Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Raised by Wolves

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Binary, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone watching this?

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just finished the first episode... not quite sure what to think yet.

Planning on watching episode 2 this weekend.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What I do know is that I don't immediately love it to the point that I'm wanting to binge watch the next episode.

4. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a sucker for post-Apocalypse sci-fi, and this is that. I read that this was originally a TNT show? The budget kinda reflects that, Necros flying around in t-pose with their attacks only shown as closeups of their faces. I find myself more interested in the backstory to this whole thing than any future developments.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the same boat. Watched 2 episodes. I think I'm interested? But I'm such a sucker for this kind of post-apocalyptic sci-fi stuff that it should be a really easy sell for me and I should be binging it.

I guess so far it just seems (ironically?) lifeless. I'm not really invested in anyone. The backstory might be interesting, but it's not so intriguing that I'm on the edge of my seat. The androids, Mother especially, don't seem to behave consistently. Maybe that's intentional and we'll find out why, but right now it's jarring.

And I feel like they're trying to deliberately tell us how to feel about things through short exposition rather than showing us through a compelling narrative.

Not bad, but not great. But it's enough that I'll keep watching.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck that finale was stupid.

Who possibly green-lighted that? Someone seriously looked at the whole series and thought,

An android should give birth to a giant, flying doomsday snake, as foretold in prophesy.

What a bunch of horseshit.

7. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You will be happy to hear that season two has already been greenlit.

I commend you on making it through to the end of the season... I slogged through the first 5 or 6 episodes before throwing in the towel

8. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So this was a Ridley Scott joint? From the visionary mind that brought us Prometheus? Yeah I don't understand what in the hell they're trying to set up for S2.
    so if the snake can inherit Mother's flight, did it also inherit her banshee scream? Will this even matter to the 90% of the cast who are on the opposite side of the planet with no air transport? Or are the atheists who've been there all along supposed to be their means to the tropical zone? How did Marcus survive the poison?
    So much bullshit, disappointing.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I was in for the few episodes, but the show is just too impressed with itself and slow-moving for me to continue giving a shit. I’m out.

maybe I’ll try watching Altered Carbon again.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My thoughts exactly.

That, and The Expanse drops soon, so I'll probably re-watch last season to get back up to speed.

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been meaning to give the audiobook another listen, maybe even move on to the sequels.