Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Orgasmic Meditation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

In keeping with the sex theme on new threads...

My Twitter feed popped up with an article on something called "Orgasmic Meditation" a few weeks back. Regrettably, I can't find that original article. It was well-researched and written from an observer's perspective. This term is also associated with a company called One Taste, helmed by a woman named Nicole Daedone. It is also known as, "The fifteen minute female orgasm."

Link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/i-did-it-for-science/i-tried-orgasmic-meditation-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/i-did-it- ... ditation-0</a>

Tim Ferriss actually explains it fairly well in his book, The Four Hour Body. In a nutshell:

- The purpose of the process is not sex. Nor is it actually achieving orgasm. The purpose of the process is to uncouple orgasm from sex. As Ferriss puts it, all the components of sex (kissing, caressing, positions, etc) are great; however, they can sometimes distract females from the effort many require to orgasm. This is a practice, not an event. Kind of like athletes train, it's a way for partners to get in touch with the woman's body and through that potentially orgasming.

- The process is timed (15 minutes) so that it can have a beginning, middle and end. Kind of like a yoga class.

- It takes two. This isn't something a chick can do on her own. The point is to surrender to the moment.

Having said all this, One Taste and the idea of Orgasmic Meditation has the markings of a cult. At the very least, they're trying to do what Bikram does to yoga: take a centuries-old process and copyright it so that you can sell it to the masses. That's why I bring up Tim Ferriss...at the very least, all he's interested in is a woman's orgasmic potential, not the rigid steps of some brainwashing cult.

Focus: Have you ever had any experience with this? Thoughts on being able to orgasm for 15-minutes?

Alt Focus: Interesting orgasm stories or techniques, I guess.

Heads up:
    I've already noted that One Taste are, at best, a leetle bit creepy. It's entirely possible to spend six or seven pages lambasting the kooks. While a certain amount of "Geez, are these guys nuts?" is expected, let's not make it the focus, mmkay?

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a man, I can't fathom orgasming for 15 minutes.

3. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I picture a woman hunching herself across the floor the way a dog drags her ass across the living room.

4. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Well, I've been waiting for other ladies to chime in first, but I guess I'll just go ahead and say it. For me, I find that, once I've knocked out, say, 2-3 orgasms it's pretty easy for further orgasms to last several minutes. If I just ride out the wave and keep going instead of letting it dip, I can sustain it for a good length of time. I haven't exactly been setting a timer or anything, but if I had to guess a typical long orgasm for me lasts maybe five minutes or so? And sometimes if it's just one of those super-multiple-orgasmic nights there can be a couple in a row with a short time in between where it kind of feels like just one really long orgasm - which I kind of suspect is more like what these people are feeling when they practice the technique in the article (which does not sound like something I would be at all into or that would even work for me - one very tiny motion over and over and over again? No, thank you).

It's happened a couple time thanks to other people, but more often than not I'm lucky to have one orgasm with a partner, let alone the several orgasms in a row that would lead to a really long one. I couldn't really tell you what it is that I do or that's different about how I'm masturbating when it does happen, but every now and then I'll just be in the right mood and my body's being really cooperative and I have an hour or two to devote to masturbating (thanks, insomnia!) and I'll just totally give myself the business where it ends up truly feeling like the meditative, out-of-body, spiritual experience that those people are selling. Then, of course, this always gets followed by a series of masturbation foibles where I have really bad sex with myself for the next several tries and there's really no worse feeling. So, sadly, I won't be leading any seminars any time soon.

5. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find the strongest orgasms I have are a direct result of sleep deprivation. I have no explanation for this, but when I orgasm after two nights without sleep, I can see God, and He is jealous.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have huge nutty loads and wonderful times while on NyQuil. But I don't think I'll ever want to, or will ever try a 15 minute orgasm. I spend 20-30 minutes trying to get the 30 second nuts I get now. This is some interesting shit. I dated this girl awhile ago who after getting warmed up, having a few penis induced orgasms, she could make herself come to high heaven, losing her goddamn mind by crossing her legs together really tightly and just squeeze. She'd literally pass out after.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried listening to some meditation "songs" that were supposed to induce lucid sex dreams.

Fucking epic.

I did it four nights, and the first night I couldn't even finish listening to the tracks. My dick was hard enough to drill for oil. The second night was much the same, but it led to a fantastic night's sleep. The third night I had dreams that were sexual and peaceful, and I woke up with morning wood. The fourth night I finally had actual sex dreams.

I haven't really done it recently, because it requires some attention and for me, it meant I was in bed but couldn't sleep for an hour or so. It was halfway between meditation, which works spectacularly for me, and masturbation. The "music" was just some ambient noise and a woman's voice giving instructions on how to imagine her body, sex acts and the sensations of sex with a new partner.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And these songs would be where? This sounds interesting as hell.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll try and look for the same site I used, but look on reddit for "erotic hypnosis". It'll turn up.