Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Pavlov's dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fleafly, Jun 2, 2011.

1. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I found a soundboard for Portal and Portal 2.

Therefore, my phone tells me "Hello! Imbicile!" and generally insults me Glados style (which is appropriate as I had a fear of Droid phones for a while).

I have one client in particular that fucking drives me insane. They are the only one with a custom ringtone, and it's Glados dying (yelling "No! No! Nooooooooo! Ahhh!"

I only keep my phone on vibrate unless I'm at home.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work in an office by myself. During a normal office day, nobody hears my phone but me. The default is the "old phone" bell, and I have favorite songs set for different friends.

My text tone is the sonar ping.

I have to drive a good bit to job sites, and setting it to vibrate makes it harder to notice an incoming call in my truck. (And, I don't do ear pieces, Bluetooth or otherwise.)

When I am meeting with clients or other professionals, I set it to vibrate.

So, see there, you both learned that you can be a professional and have ringtones. Not everybody works in the same environment as you.

Edit: to add. I always thought Gob's ringtone was so funny. I had the Final Countdown as my ringtone for a friend for a long time.

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a girl in my office who has a ringtone of some excruciatingly retarded emo song that gets increasingly louder and louder if she doesn't pick up her phone--to the point that it becomes blaring. She is never in her office when the phone rings, so I hear this shit all the time. I have dreams of choking her with that phone.

I'm with Nick, Sack, et al, regarding ringtones. If I ever have my phone off vibrate, which is rare, is on "Ringer 1" or whatever default ringtone it came with. I absolutely never have my ringer on in the office.

The only custom tone I have used is for my alarm. Since I use my phone to wake me up every morning, and the alarms that come with it are ear-splitting, I've chosen something much better that's also proved to be a relatively relaxing way to start my day.

#23 effinshenanigans, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. eric

eric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Its probably going to peg me as a Jack Bauer fanboy, but I've had the 24 ringtone on my phone for a few years now.

#24 eric, Jun 3, 2011
  5. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It puts the phone on vibrate or it gets the hose.

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't youtube from work, but my current ringtone is Ironside, which is from an old 60's TV series of the same name, but is much more recognizable as the siren-type sound from Kill Bill whenever she encounters someone she plans to kill.

Before that it was the noise of TARDIS from Doctor Who

I tend to go with sounds that are repetitive but not necessarily an actual ring. I don't think anyone cares about the first ten seconds of a song but occasionally its cool to hear a sound effect ringer. Except the Transformers sound which everyone and their brother seems to have.

My ringer is always off in the office.

7. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been using the same ringtone for about 8 years now. Tony Sopranos ringtone.

8. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Side Topic: I set my iphone to wake up to the first 30 seconds of this classic:

#28 Degenerate, Jun 3, 2011
  9. misnomer

misnomer
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I had that one too. I generally agree with how shitty most custom ringtones sound, (especially songs, holy shit) but the Ironside piece kicks ass.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad I'm not alone with this.

I have no idea what my ringtone is set to. About once every few months my phone gets accidentally switched off vibrate and I get a call before I notice. I'm usually looking around wondering who the idiot with the shitty ringtone is.

I find most ringtones incredibly annoying. Any actual notification sounds (like an actual ring, or a chirp or beep) sound normal but songs and movie quotes and stuff are just irritating. There are about four songs in the world that are awesome enough that they should be a ringtone and sound over and over again, and none of them are your ringtone.

A temp at work had his text message notification set to the entire monologue where Will Ferrel does his "I like scotch..." bit. First off, Ferrel is an idiot. Secondly, you have a ringtone that's 20 seconds long, going off about every minute and a half. After the second day of it, he left his phone unguarded and I deleted the sound file from his phone. It was that or murdering him and hiding his body in the server room.

11. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You couldn't just let him go? He was a fucking temp.

12. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have custom ringtones for the people who call me the most so I know who it is and can decide if it's worth answering without taking it out of my pocket. When I was in class or if I'm working, I set the phone to vibrate and don't answer it unless it's my wife or the kids' school.

I have software that can make any song into a ringtone, so I pick songs that are representative of the person.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have the beginning minute or so of Metallica's Wherever I May Roam. Awesome piece of music.

But I'm with some of the above with the 90% of the time, it's on vib.

#33 Diablo, Jun 4, 2011
  14. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. Not even on weekends or when I'm not at work. My shit is set on vibrate 24/7 unless I'm expecting an important phone call. Even then, it's a classic phone ring. Ring tones make my head want to explode.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like most my phone is usually set to vibrate, but my ringtone was this,

Now that I just got a new cell phone, I've been considering changing it to something a bit classier

#36 bebop007, Jun 4, 2011
  17. amjoyce

amjoyce
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I get to headbang every time I get a call.

Emails

For texts I just get the "I'm here" portion of Arnold.

#37 amjoyce, Jun 4, 2011
  18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately, he wasn't my temp.

19. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My iPhone has the intro riff to "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden, although I'll probably change it up shortly after I get back. Previously I had the intros to "Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys (I use that one during college football season) and "For Whom The Bell Tolls".

The shitty Nokia phone I use in country has one of the default ring tones (because I wouldn't be able to add a custom one even if I wanted to), I think the Samba one.

Ringtones are one thing, but I want to kill people that set their phone to play music on the line instead of the ringing sound when someone calls them. I have a buddy/former roommate who does this (set to some shitty country song of course) and it fucking infuriates me.

20. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a few seconds of morse code for text messages. Ringtone is usually a random song. I make my own ringtones, fuck buying them.