Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

One week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noland, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, I'm curled up in bed this morning with Mrs. Noland, bemoaning the fact that morning sex is a long lost formerly common activity as the children thunder down the stairs and she asks what I want to do today.

"Send the children to your parents' house and go to The Islands for a week."

FOCUS: Right now. Drop what you're doing. What would you do? Where would you go?

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

P.S. Anyone making non-clever Barenaked Ladies references in this thread will be banned.

Attached Files:

3. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Within reason: about 85% of the time, especially as nice as the weather has been lately, the answer to that question would be to head to the nearest bar/restaurant that has a decent patio with The Girlfriend and sit and drink cold beer for hours.

Less within reason: head towards the nearest concert of either of my two favorite bands, Phish and Umphrey's McGee, depending on which one is touring at that time.

4. vex

vex
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As cliche as it sounds, I would go on a cruise. I've traveled plenty in the last few years but my job keeps me plugged in, even on vacation. I would really want to be in a carefree environment where I am pretty much forced to relax. I don't care where the ship is sailing, I just want to be on a deck looking over the vast expanse of the ocean while sipping a bloody mary. Sunshine? Pool? Drinks? Women in minimal clothing getting wet? Great food?

Oh man, I'm going to start planning.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back to Galapagos. In a second.

Fuck did I ever love that place. On the few times where we had daytime travel between the islands, on top of that little catamaran in the sun, might have been as relaxed as I've ever been in my life.

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So a week long Sailor Moon marathon is straight out then?

I'd just stay home, finish the books and projects I have lying around my house that never get touched due to my post-work apathy. I just want the freedom of that time right now.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need the ocean. I want a little island somewhere, where I can lay around and drink and smoke bowls. A little reggae may suit the mood.

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd go buy a motorcycle and ride it wherever the hell I wanted.

9. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would hop on the bike and run up and down the Cherohala, Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Skyline Drive all week.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it is winter time I would be sitting in a condo in Steam Boat Springs, boarding all day, hot tubbing and drinking all night.

If it was summer, I would go somewhere warm, but not balls to the wall hot and golf.

11. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much the same for me. Except if it's summer I'm heading down to Chile or Argentina to ski.

12. Mild Sedative

Mild Sedative
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What really sticks out is that I'd be able to drop what i'm doing. I wouldn't need to go anywhere special to feel a huge weight off my shoulders. Just to not have all of the responsibilities. Free time is becoming rare these days.

13. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would head home to Vancouver to watch Round One of the NHL playoffs and take in the atmosphere head-on.

Instead I'm stuck in the Prairies listening to idiotic Flame's fans tell me how the Canucks will choke in round one.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This. The idea of being able to just relax with absolutely nothing on my to-do list would be fantastic. It doesn't matter where I am.

15. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. I'll take a view of the ocean anytime.

That or get in the car and road trip down south....find a beach and park my ass in the sand.

16. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This. I haven't smoked since I was younger, but if I had a week to myself and could do anything without consequence (within reason, recreating Falling Down is obviously not in the cards) I would book a trip with my girlfriend to wherever she wanted to go, so long as I could play a round of golf every day while stoned as she's doing whatever she wants to do. Go eat an amazing dinner with her somewhere when I'm done and spend the rest of the time doing what we always do: just enjoying each other. Seeing the sights is fine and dandy, but she doesn't get too much time to just decompress and forget about everything for awhile (she's a doctor, seems almost impossible) so a bottle of wine, a stand up special, and 1500ct sheets sounds like a perfect way to accomplish that.

Really doesn't matter where. What I find enjoyable and relaxing can be found almost everywhere. Hell, I'd go to Cleveland if that's where she wanted to go. That my friends, is love. Cleveland. Wow. Can't believe I just admitted I would voluntarily go to Cleveland. Guess I could go see the house that was in A Christmas Story.

17. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

FOCUS: Put the sprinkler on the lawn. And run through with my gym shorts on.

18. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ocean Grove, NJ. Ignore the fact that it's New Jersey, this place is great. We used to go there all the time when I was a kid. If it weren't a dry town, it would be perfect. Otherwise, it's a tiny beach town with lots of shops and an ice cream parlor that makes egg creams and vanilla cokes.

19. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. Specifically, Ka'ena Point, Oahu. Nothingness for miles. I'm reasonably certain that I could spend the entire day baked out of my trees, talking to the rocks and engaging in the most aggressive carnal acts with my lady friend, and nobody would ever catch us.

The part that I've been to would be just to the right of where this picture cuts off. You can get a glimpse of it here. Picture #3 is very similar to what it looked like where I was. It's basically a hiking trail having sex with the Pacific's waves as they crash against the cliffs.

20. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hiking the Appalachian Trail with a bunch of friends and living on the beach in Phuket, Thailand. Both of which are happening in the next 5 years.