Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Rant and Rave? My Mom bought our soon to be puppy a Green Bay shirt. Although it's cute and all, the SO would throw a fucking fit if I ever put clothes on the dog. I have to say I kind of agree with that. I've done it once and she looked so miserable and pissed off, never again, with any dog. Besides, it should have been a shirt for me, not the dog.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Incoming pics of shegirl wearing a dog's GB t-shit.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So, apparently, this is still going on. Not quite as bad over $1,000, like in the month of May, but June isn't over yet.

If you need me, I'll be the one over here googling divorce lawyers.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got through Philly and NJ on the way to the shore without crashing.

Rant: Got here then almost immediately got sick with a sore throat, stuffy.

Rant II: Have to make the drive through that bullshit again.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Got fired yesterday. That now makes it 5 of my last 6 jobs I've been asked to kindly fuck off and don't come back.... This therapy stuff really needs to start helping me at work because its almost seeming like I'm finding new ways to get fired at each position. My sister told me yesterday therapy takes about 7 years to rewire the brain, ok... at least she's being honest, and I'm in year 1.5 of it.

Anyway if anyone can beat that mark for most firings from recent positions I'd like to hear it.

I've also deleted all my social media apps, don't need that to look at when I'm not feeling great.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: We had a fence installed on Wednesday. My neighbor believes the front post to be a few inches onto his side of the property with the rest of the fence being ok. He wants the post moved.

I have a terrible feeling in my stomach. Based on the plat map, I'm pretty sure the fence is fine. Going to measure when I get home to be sure. This is going to lead to a fucking surveyor having to come out. And I'm sure I'll have to pay too fixing much. All over a couple of inches. I hate today.

7. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: 4 day weekend. Fuck Taco Tuesday, it's Taco Friday with a couple of bourbons.

Ravier: It's a 4 day weekend because I took off Monday to close on our house we're buying. We're moving out of the armpit of this state (seriously, it's either Denham Springs or Chalmette that's the butt of all jokes about Louisiana).

Rave: Making good progress on rebuilding the house that got flooded. We hired my buddy and his dad who we are very good friends with to do the work along with my stepson who has been an absolute BEAST as far as the work he is putting in. They check in with us before they do anything and are hyper-sensitive to making sure we are kept in the loop as far as what's going on with the rebuild, which is good because....

RANT: the fuck-tard contractor my mother hired to rebuild her house that flooded has basically flaked out and there is NO WAY he will finish all the work she's paid him for. She's recently widowed and her husband didn't have much to leave to her. So she's got to deal with going through his massive amount of mostly sentimental but not really valuable stuff, getting out of that house, and still fixing up the flooded house. She lives over an hour away so it's not like I can give her much help.

Rave: 'Merica, FUCK YEAH!

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Up at 4:30am with horrible abdominal pain, cue shitting my guts out for 45 minutes. Thanks Taco Bell.

It's been years since I had fast food. It'll probably be years before I try again. How do people eat that garbage regularly?

9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: When it rains it pours...had storm damage to the roof of a house I rent in Nebraska a few weeks ago. It sucks, but hey, shit happens...today, I park in an empty mother fucking parking garage and come back to find my rear driver side door caved in

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: Nasty-ass 3 inch long roach scaring the shit out of me in the bathroom this morning. I was screaming so hard that my throats was sore the rest of the morning and my husband thought I was being attacked. What the fuck. An exterminator is coming Monday, but that's not soon enough. Blegh!!!!!!!!!

11. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Rave: In an unexpected turn of events, I'm curating a show. The August show is typically a bit more fun and freewheeling since the art world comes to a crawl in the summer so with less pressure things tend to get more experimental. I had an idea for a group show, suggested it to my boss, her and the owner liked it and instead of just taking it from there like I was expecting they decided to just give it to me to run with. It's never something I thought I'd get to do so I was intrigued and excited. Today I just finished picking all the works that'll be in the show and wrote the press release and I keep looking over them and thinking, you know, this is a damn good show. It's really cool and contemporary and I think it fits right in with what's going on these days. I can't wait to see it up on the walls.

