Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

On my back with my legs spread Wide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PIMPTRESS, Mar 16, 2011.

?

What is your usual sleeping position?

1. My Stomach

74 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. My Back

26 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. My Side

107 vote(s)
    51.0%
  4. Hand on my dick, butt plug in my ass

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. With Chater (cannot be mixed with option 4)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Lasersailor

Lasersailor
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I sleep on my stomach. But for some reason before I go to sleep, I need to do a full spin, stopping for a few moments at every quarter spin.

Also, if I fall asleep on my back I am plagued by wicked dreams and nightmares.

2. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a pretty big bed snob, as I have posted here several times before. Pillow top mattress, 1200 thread count sheets, big fluffy pillows and a down comforter. In addition to that, I'm also very particular about how I sleep, and I am definitely a side person.

I have four pillows. Two big fluffy ones, one under my head and one that I wrap my arms around. Then two slightly slimmer ones, one that is placed behind my back and then one between my legs. I also prefer the room to be as dark as possible and relatively cold.

I don't particularly prefer the right or left side though, and I will usually flip between the two several times during the night.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sides and stomach. I can't fall asleep on my back, but sometimes wake up that way with one knee bent up perpendicular to the bed (yeah, I don't get it either). I use two pillows, an extra firm underneath a curved memory foam pillow, but I recently switched that one out for a memory foam pillow adapted for sleeping with a CPAP mask (and the CPAP has made a huge difference for me).

We have a king-size bed, so bed-hogging really isn't an issue.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

On the side with a pillow between my knees. If there's company I like to be on the side farthest from the door. Spooning should commence no longer than 20 minutes. After that, go to your sleep position until you wake up for morning spooning. Once I had a boyfriend who held me in a death grip through the night, and it drove me crazy. It's kind of weird waking up and thinking, "Hey. This guy has had me on lock-down for the last 6-7 hours, and I haven't moved an inch."

5. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ever since I watched a report on sleeping patterns on 60 minutes as a kid (family television consisted of that, football or Walker, Texas Ranger), I slept on my right side. The expert claimed it would ease the load on the heart or something. Being susceptible to dubious arguments, I have done it ever since.

If I try to sleep on my back, I feel like my lungs are slowly getting compressed.

6. fertuska

fertuska
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I can't fall asleep cuddling, because the movement of the other person breathing keeps me up. But, I really like touching my man's butt. I sleep on my stomach, looking away from him, huddled in 1000 blankets, half-cuddling the pillow...and totally creeping on his butt with my hand. I always wondered how many other girls do that.

7. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all are weird. I sleep on my back with my right leg slightly cocked out covered in a thin layer of asper cream, my left leg bent at the knee with the foot resting under my back, with my left hand under the pillow propping my head, which is bent backwards, while my right hand shuffles playing cards. It's the only way I can fall asleep.

Usually wake up on my side, grasping my junk. I assume to make sure no one steals it in the night. Good thinking, subconscious brain.

Sleeping with a girl: AAAASSSSSSSSS tuh AAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS. That's pretty normal. Anyone that demands you cuddle them all night long has issues. Anyone that actually wakes you up in the night to whine that you stopped cuddling them to roll over should be set on fire.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

No way Jose. You do realize that's Monster-Under-The-Bed bait right?

Really though I can't have anything hanging over the bed. I never sleep on my stomach. It's back for a bit then to either side. I curl my arms and hands up under my chin. I'm a hot sleeper so limited blankets and normally when I wake I have kicked them almost completely off me leaving only my butt covered.

And I snore from time to time but only if I'm on my left side or back....or drunk.

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't see how anybody could stand sleeping in the bed with me... I talk in my sleep, drool, have hit/kicked bed partners and am a terrible blanket thief.

I rarely sleep on my stomach, but when I do my lower back locks up. (DD's hold your shoulders a good 4-5 inches off the bed) I have to have my arms/hands tucked up above my boobs and my legs are either straight out or both bent with the soles of my feet together.

I'm often the most comfortable on my back but end up on a side (with my top hand between my boobs). If I'm sleeping with someone, we have to be either: 1- him on his back and me on my side with my head on his shoulder/chest. 2- Spooning (me in front) 3- not touching.

I cannot sleep ass touching ass... someone has to scoot over so there's a couple inches of ass space.

