Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rampant Speculation Time: Duke University Served Tucker Max

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kindalas, Oct 26, 2010.

1. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From Tucker's Twitter

Code:
    Just process served by sheriffs walking into Charlotte book signing. Who's suing me? Duke University. Not kidding. Details to follow.

Focus: Before any real facts are known, lets pull a Gawker, TMZ, Pariz Hilt... ect. and invent the story

My take: Justin Bieber found out who was running his number one fan site and is having Duke sue before he'll put on a show for Duke's Board of Governors

2. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume some sort of defamation/libel/slander suit? I confess to not knowing the minutiae of Tucker like others might, but I was under the impression that once he left Duke he never really dealt with them again so all I can think of is he wrote or said something about them they take issue with.

Alternatively, maybe he backed out of some kind of speaking commitment with them, though hard to imagine they'd want him on campus in the first place.

3. Malignity

Malignity
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Something to do with the 'Tucker goes to campout, owns Duke nerds' story from 'Assholes finish first'?

4. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's part of his marketing campaign - he's shaking up the print industry by the roots.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps he was a member of the LaCrosse team? Bring back the rape photo shop

6. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

(I'm sure it's something to do with defaulted student loans-- defamation suits based on random nonsense rarely succeed, as we all know. Although maybe it has to do with something he said on Loveline about the Duke chick).

OK, attempting to be funny-- "Tucker Max, self-proclaimed "Asshole," has become the poster- child for lawyers with suffocating student loans. Thanks to his pioneering advocacy, in 2014, president Barack Obama signed the "Changed My Mind, Don't Wanna Be a Lawyer Anymore" bill allowing law school grads who never paid their loans to simply drop them. In other news, pigs are now flying and the weather report for hell is anticipating a cold-front.

Slightly more funny-- After reviewing the contents of AFF, Duke files suit for judgment declaring that Tucker isn't enough of an Asshole to be considered a Duke Grad.

7. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

http://www.nccourts.org

I searched a minute or two, but I couldn't find anything and don't really care to verify if I'm in the wrong place or not.

I'm guessing it's something about defamation or libel. Seems the most obvious path, even if it is a pointless lawsuit. What's to stop Duke from filing a case they can't ultimately win just to say "here alumni, we tried to shut him up, and we failed. But we tried, and we're not encouraging or endorsing Max's behavior"?

They might also be serving him with papers that bar him from the campus? Like a restraining order maybe, claiming his actions/words have cause irreparable harm against Duke students?

(I can't believe this made it as a thread. This is awesome, and also I'm genuinely curious, from a legal perspective, what the hell they charged him with.)

8. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The picture is what makes me laugh:

[​IMG]

If you look closely you can see that the forms have pictures of his book covers, so the Sheriff can ID him.

9. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

He's already beaten 2 or 3 slander suits and from a risk/reward standpoint I'd say the publicity outweighs the potential court fees.

10. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Probably something along the lines of Tucker using his Duke background to promote his new book, then a bunch of Duke board members read it and realized they wasted $20 on a book that wasn't funny.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In an eToughGuy move, he banned an important Duke Alumni for using the phrase "lack of lulz ;)" in a review of Tucker's movie. Then that Alumni didn't get any more rep, he became sad. And used his pull at Duke to get them to file a law suit against Tucker. I look forward to him posting with a lot of hatred in the memories thread. We later learn silly little freak banned him.

12. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where did they find a cop shorter than Max?

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why does that look like a very special episode of "Six Feet Under"?

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure if there's a correlation, but I heard a rumor about a substantial blueberry donation made to Duke.

15. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I wonder if we could all sue him, since he promised that it would be all new stories and hilarious and awesome, and it wasn't hilarious nor awesome, and there were some reprints from his site. And he also said the movie was awesome... Lets sue the shit out of him also!

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't care why he's being sued, I just want Duke to send one of his former professors to the trial and have the whole thing play out like some Sophoclean drama.

Professor: I taught you everything you know, but not everything I know.
    Tucker: When I left I was but the learner, now I am the master.
    Judge: What in the fuck are you two going on about?

I just hope the old bastard looks like Pai Mei.

17. Rick M

Rick M
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I remember reading that he was going on a show last week to talk about the Duke girl that posted all her hook-ups. My guess would be something to do with whatever he said there.

18. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since Justin Massler, aka Cloud Starchaser's arrest for stalking Ivanka Trump, he's finally been able to convince law enforcement officials how it's absolutely necessary to the security of the planet that he be allowed to work hand in hand with Tucker Max. This was just Massler's way of getting Max to talk to him. Everything will work itself out soon and evil will be vanquished.

19. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tucker was also a Duke athlete? Holy shit. You learn something new every day. I heard from a close friend he had something to do with a lacrosse party rape a few years ago. Introduced them to death mix right before he left to go home with some 10 star blonde cheerleader from the basketball team. He never wrote about it, but it happened. My friend was THERE man. He saw some shit go down.

20. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded