Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Prince Charming, who is he, I want a Prince Albert!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigtom0404, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There's a girl working at the coffee shop I frequent who has a tattoo of stars leading from her finger tip up her arm, shoulder, and face up to her left eye. It's a shame, she wouldn't be bad looking if she didn't look like the love child of a trailer park and tangible sadness. Nose and naval piercings on girls is an immediate turn off. It's especially unbecoming when a girl's naval piercing sits atop a fat gut complete with stretch marks like Zach Galifinakis had in the Hangover.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I have nothing outside of one in each ear. It was never attractive to me to go beyond that. Coupling that and the fear of showing my Grandmother another hole in my head or a tatt and the retribution that would come, it was a clear no go for me.

As for everyone else, whatever, it's your body so who am I to tell you what I think, unless you ask me? I am as free to have my opinions as you are to have whatever done to your body you wish. The difference is I only give my opinion if I'm asked. I won't approach anyone and tell them what I think whereas there's always the D-bag that feels the need to show his off and "tell a story" about the meaning behind it, when I never asked in the first place. Get over yourself, I don't care...unless I ask.

3. hamshackler

hamshackler
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have one tattoo on my right shoulder blade. Obviously, knowing the potential consequences of visible tattoos, I chose the location so I can cover it up for certain occasions (job interviews, etc). I do not regret it one bit, and I am leaning towards getting another one in a much less visible location (upper thigh).

I'm really taken aback by some of the opinions expressed in this thread. Some of the posts are attacking the mental stability and decision-making skills of people who choose to get tattoos/piercings, which seems extremely closed-minded and ignorant. I am a college graduate and current pharmacy student, and I believe that my decision-making is better than most. But since I chose to get a tattoo, I'm a crazy, attention-seeking degenerate? I don't understand how people could jump to that conclusion just because there is a little bit of ink underneath my skin.

Of course there will always be attention seekers in any facet of life. Some people do it via clothes, shoes, cars, sunglasses, speech, acting out, etc. Others choose to modify their body. I'm surprised so many of you would claim that you wouldn't be friends with someone simply because of a tattoo** or piercing.

**Face tats being the obvious exception. Who gets a tattoo on their face, honestly.

4. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, closed minded is you not accepting our opinions. Ignorant is getting a tattoo. I wouldn't be surprised if you are a biggot too. The only thing this post is missing is a word that rhymes with "digger"!

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Oh boy I better go make some popcorn.

6. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Alt-Focus

I have a tattoo on my left ankle, and a brand on my right upper arm. Both are fraternity related, neither are visible in business attire.

I will say the brand was one of the dumbest things I had ever done. It took quite a while to heal, and I got it done in early September in Memphis- still pretty hot at times. Couple that with wearing heavy oxford-cloth button downs for work, and it was pretty miserable for about 6 weeks. As uncomfortable as mine was, one of my fraternity brothers got a brand on his thigh (this brother also enjoyed plenty of recreational drugs). And for those wondering, I'm in one of the whitest fraternities (I'll give you a hint- our annual formal is called Old South).

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Hey, kettle! You're black!"

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You dudes with nipple rings, what were you thinking? At least half of my female friends like to squeeze nipples. Not just tweak, they want to give a nurple and they want to make it hurt. There is no doubt in my mind they would rip my titty ring clean out then laugh about it. I like my tits squeezed as much as the next girl, but there's a limit. Girls with nipple rings look fantastic, but they don't add anything for me beyond aesthetics. Just felt a little odd in my mouth.

Everyone with body mods, you're all pussies compared to these people:

Then there's this chick with her anus tattooed (which is, uhh, really fucking hot):

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

One warning, don't turn this thread into a pissing match. If you have a beef take it to PM. No one else cares.

SGEDIT: BUTTHOLE TATTOO!!!!!! HOLY SHITBALLS!!!!!

10. j. walter weatherman

j. walter weatherman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I am fairly tattooed. I have my chest, neck, knuckles, sleeves, feet, shins, back of my calf, ankles, outside of my thigh and the sides of my hands with more to come. I have had just about everything pierced on my face and ears, and currently have a pair of high nostrils and a nipple piercing. I have 2g conch piercings and my lobes are stretched to 7/8'', slightly under an inch. I had them previously scalpelled up to an inch. I have been a professional body piercer for four years, and after reading some of the responses on this thread I became a little worried about even replying.

I plan on acquiring some scarification and hopefully some branding but I want to make sure I take the time to research and if the right practitioner isn't close by, I will travel. Because if something is going to be on my body permanently, no cost is too high or distance too far to amazing work.

