Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Prince Charming, who is he, I want a Prince Albert!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigtom0404, Nov 1, 2010.

1. tntnikki

tntnikki
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've had somewhere upwards of 20 piercings (and that does not include needles for play). Nipples are my favourite- not to look at , but the actual piercings process itself makes me gooey- but I've had them pierced and removed so many times that it is getting difficult to re-pierce now due to scar tissue. They still work just fine though.

I took my tongue bar out last year, and am still regretting it. It was my most traumatic one, and I doubt I'll ever sit through it again, but I miss it. Maybe I'll work up some nerve and just do it myself. (I do not recommend self piercing- I have passed out while piercing my nipple before).

I had a clithood piercing done once while traveling in the middle east- the piercer did not speak English so I had to select what I wanted from a photo album of his past work. He was very excited and babbled on happily, and eventually I worked out that the photo I selected was his wife's cunt. 3 hours in an army jeep on desert tracks after the piercing was an interesting experience.

Tattoos put me to sleep, I find them very soothing- I only have two, both on my spine. have a half sleeve planned, as well as a row of stars on my lower arm. I've one branding, done in 2003 and faded now to the point that it is only visible in summer when I tan- this fading is not normal- typically a branding is forever- but I heal wolverine fast.

I've done many brandings, and have a small list of people waiting to be branded once we sort the artwork/find time to get together and do it. I've assisted in a a proper scarification, but find myself a little weak stomached about the whole deal, so it's not something I see myself doing in near future.

I do needleplay as part of BDSM activities with regularity, and typically carry round a kit of body piercing jewelry as part of that. But I've no qualifications. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo gun to see how steady my hand is, as Scootah wants some tribal stuff that seems to be easy for me to draw freehand- I'm just not sure if I can translate that when holding a tattoo gun in hand.

2. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have 3 piercings-lip, tongue and my right nipple. Why? Just felt like it-there was no other reason than the idea appealed to me so I did it. I want one more, and that's a 'Frankenstein'-a bar through the back of my neck.

I have two tattoos, my ex's name on my wrist, and our initials intertwined on the back of my neck. In retrospect that was just asking for the relationship to end up in the shitter, but I don't regret them at all-it took me 18+ years to decide on what I wanted inked on me, and they contain a hell of a lot of meaning to me: simply because they remind me to trust my instincts and never allow myself to be treated the way I let her treat me. I will eventually get them sorted, but only when I decide on something I really want that doesn't look like some shitty cover up (she had the same tattoos, and had her wrist one covered up with a massive flower. Would have been alright except that the original tattoo of my name shows through it). So yeah-call me a dick or whatever, it's done and I have no regrets.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Baby, I'm perfect the way I am. Why would anyone want to modify THIS?

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just to be clear, I don't have a kid and my lack of eating was more of a weight loss tactic I mentally justify by saying I'm doing it to save money. It didn't work and now I eat more again, but healthier... and more expensive... foiled again.

This is what scares me about someone in your situation. You really don't have a good handle on what it's like to be an adult yet and you're making decisions that will impact you on an extreme level for the rest of your life. I get that you understand you probably won't have an office job, but do you really understand that most of the 'normal' career paths you will be eligible for will force you to live a lifestyle of something damn near poverty? Shit, I wouldn't let the 27 year old me make that kind of decision.

Honestly, I really hope you succeed in your current path, you seem very passionate about it, but I pray for the 23 year old version of you that tattoo removal gets cheap.

5. j. walter weatherman

j. walter weatherman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I guess I'll drop a line in a few years once I'm a real person and can find the time before slashing myself with shards of glass and shitting in frying pans on the side of the road, and inbetween my sword swallowing gig at Helga's House of Pain.

http://news.bmezine.com/2008/03/18/best-white-power-tattoo-ever/

This guy has so many fucked up and hilarious tattoos. Guaranteed to offend everyone.

6. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thread we posted in, it seemed you implied that you were the one who went on the furlough and had a kid. Were you just using that as an example?

7. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jebus, why all the tattoo/piercing hate? I agree I wouldn't want a doctor with a Nazi tattoo on his neck and one of those ear stretching dealies operating on me, but I wouldn't not hire someone based on their (non-facial) tattoos alone. I think some of you are hating a bit unjustifably. Not everyone who gets a tat or modifies their body is trying to make some kind of statement. In fact, I'd guess most do it for their enjoyment alone, like Jenni and others (by the way, how was she being defensive? Seemed like she was just objecting to being labelled a mentally ill freak for having her nip pierced). I got an Australian aboriginal tattoo on my wrist to commemorate my trip there. It was a kind of pact between my sister and cousin. I want another on my ribs but I haven't been back yet. That's all.

A good friend of mine has an absolutely gorgeous tattoo going up from her hip to shoulder. It's a combination of symbols from her real life and certain favourite books. It means a lot to her and, as mentioned, is very well done. I'd even say stunning. She works an office job, but it doesn't show. She also doesn't care if you like it or not.

