Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ozark

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Season three starts March 27th. They got rid of two annoying villains and one good one last season, it looks like the story has arrived where I’ve wanted it to now.

2. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just found this show last week and I’m now caught up to season 3 episode 3. I fucking love the character arcs so far, seeing Wendy step up has been intense.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love this show.

Darlene disgusts me and I literally almost puked when
    she and Wyatt started making out.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She looks like a mussel that left it’s shell, got washed up on shore and died in the sun.

5. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just finished the finale. Holy hell, what a final scene!

Also, we went on a bike ride yesterday and I’m now wondering which storefront is laundering money and what are they doing during quarantine. I have an active imagination at times.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Best season yet. It has improved with each season so far, even Charlotte has matured in leaps and bounds since last season. The insane family dynamic itself is the most compelling thing about the show, and how their world is transforming them into sociopathic underworld entrepreneurs.

Episode 9 is hands down the most devestating episode of the series. Tom Pelphry as Ben (Bunker from “Banshee”) needs to win all the awards. His mental deterioration throughout the season was way too fucking real.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He played the bipolar thing very very well. Complete with the childish arrogance of thinking they know better or how to fix things. A little bit of hero complex in there.

I knew the minute he set foot in the Byrd’s house, he was a dead man. No way someone like that can exist in that kind of world.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He NAILED it. The impulsive decisiveness, the explosively violent tantrums, the babbling.... I don’t know how he prepared for the role, but it must have been a dark lesson.

9. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I’ve known several throughout my life with bipolar and he presented it perfectly. I’ve been working day to day with a young man with bipolar and he was nailing the tiny indications.

I’m concerned about Jonah and how this is going to affect him. He’s one of my favorite characters because he reminds me of my son a bit. The new alliance between Darlene and Ruth should prove intense next season.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hot damn. Hyped for Season 4, finally, out today. (First 7 episodes to be released now, next 7 at a later date.)

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, anybody watch these? I quite enjoyed them. Some intense stuff. Looking forward to the Part 2 wrap up.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, we do and so do many of our friends. Great show, and I agree this season is intense. Plenty of twists, and man do I really hate some of these characters. Looking forward to part 2.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I keep hearing about it, and mean to watch it, but haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

14. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've watched the first 4 episodes and I'm really loving the relationship between Marty and Ruth. The character development in this show is excellent, imo.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ETA: The spoiler below is a major spoiler. Do not click if you haven't watched.

I agree. In episode 7,
    the vitriol she directs at him when she thinks he may have killed, or had Wyatt killed
    is so hard to watch. I expect Julia Garner to win her third Emmy for this season.

#15 Rush-O-Matic, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  16. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She is fantastic in this. I so badly want to see her in something else to see if she has range

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's going to be the lead of Inventing Anna on Netflix, starting next Friday.

18. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just finished the first 7 episodes and OHMIGOD...I didn't think I could become a bigger fan of Ruth, but wow...just wow. I saw an interview with her where she said she was happy with how the show ended, and thinks the fans will be too, so I have high hopes for the rest of the season. Do we know when the next 7 are coming out?

Also in this interview, she hinted at a Ruth spin-off, as well as her playing Madonna in a biopic. I'm not sure how I feel about a Ruth spin-off, but I guess we'll see.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think they've publicly announced a release date yet, but they did say in 2022. Probably this Summer?

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if they wait until AFTER May, the 2nd part of the season would then be eligible for the 2023 Emmy Awards, so they could technically nominate both parts of each season for different years.