Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Random Thread Weekend Drunk! 11/13/09

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dog stands under the hummingbird feeder for hours on end, in hopes of catching one.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have a hankering to take some pot shots at the Canadian Geese in my lake, but that could be the half-bottle of The Macallan I've had in the last 2 hours since I've been home.

Who am I kidding, I'll be sleeping until 2 tomorrow, and then it's supposed to rain for the next week.

I ain't doing shit.

3. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finished my flask of glenlivet I had lying around, now drinking a glass of laphroaig. Should be a fun night if my friends ever show up.

4. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just get some bread decoys and shoot them on the water.

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

My buddies actually just got back from a Canadian goose trip where the absolutely hammered them

[​IMG]

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Except for fucking around here, of course. (Other mods, beware, and on the lookout).

And for me, it's a Luc Besson triple play; the original La Femme Nakita (the French version with English subtitles), The Big Blue, and The Fifth Element.

If she can read the subs in Nakita, and find Anne Parilaud (sp?) hot, that's awesome.

If she gets all emotional (like I do), during The Big Blue (who does't like Greece, Free Diving, and dolphins?), she's got a soul.

If she like 5th Element, she's a geek/nerd who likes sci-fi.

That, my friends, is the magical tri-fecta.

*ahem*

Hit a chord with any of the ladies hanging out tonight?

PS: It's "strike a chord", etc., not "cord". Seen a few posts get that wrong, and feel like picking nits right now. And the fucking "N" key isn't working on my keyboard. Great.

7. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Lonesome Dove, Death Wish AND the Fifth Element? Jeez, this board has it on tonight! Where do I sign up?

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

About 20 years ago, my Dad went on a trip up to James Bay to hunt geese.

He's got pics (well, 35 mm slides, actually) of a Native/Innuit/guide/whatever knocking geese out of the sky with an 8' 2x4 while standing behind a small burm.

The land is so fucking flat up there that they occasionally only fly 10' off the ground.

I called bullshit until we sat through the 90 minute slide show.

Damn... anyone remember slide shows?

9. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thats a start, but if you can get her to stick around through all the episodes of Firefly, then never let go.

Also, I could never be with a girl who doesn't love Rushmore.

'Bout time to hit the bar. The long night of drinking ahead combined with the Volcano Burger I just had for dinner are gonna make for a long morning tomorrow.

10. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Hopefully this doesn't start an all-out war, but which is better: Firefly or Battlestar Galactica?

*Truthfully, we all know the answer to this.

11. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As awesome as Battlestar Galactica is, Firefly wins hands down.

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I can't believe you've blasphemed on this board like that! Shame!

Now, do you include Serenity with Firefly, or only Firefly by itself?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They both scratch different itches.

Firefly is just awesome because it's a world/'verse that I'd love to live in, and has a great sense of humour in it.

BG is a huge soap opera, that is fascinating to watch and tells an awesome story... but I wouldn't want to be there myself.

Firefly wins about 80:20 for me.

14. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

For some reason, Firefly always seems to win over guys who have a strong background in IT whenever I have this discussion.

15. The Beer Baron

The Beer Baron
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Maybe they changed the laws up here since the 70's, but I was always told that the Canada Goose was on the endangered list (even though there are now tens of thousands of the cock suckers in Southern Ontario alone). Be careful what you shoot at (insert Sean Connery impression "some tings in here, don't well react well to bullets").

FYI: A Cormorant is also the name we've given one of our new SAR helicopters.. so don't shoot at the bright yellow ones..

16. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Firefly will always be loved because it was great and extremely short-lived. Like Kurt Cobain, some people will always consider him a god because he didn't live long enough to write his "Shiny Happy People."

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't duck/goose hunt (too much work for too little reward for me, and I have more fun skeet/trap shooting), so I don't know if they are or not.

I'd be surprised if they were, though. They are EVERYWHERE. They are being transported out of downtown areas (Toronto, Vancouver) and beating the plane back.

And if we shot down the SARs, who'd come and rescue them? Are they like groundhogs, where a new one keeps showing up after you shoot his buddy? (Plinkig groundhogs with a case of beer and a .223 is so much fun... not that I condone that).

And yeah, I have huge respect for the SARs... wanted to be one. I came so close to flying the Labrador, and was on my way, but fucked up a knee playing rugby before it happened.... couldn't get my medical.

One of the coolest and most demanding jobs around.

18. The Skirt

The Skirt
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wow you guys have mentioned a lot of really good movies as your "weed out" movies. Some of those movies I would have to say that if ANY person doesn't like them, that makes me question their over all taste and existance. But, I particularly love "La Femme Nikita". Seriously, forget "weed out" movie, everyone needs to see that movie. I don't have any objections to movies with subtitles - "The Orphanage" was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen and it had subtitles, but I didn't even notice after the first 30 minutes of the movie. And La Femme Nikita is a superb movie that should not be over looked just because it's French. Action, story, hot chick, and oh yeah, ACTION. I love that movie.

I bet there's a lot of girls who could sit through, if not absolutely love, most of you guys' "weed out" movies. But I doubt many of you could sit through a girl's weed out movie. Mine's "Monsoon Wedding". That's right kids, I like Bollywood. And by making you watch "Monsoon Wedding" with me, I'm letting you off the hook easy. There's only like, 2 group dances in it and no group singing. I don't demand anyone watch "Saawariya", "Om Shanti Om" or "Bride & Prejudice" with me. Those are deeply personal movies to me. I enjoy them so much, but so few other people do, that I'm not about to sit through one of my favorite movies with someone giving me the "you are weird as shit" look the whole time. So, if a guy can get through "Monsoon Wedding" he passes with flying colors.

That's my hard pass movie. My average pass movie is "Lifeboat". It's a masterpiece of characters and tension. There are way too many people out there who won't watch black and white movies, or can't enjoy a movie where the scenery doesn't change much. If you can't get through "Lifeboat" there's nothing I can do with you.

Okay, I'll get off my movie high horse. But only because I have an empty glass. And it demands a vodka and Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash sacrifice.

19. LM225

LM225
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Good evening party people.

This guy became an uncle today, but he doesn't get to fly out to see the newly minted baby until tomorrow.

Sooooooooooo, I'm about 3/4 of the way into an '02 Arista (Sonoma) Pinot Noir. More to come. All's well.

How do I get my hands on soma' this fancy moon water?

Edit: All your movies suck. I'm watching Baseketball. It is glorious.

20. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The Fifth Element kicks a lot of ass. (Yes, yes, NERD ALERT!) I think my weed out movie would have to be Ghostbusters*. Fuck you if you don't find that shit funny as all hell.

I'm currently enjoying some Svedka, Sierra Mist and Cranberry juice. This is most certainly one of the most delicious nectars of the gods.

*Ray, when someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.