The reactions I have read here do not surprise me in the least. I have been approached in public places and questioned consistently about what my tattoos mean, why did I do that, what am I going to do when im old blah blah blah. I can tell when people are genuine curious or interested or when they are simply being a dickfuck and attempting to make me feel like less of a human.

People are fucking rude and have no problem asking really inappropriate questions, and act all offended when I am reluctant to answer. I hate getting asked questions about my modifications, it actually is kind of annoying to not be able to go to the grocery store without getting hassled about the who what where when whys. Fuck you, I'm here to buy milk and GTFO.

Its tempting to say "well, you do look a certain way and it does invite questions."
    Good, I love intelligent questions! I like it when people recognize the books and quotes I have tattooed on me. I don't like it when people ask me stupid questions.

DID DAT HURT!? DUUUUUUUR DERP! HAHA BET U WISH U DIDNT HAV DEM WHEN UR OLD HAHA! DUR!

Ill be fucking old with tattoos and a bunch of other stupid shit. That's what I'll be.

I did all of these things because I like the way it it looks and I like the way I feel with them. Simple as that. I am not addicted to pain, mentally ill, or any other stereotype. Sorry. I dont hack my arms up with a butcher knife and run screaming into the street for attention. People who are modified and who choose to get modified tend to fall into two broad categories with a bazillion sub-categories.

1. Aesthetics- they just like the way it looks or feels

2. Attention Whores- These assholes do a really good job of making the entire modified community unfairly look like a bunch of freaks.

I have seen people from all walks of life come into the studio wanting a tattoo or piercing from 65 year old grandmas to a group of 18 year old girls on spring break. I've pierced everything from standard set of ear lobes to complicated genital and ear projects. You can't predict why people get modified, you can only ask politely.

Genital piercings can be wonderful for both the person with the piercing and their partner. Some piercings can be uncomfortable for either person as well, all depends on your individual anatomy. Prince Alberts and Frenums are the some of the most common and least painful male genital piercings. Most people agree that the recieving tube is the most uncomfortable part of the PA, and some piercers use clamps and some free-hand which would affect the Frenum.

I love my modifications because they keep all the shitty people I wouldn't want to know away from the get go. I forget I have them sometimes, and it sucks that people would look down on me without even taking the time to say hello. But what can ya do?

PS- Sorry for the length, I got a little carried away. Sally forth, good gentle idiots.

11. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

New goal: Find girl with the writing from the One Ring in LOTR tattooed on her butt hole. Then proceed to fuck her in the butt till a) I'm shooting dust loads b) acquire unforetold magical powers.

12. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Do you have any pics?

Good post... a few questions:

How old are you and how old were you when you started the modification process? Are you even remotely interested in, for lack of a better term, a "conventional" career or lifestyle? I'm not judging you (trying not to, anyways), but you clearly have no scruples about how you appear, or more importantly, how you're perceived by others. Has there ever been a time when you thought "shit, I wish this stuff wasn't permanent"? How or why did you get into body modification and the associated lifestyle?

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Pfft. Excuse me but I thought you already had magical powers, you're a mod. Sheesh how much more do you want from life man?!

14. j. walter weatherman

j. walter weatherman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I do have some pictures, if i get un-lazy I will put them up in the tattoo thread. I was 17 when I started my body piercing apprenticeship, and I got my first tattoo that year as well. I do have long-term goals, I am currently looking into some colleges and trying to figure out what it is exactly that I want to do. So the long and short is, I have no fucking idea but I've never had an idea really. The tattoo ink hasn't corroded my brain, I'm just indecisive. I am only 20, and I dig body piercing so I'll continue with that as long as I can, in addition to school.

I am really young to be as tattooed as I am and have received some flak from older members of the modification community initially, people were reluctant to tattoo my neck and hands because it is impossible to find a job with certain areas of your body tattooed. They call knuckle tattoos job stoppers for a reason. I cannot stress enough how important it is to make career and life decisions and take them into account before you would choose to get a visible area of your body tattooed. The decisions I have made are not right for everyone but they have been right for me so far.

One of the studios I was working in closed down unexpectedly (owner was a drunk and never paid the bills, could write a book about all the shady shit I have seen and sketchy people) and I had to start looking for a "normal" job in the interim before another studio position opened up someplace else. The tattoos were the reason I was not hired at probably 20 different shitty places. I would get through all the hoops until it came time for a face-to-face interview and then it turns into "No, we will call you. Thanks for your time!" I am discriminated against, and I am aware of that. Its not upsetting because I chose to do this to myself, I can't bemoan the fate of the world because someone doesn't like the way I chose to look. I accept responsibility for my actions, good and bad.

