hubs passed away due to suicide. It is unbelievably sad and hubs is taking it hard. It will be a long trip but he will be in north carolina on Tues.