Why make such a big deal out of something our species has been doing for such a long time?

8. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

The picture is very old, taken right after I got the tragus done. If I get less lazy I'll take a more recent one. Since then I've taken the first hole in my ear up to a 2g but I doubt I will make it any bigger, and if I did, only up to a 0g. I don't have any other piercings (except for the matching 3 in the other ear) and 3 tattoos. Two are on my back and the third is on my inner left wrist and is easily covered with a bracelet or watch if I need to hide it. I don't regret any of them, they all have a lot of meaning to me and I thought about each one a lot (years) before I ever got them.

I'm not sure what else I may do in the future. I don't have any new tattoos planned at the moment because there is nothing else right now that is meaningful enough to me to have on me forever. I haven't seen another piercing that has really called to me, but if one does I may. I've never really wanted to have a facial piercing, but another in a part of my ear is not out of the question.

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Heh, glossing over the story a bit here ;)

Not long after we first got together, we got each other piercings for our birthday (they're right around the same time). The piercing shop I was using at the time (The Piercing Shop in Brisbane, I understand that they're still awesome) was entirely staffed by girls and was generally awesome - so we'd gone in at the same time to see my usual piercer and another chick who was going to do Nik's first piercing in Australia.

Nik had gone in first and had been gone for a while when I got called in, I was in one little room with my ear marked and about to be clamped for the cartilage piercing I was waiting for, when my piercer (think Pippy Long-stockings goes Suicide girl - tiny chick with red pigtails and striped knee high socks, covered in ink and piercings and wearing short shorts, docs and a wife beater - she was a great distraction from the pain) was called away. I could hear giggling coming from the next room. Then a pause. Then giggling. Then a pause. Then Giggling. This went on for about 10 minutes before the piercer came back and told me that there was this girl in the next room who was hilarious and looked like she was about to have an orgasm every time they put a hot compress on her nipple after the piercing. Her piercer had done it once, been delighted, called in every other girl who was working so they could watch and spent the next ten minutes reheating and reapplying the compress.

When I finally got out with my new piercing, Nik was sitting in the waiting room and still stammering and laughing too much to tell me what had happened. Took me the better part of the afternoon to stop laughing at her.

On a side note, job stoppers in Aus are generally any tattoo that's visible in a heavy fabric, long sleeved business shirt and dress pants. If you can't hide your ink by dressing like a professional - you limit your career options pretty heavily. While I have had facial piercings (an eyebrow piercing while at a job that didn't give a fuck) and a labret that's mostly hidden in my beard) - I mostly look like a pretty typical geek/professional if I make a bit of effort. Most of the shit I've gotten was when I lived in a hick town and I had people ask me to my face in a business setting, if I was some kind of faggot, because I had two earrings in one ear. I was tempted to show them the other piercings.

I also generally don't use urinals at work - it's creepy when people notice my piercings to begin with, but a couple of people have gotten all weird about it after they saw them. That was uncomfortable.

10. Bob Sagat

Bob Sagat
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Jesus Christ, did a tattoo-covered mugger kill your father and rape your mother when you were a child? The collective disdain towards people who choose to modify their body is mind-boggling to me. There are attention whores in every sub-culture. The dude who has his bone structure modified to look like a chameleon is obviously not the norm, nor is he representative of most people who choose to get tattoos/piercings. The function of mods seem fairly straightforward to me -- either A) You think it looks cool, or B) You want to be reminded of something every single day for the rest of your life. A good buddy of mine had his dad commit suicide when he was sixteen and it tore him up. A year later he got a tattoo that contained the day his dad died. He wanted to remember the pain he had to overcome with his dad giving up and abandoning his family and getting the tattoo brought him some kind of catharsis/relief. I've never had my father commit suicide so I have no idea what kind of pain he must have gone through, and it seems pretty silly to group him with the douchebag tribal tattoos.

I have no piercings or tattoos and have trouble understanding art...but that doesn't mean that people who find personal value in art are stupid hippies. The permanence of mods has meaning to some people and who are we to judge? Pigeonholing every single person with a tattoo or piercing as a degenerate is some bizarre discrimination.

11. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only know you from your posts, but you've mentioned doing coke and other drugs, getting wasted on a regular basis despite being 19, and posted pictures of your glorious, sexy breasts and ass in the "Members' Boos/Booty" threads.

Do whatever you like, but just keep in mind "mentally stable" is not the first thing that pops into one's from your own self-description.

You would be surprised. I think you posted your facial and full-body pictures on here before, and the last thing I would call you is "innocent". Hot, sure. Mature-looking? Yes. Innocent? No freaking way

That's even more confusing to me.

You derive pleasure from stabbing a piece of metal through one of the most sensitive parts of your body?

