Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rave

I graduated today. I am now the proud owner of a piece of paper in a glass frame.

Rant

The ceremony was 2.5 hours long, and I was seated next to a greasy slob who stunk of stale fast food and cheap cigarettes. GAHHHHH. So goddamn hot. And this stinky bastard.....JESUS that took a lot meditation to get through.

....further more, I find out afterwards some busybody picked a fight with my wife because....she cheered when I was called up? Umm... okay. I thought grad ceremonies were criminally boring torture sessions that killed your guests with heatstroke. Not this.

2. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Hey, look at that, I finally got around to recovering my password to this place. Thought I'd stop by and say hello.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Vegemite. I tried it for the first time last night. Holy crap is that disgusting. Aussies? You can keep it. Its a salty yeast infection in a jar. Bleh.

4. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Vegemite the food of the gods. Nothing wasted from the beer brewing process, Beer and then Vegemite from the left over slops in the vat. It cures hangovers as well.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: We now have a solid litmus test to determine the mentally deranged on the board.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: End of manhunt that started not too far from where I live. These two pieces of shit escaped a prison bus going to work detail, by overpowering and killing the two guards. They stole cars and were on the run, eventually trying to steal another car during a police chase. The homeowner and a neighbor held them at gunpoint until the cops arrived.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...ter-three-day-manhunt/pbonXC045AByBlyNQN84vM/

7. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Bought tickets today to see U2 in Indy in September. Say what you want about Bono, but the Joshua Tree is their best album, and I saw them in Indy on that tour in 1987. I've seen Youtube videos of the current tour and they are still as good as they always were. Now I just need someone to go with me.

8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: I got contacts! I feel so freaking proud of myself for getting these things in/out of my eyes.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Got 4 Tuesday practice round tickets through the Master's lottery. Should be able to go and turn quite a nice profit.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I have no idea where to put this. It's a rant because it is terrible and a rave because out of all the bad shit there's always a glimmer of some good and this time it was brought to us by Simon Cowell. Whoa.

Tissue warning for the softer set.

EDIT: I think my link is wonky but you get it and can find it.

#20990 shegirl, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: off work due to weather. Maybe tomorrow and even Thursday too.

Rant: I am going to have so much work to do when I get back....drowning. Bleh. I was on pace to totally catch up today after the back to back 4 day weeks.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: I just saw a cute university chick get fucking SMOKED by a landscaping truck towing a trailer.

I was over at a friend's house helping her do "house stuff" (recently divorced, first time home owner, current boyfriend is clueless), and on my way back I was waiting at a red light in a 6x6 lane intersection (each way had 2 thru-lanes and 2 turning lanes). Very busy part of town right near the University, rush hour.

I see a hot red head, early 20's, come out of the Pilates studio in yoga pants, on my left (far side of the street) and rather than walk up to the light 50 feet away and cross at the intersection, she trots across the lanes, left to right, about 6 cars back from the "stop here on red light" line. She crossed in front of the car in front of me, and then beside that car was a city bus. She runs in front of the bus to get to the sidewalk, without stopping to think that there was still the empty right-turn lane on the right side of the bus.

She ran out right in front of a landscaping pickup towing a big trailer that was hauling ass up the turn lane, and she went FLYING. As I was pulling away a cyclist and the bus driver were helping her, but it didn't look good. The driver of the pickup was in shock, just sitting on the road in front of his truck, unable to comprehend what just happened.

Totally her fault, the pickup driver didn't have a chance to stop in time (even if he probably shouldn't have been going as fast as he was).

The worst part was I watched it all unfold right in front of me... not a thing I could do about it.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: Losing a wallet in Canada: A Tale of a Small Town...

My boss's adult daughter went for lunch at a restaurant in a nearby town this morning. Unbeknownst to her, a wallet containing her most important documents - SIN, birth certificate, etc - fell out of her purse as she got into her car. She drove away.

*later*

Random tradesman goes into the restaurant. Notices the wallet. Picks it up and looks through it. Puts it into his pocket and goes to his next appointment, which happens to be the local plumbing contractor in that town. Asks one of the guys at the desk if [Daughter's Name] is known to them. One of the guys at the desk says, I wonder if that's [Boss's] daughter? Their receptionist calls our receptionist, who finds my boss up on a ladder installing something and says, "[Plumber] is on the phone and has [Daughter's] wallet?"

*later*

Boss texts daughter that he has her wallet.

*later*

Daughter shows up, having been completely unaware that her wallet was missing.

To recap, wallet with all the most important information went from daughter, to pavement in the rain, to Random Stranger, to Plumbing Contractor, to receptionist, to her dad, back to her.

The guy who dropped it off had even separated the documents and wrapped them in paper towels to dry.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- I have become the unemployable loser I have feared growing up. Just saw an old co-worker of mine, who hadn't been fired in the mass layoff, got a job at a big company. I had put in for the same exact job with an recuiter and didn't even get passed a prescreener questionaire with the typical, 'they decided to go with someone with more specific experience'. The role was in email marketing and that was a big part of my job at the same company we worked at, aside from other various digital marketing aspects I worked there. She was in fucking customer service. I fucking, hate, my, fucking, life. The hard truth is I've put myself in the situation by being a lackadaisical student, that had apathetic career ambition, and basically being a social phobic bitch. If it wasn't for the meds and therapy I'd be in a much darker place 8 months out of real work.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Rave: This weekend I'm at a family reunion of sorts where I'm seeing all of my remaining mom's side of the family because my uncle recently died and we're having the memorial. I was a little nervous because there's only one cousin I've hung out with about every other year for the past 9 years or so, and I haven't seen the rest of them (four cousins and an uncle) in over twenty years (plus the cousins' kids, most of whom I've never met). I don't even remember meeting most of them, and I only remembered one other person even existed when they all started friending me on Facebook, but it's been great hanging out with my one cousin as adults and I've been wanting to get back in touch with them so it felt like something I should do. The cousin I know was the one who picked me up from the train, and all in one breath she goes "hello! Oh my God so good to see you! Do you still smoke? I thought you'd want to smoke some weed before we get there"

Then a glass of wine was put in my hand as soon as I walked in the door and I smoked with the rest of them later. When one asked if I smoked someone said "yeah she's part [my mom's side of the family] of course she does" and I said "yeah and I'm part [my dad's side of the family] too" and one goes "oh yeah my dad (my uncle who died ) always said your dad had the best plants"

Plus I get to stay in the room with the kitten. I'm not so nervous anymore.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Driving out to Madison to go fishing is turning out to be a good thing. I kind of like driving anyway so thats a win, getting out of Minneapolis is a win, and the stream down here is supposedly very good and 20 minutes from the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed in.

I can already myself starting to relax and unwind. That relaxation may or may not be helped by beer, which I found a great liquor store that has all the west coast classics.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: one week at the new company and my kid gets the stomach flu warranting me asking to work from home. Super fucking professional. Goddammit. If you don't have kids, just abstain. Grody little fuckers.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Starting to have a real problem with insomnia. I can function just fine on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, but its hard to not get up in your head and anxious about it when you are just laying in bed staring at the ceiling for hours, trying to not look at your phone or the time and making it worse. Im tired all evening, the second I lay down? Im completely wired. Going to sleep at 1 or 2 AM is not a huge deal especially when I dont have a firm wake up time, but it blows.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I just spent my first 40 minutes at work reading all about perirectal fistulas. There were also helpful pictures. Do you know what a porcine plug is? I do! Where's my prize?

So many hairy, infected assholes....

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My daughter got into my MIL new make up and brushes, put the brushes in toiled and ruined the make up. My MIL asked her why she did it "I want to be darker like you and mommy"