Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Parks and Recreation

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rudolph, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Can't believe there isn't a topic for this already.

Anyway, when this show first started out I was mighty skeptical. The first 6 episodes from the spring didn't really grab me, though seeing the inner workings of a small government was a good setting for a comedy. However, ever since coming back this fall it's been a VERY good show, with Ron being the breakout start of the show. Here's an article that Slate posted that sums up my feelings pretty well.

2. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This week's episode wasn't one of their better episodes, mainly the whole bs "she's having an affair with the city counsellor?!?!?!!"

3. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

True, but the B plot with the other people trying to handle all of Leslie's work was pretty funny. Ron's "kill me" had me laughing, and Andy and April's weird little thing that they've got going on is funny. "I've been thinking about your gay boyfriend all day."

4. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I think this show is awesome. I remember seeing commercials for it when it first came out and thinking it would be dumb. I finally watched an episode about a month ago and I was hooked. Ron's negative look on government is hilarious. Almost everything Andy says makes me chuckle. And for some reason I am really attracted to April. I want to marry her.

5. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

6. Jerebko

Jerebko
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

The Aziz Ansari stand-up album is well worth it. Just for the R. Kelly finale.

7. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Thanks for the heads up on this, did not sound appealing when it first came out but it has definitely grown on me.

Gotta say I loved the Kaboom episode as I took part in a build and they pretty much got the leaders and workers spot on.

Also gotta love it when G.O.B (Will Arnett) stops by to wreak a little havoc.

8. Liberace

Liberace
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ron Swanson is the best character on TV right now. The episode "Ron and Tammy" is great. Real life married couple play divorced couple.

Ron on Tammy

It seems like the writers gave Ron and Tom more focus and storylines in Season 2, as they know they are the best draw of the show.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Totally agree. Ron rocks, and is the best part of the show.

10. Liberace

Liberace
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Another solid episode. DJ Roomba, the turf & turf, Shoelaces the dog, Deep Blue Sea DVD extras...This show is absolutely destoying the other three NBC shows on Thursday night in originality and humor. The Office is okay and 30 Rock is just excruciating to get through now.

11. Liberace

Liberace
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Found this link: offermanwoodshop.com. Nick Offerman apparently has his own legitimate woodshop company. Just when you thought this guy couldn't get any awesomer.

12. stcardsfan

stcardsfan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yeah, this is slowing starting to become one of my favorite shows out right now. Ron and Tom are killing it. I'm very glad I stuck with it after a 'meh' first season.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As if the "Turf and Turf" wouldn't already become one of my favorite things,

14. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Was this show on last season? I vaguely remember there being a few plugs for it during the Office. I actually look forward to seeing this show every week...even moreso than the Office or 30 Rock, and those 2 used to be my weekly staples.

The MRI/date scene was hillarious.

"Are you on your period?"

"No. Does that matter?"

"Not for this."

15. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Paul Schneider (Mark) is leaving Parks and Recreation to pursue his film career.

Adam Scott and Rob Lowe are supposed to be joining the cast next season with his departure.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/416601_tvgif14.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/416601_tvgif14.html</a>

Rob Lowe? Really? That guy just brings the unfunny no matter where he goes. Guess this one is jumping the shark early.

16. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hopefully he doesn't become a permanent cast member. Rob Lowe is a guy that only ever plays Rob Lowe.

The episode from last week where Leslie has a picnic with the former heads of the Parks dept. was pretty damn good. Ron's insatiable lust for bacon had me rolling, and Andy & April relationship looked like it might be going somewhere until he realized she's only 20 years old. Sad...

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard."

I love Ron.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, some time in the past week, Adam Carolla had Nick Offerman on his podcast.

I quite enjoyed it, as it talked a lot about his woodworking, building a canoe, and not the typical hollywood interview crap.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2010/04/28/adam-and-nick-offerman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2010 ... -offerman/</a>

But yeah... Ron is one of the best characters on TV.

I just wonder if he was in a band in real life, as Ron appears to have been in the last episode.

And I still want to make my own DJ Roomba.

19. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is that bacon on your turkey leg?

They call it a Swanson.

20. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed