Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Orange Is the New Black Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Frebis, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone plow through this yet? I love this show, but this season was a little heavy on the social commentary for my liking. We get it, you shouldn't abuse the mentally ill. Private prisons are bad...

I'm curious about how the cliff hanger ends. Everyone hates that officer. I think a riot is happening no matter what.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Piper's wanna be badass 3 episodes almost had me quit the show. I actually thought the build up to the protest in the end was the best part of the season. It at least took the story somewhere, much more than I can say about Silicon Valley's go nowhere, yet still hilarious, season.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I forgot about Piper's mean streak. Boy did they ever teach her a lesson by "opening that window".

4. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wentworth is a much better women's prison show.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If that show didn't do social commentary, I think that would be disingenuous. The end of the penultimate episode made me think about how something like that could happen, and the final episode made me think about how what is spun out to the general public is almost never what actually happened.

I coulda done without the Judy King/Yoga Jones/Luschek threesome, though. That was uncool.