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:

Settled in our new house. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Woken up by sudden, massive diarrhea.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: What is it with bitchy old women who work at the Service Ontario office (think DMV and more)? I'm in the process of registering my big trailer from out of province and it's like I was doing something wrong. If it's your fucking job to handle things like this, don't get all pissy at ME if it's a little out of the normal and YOU don't know the procedure. It's like I was intentionally making her job hell on a Friday afternoon. WTF?

RAVE: The NICE Service Ontario lady who came in and took over and was polite, professional, and actually civil.

RANT: The BC registration I have doesn't have a weight for the trailer, so now I have to go tow the thing to a weigh station and get a weight slip for it. It's not really that big of a deal, but towing a 30' trailer around my cul-de-sac is a bit of a bitch the way people park on the road around here... backing it into the driveway is a bit... challenging... sometimes. Fun times.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: It's my Bosses 50th anniversary with the company. He's got the longest tenure in our territory. We took him to his favorite lunch spot. This was my desert and a corner of his:
    DESERT.jpg

Mine was this:
    Raspberry Gâteau
    Fallen chocolate soufflé baked with Triple-Sec and Brandy, enrobed in dark chocolate ganache and topped with fresh raspberries

His was this:
    Boccone Dolce
    French meringues drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate, with whipped cream and fresh seasonal fruit

I didn't even eat 1/3 of it and I still need a nap.

16. drunkfish

drunkfish
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: On my way to the coast my truck's AC decides to shit the bed. I just replaced the condenser last summer.

Rave: First night on vacation I hit a royal flush on 21 + 3 with a top 3 bet at the Hard Rock to win $910 on a $20 total bet.

Rant: Upon arriving home I find out that my compressor has shit the bed and most if not all of my winnings will be going to replace it. I would just say fuck it but the Mississippi Delta in July requires either Air Conditioning or numerous changes of clothes in the truck.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- Two for two in getting big ticket items working that my jobs were just going to toss out. I got a jammed premium scanner/printer a few years back that just had a standard paper jam, the company's owners had already bought a new one and were just tossing out the old one. The other week the gym I work at was going to throw out this industrial backpack vacuum that retails for 450$. It wouldn't turn on. Turns out a single wire had come unconnected in the on/off switch assembly.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant/Rave: Yesterday morning on my way out the door headed to work I was greeted by Crazy. "We need to talk. You ruined my bed." Barely awake, I was like "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You pissed the bed."

Uh, no, I did not.

"There's two stains on it"

I have no idea how they got there, but I most definitely did not piss the bed. Or spill anything.

Finally this morning he storms up to my room to show me how I ruined the bed. He pulls back the quilt and shows me the "Stains" on the sheet, then the one on the sheet below it, then on the mattress cover, and finally on the mattress itself.

I looked at him....Why is the stain moving back and forth? "I don't know , but you can see you ruined my bed."

I look up at the ceiling fan/light and bump the knob on the pull chain, the stains moves even more. "Dude, those are shadows."

"Then why are they in the same place on all the sheets?" Uh....because they're shadows? I finally grab a flash light and show him the "Stains" magically disappear.

And this guy is a lawyer. Wow.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: She is here. Born last night, weighing in at 1lb 1.8oz she was one of the biggest puppies of the litter. Happy Birthday Ruca.
    NEW BORN RUCA.jpeg
    Please note the green ribbon the breeder put on her. That was prior to us picking her. It sealed the deal. She was already a Packer fan.

#21019 shegirl, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: Wtf is it with people yapping on their phones in waiting areas? There's always at least one girl who fills the time by chatting loudly on the phone about the most obnoxious shit. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Nobody wants to listen to 1/2 of the dumbest conversations ever in a public area.