Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

put stuff into my asshole please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Were You Part Of Greek Culture?

1. I am a man and was not in a fraternity

83 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. I am a man who was in a fraternity

23 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I am a woman who was not in a sorority

18 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. I am a woman who was in a sorority

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. I am upset at the gender binary suggested by the above options

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. put stuff in my asshole

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I had several unique friendships in college. And then, when they fell apart, we didn't have a common social organization to make it awkward. Hooray.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think they're talking about those special kind of friends.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I sort of dated a girlfriend's ex for about a week before ditching him because he sucked. She didn't want to see me after that for some reason.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here are some of the problems I see here:

1) You're essentially admitting that you were dicks to outsiders for no reason other than 'not in the frat, don't trust them!' You're also admitting that your frat had a lot of sketchy guys, and that the potential for date rape was there (even if you don't think it happened). That, coincidentally, is why a lot of people here are saying they hated frats and frat guys. Those reputations on a campus don't happen by accident.

2) Let me preface this by saying its not that I don't believe you regarding the hazing. That sounds pretty much exactly like what one of my friends in a frat said his frat was like. Freshmen just did the majority of the cleanup work, and seniors would trash the place because freshmen were just there to clean it up. That said, he also admitted there were other 'hazing' things that happened, but they're also sworn to secrecy regarding a LOT of stuff about the frat, so he couldn't tell me what his other hazing involved. He did say it "wasn't pleasant," but wouldn't go into detail. That's fine, but the air of secrecy that follows frats when it comes to hazing means its hard to believe we're getting 100% of the story, especially from guys who are way into defending their fraternity and lifestyle. They would never publicly admit that they may have made a frat brother strip to their underwear and get spanked with a paddle, because of frat brotherhood secrecy and the fact that it makes you look bad.

3) You didn't specify how you 'pissed a lot of people off.' Were you just dicks for the sake of being dicks? Because you had the numbers? If so, you're exactly the kind of frat guy most of the board here is bitching about. Congrats! If you're breaking rules (i.e. underage drinking), I kind of get that, but every single frat out there has underage drinking. I thought that was why most frats exist. Your house sounds a lot like 'that house' from my old campus, where they intentionally invited couples to the house, just to throw the guy out and try to fuck his girlfriend. Not because they liked her, mind you, but just for the sake of fucking a girl with a boyfriend. They were also known around campus for being the place voted "most likely to get date raped." Lots of 'sketchy' guys in that frat, too, and they were assholes.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That does bring up a question or two for people in frats: is there a lot of in-fighting, how bad does it get and how does it get solved? Nobody likes heat in a group and its not like squabblers can stay away or avoid each other if you're in the same frat.

Please please at least ONE frat member tell me the problem is solved via Arena battle. I am dying to know, since So little of these so-called "Thundered Domes" are spoken of in the Greek world. All I have heard so far is that only one has permission to leave after two make there way in. What happens to the guy inside I have no clue.

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He does the big elephant walk in the sky for the rest of eternity.

7. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The same way problems are solved on sports teams. Either the people in ore each thee, fight or just get over it.
    We had kids get drunk and do stupid shot to annoy people and get their ass kicked in the house. And a lot of people police guys in their own house, no one wants to be part of the house known for getting girls stupidly drunk and sleeping with them or have sexual assault allegations. Yeah there are some places where people were okay with it but those kids were fucked long before they came near a fraternity.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is exactly what I think more people should say about frats instead of creating some bullshit retrospective about how it provided them with lifelong friendship, like that's not achievable elsewhere. "I had a friend in one and thought it'd be fun" is probably half the population's reason for joining, and the other half do it because they want to get in on the parties and sleep with sorority girls.

Those other things are just life and everyone goes through it in various quantities, even without paying dues or reciting the name of a founding chapter member.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Has anybody here gone to a college that had a multi/mass frat expulsion for some reason? Any clue as to why?

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One frat got expelled because a Jewish girl passed out in their house and someone drew a swatstika on her. Not sure why the whole frat had to be banned for that.

Just to clarify, the frat was no longer recognized by the school, the brothers weren't all expelled from college.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At Colorado Sigma Nu got kicked off because some governing body (I think PanHel) planted a mole in a pledging class. At the end of pledging the mole reported all the hazing etc that went on.

I can't imagine what kind of mentality it takes to do that, go through a lot of bullshit only to betray the people you are supposedly friends with.

