Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Pearl Jam 20

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by upgrayedd, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

They recently added PJ20, the Cameron Crowe-directed Pearl Jam documentary that came out this year. If you are a fan of the band, it's a must watch.

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it a good story? I mean, I'm not a fan of their music, but is it a good portrayal of the band? I like backstory and what not even if they aren't my music

3. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In short, yes. Granted, I'm extremely biased but I watched it with some people like you and they said afterward "Wow, I didn't realize it was like that".

There is a pretty good amount of footage and interviews that describe the Seattle scene as it was happening. Also, hearing how the band was "born" from the members and others (Cornell) is pretty good as well. It also focuses on how much the band really respects and appreciates their fans. They delve a little into how some songs originated, too.

I'm willing to bet if you watch the movie, you still might not like their music, but you will understand and respect what they've been doing for 20+ years.

4. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Aaand I'm an idiot. Meant to post this in the Netflix thread. My fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.