Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Planking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LessTalk MoreStab, May 15, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They best not be fucking with my awesome eucalyptus epsom salts.

That would be the last straw... I mean, how's a guy supposed to enjoy a nice hot tub without them?

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These geniuses are snorting something that is also: The same chemicals in the so-called ‘bath salts’ have also been sold as plant food, pond scum cleaner, and insecticide.

I can't believe there are people dying, fucking morons.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey with the obesity epidemic getting as bad as it is, people may well need to be bathing themselves with pond scum cleaners and insecticides. Although the plant food would seem to counter act the pond scum cleaning.

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree completely. I just figured out what planking was a couple days ago, and my reaction was "oh, weird" then I got back to my daily business. Planking doesn't really interest me, but I'll be honest, I'm probably going to try it next time I'm drunk.

It seems like people become "anti-fans" of things like this just to separate themselves from the hardcore fans: "if they're lame for loving it, we're cool for hating it."

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what's worse than planking?

People who bitch about other people bitching. The irony is lost on them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go plank it.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think people are looking at this all wrong. It's the biggest opportunity to watch idiots totally FAIL in public.

Just watch them attempt to "plank", watch them fail, potentially die, and laugh all your way home, knowing that we're effectively thinning the herd.

We need to come up with more stupid ideas like this to speed the process up a bit.

7. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

But see, I don't look at it as bitching, or me being "cool" 'cause I see it as retarded.

It's fucking people just... laying on shit. And that's... fun?

'Hey look everybody- I'm a piece of wood, chuckle-chuckle! Take a pic so I can tweet it, yo!"

We are literally watching Idiocracy come to life.

8. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Personally, I'm waiting for someone to "plank" in a Snuggie. Is that against the rules, or do they put it on backwards?

9. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

If you put a Snuggie on backwards, it's just a robe, dude.

10. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think planking is dumb, but it hasn't harmed me, so I don't have anything against it, really.

But I also know that one day, I will run into someone planking in a place that I need access to, and on that day I will kick them very hard in the ribs and tell them to get their douchebag hipster ass out of my fucking way.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

THAT is worth posting.

12. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd bet my life that planking is statistically less dangerous than taking a shower.

There's tens of thousands of pictures on the facebook planking group and only one person has died. Can you not find your own hobbies or self-interests that do not revolve around positioning yourself above other people in your mind?

13. nogro

nogro
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I`m just trying to reconcile the fact that as an upstanding member of society of moderate intelligence with an interest in music and literature, I find this absolutely hilarious. This activity truly defines "non-sequitor".

14. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

While you are busy defending the safety of people laying on shit (and the fact that this needs defending makes me sad for the entire human race- who gives a flying fuck is laying on shit is dangerous? I hope everyone who ever lays (lies? laid? lay?) on a table in jest dies of table-poisoning), I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the fuck this is funny.

I guess we've finally found out who paid for the careers of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. Isn't getting hit in nuts hilarious?!?!

15. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Australian media have been all over this lame planking craze like shit to a blanket.

16. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sounds like natural selection at work.

17. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the closest to the missionary position these people will ever get.

18. Gargamelon

Gargamelon
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

That taking pictures of yourself lying down on objects became this popular is stupid. Yes. But the act itself is about as dumb as... any of the other dumb shit people do when they're drunk.

On a smaller, inside joke scale, I could see this being funny with a group of friends -- at least momentarily. Hey, we take pictures of ourselves lying down precariously! We were so wasted! WOOOOOO!!! Seriously, can none of you admit these look kinda funny? For a forum of people called the idiot board, y'all have pretty high standards.

But that's beside the point-- you're just mad at the "annoying hipster douchebags" who all embraced it so very passionately. And probably the stupid news coverage of it. Fair enough.

But really, we've all laughed at way, way dumber stuff. Or at least I have. Hey, look at my avatar!

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When planking are you supposed to be erect?

On one hand, a flaccid penis will adhere better to your tight clothing.

But a turgid sex organ better represents the spirit of planking.

20. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is basically my stance. There have been more stupid fads, and there will continue to be more stupid fads.

Also interesting that on the other story I read about this, about 80% of the pictures were Dutch in origin. What's up with that?