Also at CU, the greeks weren't officially affiliated with the university because the school wanted the frats to delay pledging till spring (as some sort of punishment for a kid dying the year before, actually a kid in my dorm) and they didn't want to do that so the broke ties. The disaffiliation could have changed since I graduated, however because of this the frats/sororities couldn't use any school facilities for anything really. From the perspective of the school they were just any other unaffiliated organization.

If anyone is wondering who the kid was his name is Gordie Baily. Its amazing how quickly people forget these things, I barely remembered his name.

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, serious question: if the hazing was so bad that they were kicked off of campus for what happened, why is your first instinct to question the mentality of the mole and not the people committing the hazing?

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because the mole willingly went through that only with the intent to report those actions later. He didn't have to endure any of it, but decided to. If you hate those people and don't have to be around them why go through with all that?

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because it was the only way to break through the veil of secrecy that surrounds frat hazing, and do something about it.

Without that first hand knowledge from the "mole," it is the word of frat brothers (who would never, ever admit to the hazing) against a few pledges who quit and claimed it was because of hazing. Frat brothers just band together and say there is no hazing, those guys just didn't get along with the other brothers and were angry they were kicked out. There was no way for the board to know who to trust without sending someone in.

He went through all that to expose them, with evidence to back it up.

If they really weren't hazing, they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Here's what happened in a 5 year span:

-A frat was booted off campus because on of their pledges drove drunk and hit a girl crossing the road. Not really their fault and the kid wasn't even leaving a frat party, but nonetheless.
    -A frat was booted off because of their member delibrately jizzed in a girls purse after she wouldn't fuck him
    -A sorority was removed by their national organization because a lot of their members had a coke habit
    -An academic frat (separate from regular Greek life) was kicked off for having a gang bang, one of the girls was from the local high school.

16. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty sure my freshman year one of the black sororities got kicked off for breaking some chick's leg. I have a friend who pledged a black frat and while he won't say anything specific, he said outright that the things they do during pledging could get them some time. The ethnic greek organizations seem to haze far harder than any of the other frat/sororities

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Again, I ask the question: if the hazing was that bad, what the fuck kind of human being does that to someone else? That's my first question in this situation. It doesn't seem inherently more fucked up to endure the hazing to break up the cycle than it does to endure the hazing just to have friends and access to women of questionable morals.

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Again, you're a douche.
    I don't know why people haze, I've never really hazed anyone. Its not in me. He's not being some martyr thats changing the entire system, he's getting one group of guys kicked out of a greek house. Those guys are still going to hang out, just not at the Sigma Nu house. Also, those kids likely didn't face any repercussions from the school because the greeks at the time weren't affiliated with CU. Unless there were criminal charges involved which I don't think there were.
    The kid didn't change the system at all, the system endured, hell it survived a kid dying my freshman year. The mole just got that group of guys in trouble and thats really about it.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're cute when you call me a douche. Waah, I'm so hurt, some guy on the internet doesn't like me!

You don't think something like this has the potential to at least put a chilling effect on the other frats? You don't think that maybe the initiative of placing a mole into a rush was - in a teensy, tiny way - a response to a kid dying a few years before?

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to a tiny college (about 3300 students), and we started a frat. Hazing was bullshit, and because we started our own, we were closely monitored.

I can't really say why we started one, it just seemed like a good idea. I was happy about it: I got some valuable experience out of it, we had some fun and some of my closest friends were in that group. The frat culture seems to be missing the point, especially in universities now. It's about working together to accomplish some goals, ostensibly more noble than just getting fit-shaced. We did some fund-raisers, got involved with mentoring high school kids, coached a little league team and formed the backbone of an intramural rugby team. We were not very diverse, but we did have a pair of gay members and a black guy, which for a tiny college in the rural South was a bit liberal. The black fraternities at our school were much more hardcore with hazing (tattoos were common, but branding-What the FUCK), but they were very active, so we enjoyed doing stuff with them. They showed us a lot, in terms of how to hold events successfully and how to find shit that 20 guys could comfortably do together.

The white, male fraternities were in shambles. They didn't do anything, their parties were stagnant and ritual, they were arrogant, exclusionary and generally bad examples of humanity. The sororities were not much better, with constant bickering and cat-fighting.

If I were to go back to university, I would not join a frat. There's just too much risk, every year some idiot dies at a frat party and the insurance regulations are ruining the ability to conduct activities. They also seem to focus on drunken d-baggery, rather than having fun with both clean and dirty activities.