I can't sleep face to face either. Seriously, get your face and your hot CO2 out of my breathing area.

10. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can only fall asleep on my back or on my right side. I toss and turn a lot, and before I actually fall asleep I can't stay in the same position for very long, so I sometimes have to lay on my left side for a little while before I go back to my right side or my back. Laying on my left side is just as comfortable as laying on my right side and more comfortable than laying on my back, but for some reason I just can't fall asleep on it.

The only time I lay on my stomach is when I am relaxing for a few minutes. I can't sleep on it at all.

11. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I sleep on my floor (mostly by choice) and I try to assume as neutral a position as possible. Sleeping on my back in the prone position with a pillow tucked under my knees to keep my hips tucked. I usually have a pillow over my face to protect against noise and light. I probably look pretty weird when I'm asleep.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You two should hook up?

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'll often wake up on my back but I seem to only fall asleep on my side. I get kept awake by extraneous things in the bed with me (e.g. other pillows except the one my head is on, a female, etc.) so I'll only sleep alone. I'll only use the duvet when it is cold. I also cannot sleep if it is too hot or if there is a sudden temperature change - the same thing always happens, which is me waking up having an asthma attack. Fun times. I wish I had fucking climate control. Like some others here, no naked sleeping - boxers in summer and long pajama pants in winter, usually t-shirts all year round, unless it's too hot.

Also, I have been known to punch/kick/headbutt in my sleep and often wake up with a new bruise or three. I probably also snore, since both my parents snore like Gatlings.

14. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I sleep on by stomach so I don't choke to death on my own tongue or asphyxiate on my own vomit. Thanks Dad.

15. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Side facing the door. Lower hand under the pillow, supporting my head. Upper hand on my dickal area. A pillow separating my knees, if I've got one.

16. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I have always been a stomach sleeper, and have had intermittent shoulder issues. Switching to back or side has honestly really helped. Something to keep in mind for those of you in pain.

You can go ahead and ignore the second half...

#36 theRookie, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fall asleep with My Guy's wiener in my hand. If he's not on his side or stomach, wiener is in my hand. It's like a security blanket. He's okay with this.

18. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fall asleep with my index finger gently nestled inside his bellybutton. If he's not on his stomach, my hand is cradling his belly and my finger ends up in his bellybutton. Haven't had any complaints thus far, but I am aware that this is weird as fuck.

Yours is funnier, though. Do you actually hold it, or are you just resting your hand on it?

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hold it. It's mine. I feel better with it in my hand when we go to bed. If we're watching Archer I make "pew pew pew" laser noises every time the fat chick talks.
    I also tend to stroke his Twittys as I'm falling asleep.

I'm sure there's something psychological there, but I'm not of a mind to discern it.

20. captainjackass

captainjackass
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm a very heavy sleeper. But it's pretty much only on my stomach.

On my back I just feel vertigo; like I'm staring into the great abyss.

And on the side just feels kinda unnatural --- like my body is just like --- turn on stomach and fall asleep already. Plus you got the whole smooshing one of your arms things.

Yes, being on the stomach is stressful on the neck a bit. I've often wondered how sleeping in a massage-table like setup bed would work. Probably pretty weird. But, to alleviate this a bit, I do the whole slightly bend the leg on the side your head is facing trick. You are on your stomach but it makes your body angle towards the side your head is facing, making your head in more of a neutral position.
    ==============================

Also, people often bring up that saying that people on their stomachs are more "outgoing" while people on their back are "suspicious, and reserved." I guess the idea is that stomach-sleepers have their backs exposed while back-sleepers remain somewhat vigilant.

I never got this, though. I think it's the opposite. When a bomb is going off, you turn your back toward it. You brace yourself, you turn your back on the environment and cuddle up with the earth and bed. That's the stomach sleeper. He's the one trying to protect himself from the elements.

The back-sleeper is the trusting and/or ballsy one. He is leaving his neck and stomach exposed - two key vulnerabilities that reveal his or her trust and security to the outside world.

EDIT: Oh yeah I heard this from psychology. It wasn't about sleep I just put two and two together. From the wiki entry on posture(psychology):
    See? The back sleeper is the secure, outgoing one. He is not protecting his abdomen, neck, and most importantly, genitals. I knew the whole cupping dick/ balls thing would all tie together!