Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Outsourced

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not sure how many people are watching the show, but I find it funny as hell.

Sure, it's about as politically incorrect as you can find on network television, but it's funny.

As was pointed out to me by another board member, it's based on a 2006 flick called, surprisingly enough, Outsourced. The movie is very good, too, and well worth watching.

The show follows the movie premise pretty closely, too.

Anyway, the show tonight had me laughing solid for the first 5 minutes.

Anyone else watching this?

#1 Nettdata, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Supremely under-rated show. The movie was brilliant, and the show has carried the wit and charisma over. It just doesn't seem to have a tenth of the promotion necessary for continuation. In fact, I would never have heard of the show, if Hulu hadn't promoted it in a "If you like this, you'll also like..." type of thing.

Only a notch below Community in hilariousness. Once you get the Indian humor component, that is.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I fear it'll become another Better Than Ted.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seems likely, I've already heard rumors of some of the leads being cast in other Pilots. Not that that's anything groundbreaking for an on-the-bubble show.

For what it's worth the Asha in the show is WAY hotter than the one in the movie, but Pippa is WAY hotter than both of them combined.

Good to see Diedrich Bader as a regular on something again, and he is hilarious. Better than when he was on Drew Carey, IMO.

Non Youtube video clip, check it out anyway: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.clevver.com/tv/video/244526/outsourced-video-clip-learning-america.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clevver.com/tv/video/244526/ ... erica.html</a>

Just click it. Oh, and here are the girls in it:

The quiet sexy:
    [​IMG]

The current and supremely hot Aussie girlfriend:
    [​IMG]

The indian possible future love interest:
    [​IMG]

Now granted, these are not the best pics of the girls in question, feel free to put up better ones...

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

She Dingo'd my baby.

Hahahahahahaha! That whole scene almost made me piss myself laughing.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just found out that NBC has cancelled the show.

<a class="postlink" href="http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/nbc-cancels-the-event/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/nbc-c ... the-event/</a>

Damn.

I know it wasn't talked about much around here, but I found it to be genuinely funny and hilarious.

Fuckers.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched a few episodes of the show. I just didn't find it funny at all and don't think I laughed once during any of the episodes.

However, NBC's show The Big Bang Theory I find hilarious and don't miss an episode. It definately was the wrong time to try a show about Indians taking jobs from North America.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That sucks, I liked it too, I didn't post in this thread since I'm always a few episodes behind, but I definitely enjoyed the show. On the plus side it looks like all the episodes are on Hulu now.