I had always been interested in tattoos and piercings, I just loved the way they look. I love the way they make people feel about themselves, I love the people I have met because of my tattoos. I have a friend who was already working in the industry, and he agreed to apprentice me and the rest is history. Its next to impossible to break into this industry (like many others, Im sure), and I feel privileged to do something I really enjoy and take pride in.

15. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have one tattoo and only my ears currently pierced. I have had my navel and my left nipple pierced though. My navel was just a bad piercing, wasn't centered correctly and it tore and scarred pretty bad. I got it done when I was 18, haven't worn jewelry in it in about 8 years and it just recently closed up. I loved my nipple for the first 5 years but I was starting to lose sensation so I took it out almost 2 years ago. (I'll put a pic in the boobie thread since I'm not sure if I can tag an attachment NSFW)

My tattoo is on my right hip/butt cheek and just barely peeks out over bikini underwear. I didn't go in and pick something generic, I drew mine (it's two lilies) and it means something to me. I have a second tattoo in mind as well for the left side of my ribcage.

My ex had (has?) a Prince Albert. The only time I could feel it was if we were fucking doggy or if I was on top facing his feet and it would occasionally hit my G spot. I don't know if it's the nature of the piercing or just his, but not only did he pee out of two holes, he came out of two as well.

16. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that dude that did the dragon penis with the piercing serving as the eyeball did for the tattoo what Pantera did for metal. It was pretty much all downhill after that.

Go big or go home, BigTom.

I saw a guy the other day. He had his whole head covered with permanent pictures. I said to myself the same thing as about the girls who wear too much makeup. "Don't judge, Nitwit. Somewhere underneath that mess is a real person that's only slightly more fucked up than you."

Me? No tattoos and no piercings.

Attached Files:

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The back door?

18. skydive1973cdr

skydive1973cdr
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I will be 37 this month and have never had a tattoo/piercing (other than my ears).

After my brother and my dad died, I waited a few weeks and, about a month ago, walked into a small shop in Memphis and had their dates of birth put in a very small, private spot that only I and my husband see. I had it done in Arabic so that it wasn't readily identifiable because, for me, it had nothing to do with attention seeking or anything of that sort. It was something I felt very strongly about and wanted to do it to ... honor? ... two men I loved very much.

My husband asked me afterward if it made me feel better and the answer was most definitely 'yes'. It was inexpensive and extremely cathartic for me, though I couldn't readily tell you why.

Now, it was a bit awkward when my toddler crawled into bed with me, found it and screamed indignantly, "MOMMY! Someone drew on your back!"

I work with some girls who have tattoos on the back of their necks, hands, wrists, etc. Would I ever get one in such a personal place? No. Does it bother me or make me think less of them? Absolutely not. They're some of the greatest people I know and whether or not they have tattoos or piercings doesn't change that, at all.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

As most of you know I have my right nipple pierced. I also have a small stud in my nostril. I used to have a vertical hood piercing but took it out a little over a year ago. With the exception of my nostril piercing, I chose my piercings based on pleasure. I had actually had my nipple pierced before but took it out after a few years and almost immediately regretted it (of course I decided I wanted to put it back in after it had closed back up) so I got it redone this April. It's my favorite piercing by far, it definitely makes things more sensitive. The hood piercing was nice for a while but then I just got tired of it. I'm actually more sensitive since I took it out, so it was worth getting for that alone.

I have four tattoos, all fairly small and only one visible. My wrist is the only one I have to be careful with at work, this is easily solved by a watch or, this time of year, I'm wearing a jacket anyway so no problem. I have a picture of the one on my back in the tattoo thread, it's only visible with some of the tops I wear in the summer or a bathing suit. Also I have one on my foot and a small one on my left hip/lower stomach. The latter of which I may regret if I ever change my mind and decide to have kids.

As it stands I don't regret anything I have. Mostly I just got them because I like the way they look. I'm also a bit of a bibliophile, hence the quotes. I didn't get them to look cool, impress anybody, or to appear unique. I got them because I wanted them and that reason alone.

20. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're confusing me with Frank in the thread where we talked about being broke bastards. Although I often don't have much spending money, I'm not anywhere near the point of going hungry, at least not anymore.

In either case I only paid for one tattoo. Either way, this is still the medium of choice for my reminders. You can delete a file, burn a journal, or lose a photo(which I've done all of the above). As emo or stupid as it may be to you or others, my ink, it is there for me to see forever, never to be forgotten.