At least I could understand if you got them to impress people; folks do a lot of extreme stuff to seem cool. But to happily mutilate your own breasts? And you think this is completely normal?

12. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I used to have both of my nipples pierced. While the experience itself was not one I would call pleasurable, I also would not refer to it as painful. The increased sensitivity after that, which still exists even today when I've had them out for several years, is definitely pleasurable.

13. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First of all I would just like to clear up the fact that I have never done coke or any other drug (besides marijuana, which doesn't count) and that the legal drinking age where I live is 18. I'm just going to ignore all the other shit you said because it's not relevant to this thread at all.

The actual piercing process hurt like a motherfucker. Was it worth the increased sensitivity I now have? Hell yes.

14. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Do you think people get nipple/genital piercings for aesthetic value or to impress people? Or that everyone who has them is mentally ill and pursuing some kind of self mutilation fetish? Srsly?

For most piercings that you can't see while someone is in their day to day clothes - they have them because after the piercing has healed, they feel really fucking good. In some cases they have no impact and in some rare cases, they decrease sensitivity. But for most people who get intimate locations pierced - either they, or their partners - get a lot of benefit from it.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

All this body mod disdain surprises me, given that we're a pretty un-easily offended board. Dead baby jokes are hilarious, but tattooed people are mentally ill? Kind of strange how we swing.

I have three tattoos. The biggest (and newest) one is posted in the Tattoo Thread. The first two I had done when I was 18. A maple leaf, and a witch flying on a broomstick. Both had been planned since around the age of 13 or 14. The only thing I regret is that, for the maple leaf, I did not shop around and find a good artist. It was done spur of the moment, and as such is not the greatest tattoo. It's too bad, because given its location it would work great; however, it's a nice reminder to always do your research. Also, it was a godsend while travelling - people treat you differently if they think you're American.

This last tattoo was done when I was 27. I came across a book, and pressed within the pages was a drawing I had done of a dahlia (the flower on my shoulder) when I was sixteen. I had been planning it for eleven years. When I finally had it done, it was the strangest thing. I was relieved. I realized that I had actually been self-conscious of not having it. For some reason I am no longer bothered if the back of my shirt rides up a bit; I just assume people are looking at part of a nice tattoo. I didn't realize how deeply embedded the idea of this particular tattoo had become with me until I finally had it inked.

As for piercings, I have none. My parents had my ears pierced when I was 6 or 7, and as soon as I was old enough to make my own decisions about such matters I grew them out. They were a pain in the ass, and to this day the piercing sites are prone to small cysts. No thanks.

I will agree that you can judge people based on their tattoos, though. A high quality, coherent piece that clearly took time, planning and money suggests something very different in one's personality than a black tribal arm band with blurry edges does. Or barbed wire. God, never get a barbed wire tattoo. So cliched.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, and apparently, you can post a costume picture here of two guys dressed like the twin towers with airplanes flying in to them and not get red dotted to oblivion.

No tattoos or piercings for me. Some of the more extreme body modification things just confuse me, but to each his/her own.

17. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The mentally ill opinion is stupid and wrong, however, body modification creates an instant first impression that is not favorable. Get over it.

And don't get on your high horse and complain about it. You know it as sure as you know the sun rises in the East every morning.

Girls, if you have a tramp stamp, it's called that for a reason. If he takes your shirt off and sees a nipple ring, he is going to assume it's open season on your ass. If you have a face tattoo, IBM isn't hiring you. If you have a steel bar in your dick, you have issues (that isn't open to discussion).

Personally, I think it's stupid and I will judge you because of it. I sort of feel bad about that, but that's the truth and that's the truth for most people. Is it unfair? Bet your ass. Is it going to change? Not in this lifetime.

18. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know just as many people without tattoos and piercings that are shitbag workers as people who have tattoos and piercings. I'm really curious on where you get your ideas from because it seems that the body modification hate usually comes from Americans. I haven't been able to fully understand why this is the case. I've been all across Canada and a vast amount of the states and I only ever run into issues in the States. Please, someone enlighten me on this.

I can't add much to what everyone has pointed out already. Love them or hate them, there will always be people modifying their bodies in new and strange ways. There will always be people who judge other by their looks because they're shallow and full of disdain. Who cannot fully understand that there is someone under those tattoos and piercings, who is just as normal as Joe down the road and can do a job just as well, sometimes better than everyone else. Of course, we live in a time where religious hate, racism and homophobia still exists, so, I really don't have it that bad.

19. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No nothing anywhere. If the Rangers win a cup in my lifetime I'll probably get an NYR tattoo on my calf or somewhere. I better have damn good reason to put myself through that amount of pain.

20. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm curious as to how often people judge others based on outward appearances.

Are any of you pretty accurate?

Edit: I was editing my post when the poster below me had already made his. Although I do agree it is a far stretch, I still think the point still stands of it being shit that people are judged based on their appearances.