Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Preacher

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I remember the Saint slaughtering cops and being on the run early in the series. But they've already foreshadowed the "in-laws" with that genius aquarium shot, and that I cannot wait for.

Tulip is getting more screen time and new stories because the actress was given an Oscar nomination this year, so they're exploiting it. But she kills it in every scene so why carp?

#21 Crown Royal, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've started binging the first season and all of my fears were washed away in the first scene.

"I AM THE MESSIA......*explodes over congregation*

Pure Garth Ennis. They may be deviating from the comic, but they have the tone of the story down perfectly.

Also, the scene where

They have that huge fight in the motel and Deblanc, Fiore's and whatsherface's bodies just keep piling up and piling up and piling up is just pure gold

I'm really interested to see what twists and turns the story takes but it seems like they are setting up future story lines pretty well.

The "a bad lady gave me that tattoo" is setting up

Marie, Jody and TC pretty well

And the small references to The Grail (in season one anyway) are keeping me hooked.

I'll be interested if they keep in the side stories like the Reaver Cleaver, Jesus de Sade, the sex investigators, etc. Given how shows like this and American Gods are stretching the content as much as possible, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

New season is already shaping up to be the best one yet. I’m loving every episode, new casting is terrific.

4. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tulip is a badass, Jesse is a bit of a dumbass, but every scene with Herr Starr is outstanding.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Definetly the best season yet. The new comic characters and the casting for them have been perfect. Starr, Eccarius and Hitler devour the scenery every second they’re on screen.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Satisfying season finale. The final two episodes really went all out, and gave better homage to the comic than anything since season one.

Hoping for a season 4. If it happens, I’m guessing they’ll make it the final one.

7. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

PREPARE BITCHES!!!!

8. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Hmm...does anyone know when the new Preacher episodes are becoming available on Amazon Prime? All the google searches I've been doing have just told me when they're airing in India, UK etc. I thought it was 24 hours after the showing on AMC.