Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

On my back with my legs spread Wide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PIMPTRESS, Mar 16, 2011.

?

What is your usual sleeping position?

1. My Stomach

74 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. My Back

26 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. My Side

107 vote(s)
    51.0%
  4. Hand on my dick, butt plug in my ass

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. With Chater (cannot be mixed with option 4)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a toss up between my side and back, but I think my side is more frequent. I like to hog the covers than twist them around me and between my legs. I also like to sleep near the window with it cracked no matter the temperature. I also absolutely in no way can wear socks to sleep. I also can't sleep without shaving my legs on the regular, my stubble aggravates me.

I'm also very picky about high threadcount sheets and pillowtop mattresses.

2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sleep half on my side and half on my stomach squeezing a pillow and with one legs curled up and one leg straight out. I fall asleep like that and wake up 8 hours later in the exact same position.

3. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sleep like an X. Usually on stomach. Thin pillows are a must, I fucking hate big fluffy pillows. If I'm passed out, then it's an X on my back and lots of snoring I'm told. Only the minimum about of blankets to not freeze.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Side, hand-on-dick. Unless there's a women with me. Then it's hand-on-her-boob. It's not even intentional or sexual, it just goes there like a magnet.

What I think is interesting is that most people have a default door-orientation if they're side-sleepers. Not always the same acorss people and sometimes without rhyme or reason,* but almost invariably, people who sleep on their side will say that they typically sleep either towards or away from the door.

I find this too. I don't know how stomach people do it. The turning of the head always gives me an ache when I wake up.

*Personally, I have a reason: I want to see any would be intruders come in the door, so I at least know who killed me.

5. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm one of the few people that can sleep on his back decently well, which really came in handy when I had surgery and was unable to sleep on my stomach (for a few weeks) and on my sides for several days.

Most of the time though, I sleep on my side. The stomach is fine too, but occasionally leads to a bit of stiffness in the neck. The one unusual thing is that sleeping on my side, I will often extend the arm touching the mattress straight out. Since my arms are exceptionally long, that means I will sometimes have an arm hanging a foot over the bed.

6. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have never fallen asleep in any form except for on my side, usually in some sort of fetal position. It's really fucking annoying. If I could sleep on my back I would be so happy.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went with stomach as I usually wake up on it even if I go to sleep mainly on my side. In between stomach and back is something I tend to do and and this twisted back and neck fucks me all the time with stiffness and pain. I also need to have an arm under the pillow supporting my head. I just need the extra neck and head support I guess. The shitty thing about it is that when sleeping on my side or stomach my head lays directly on the nerve/artery of my arm and I wake up most morning with the dead hand thing going on. Ive never asked my doctor is there are any risk of long term injury if this happens chronically for long periods of time (its been going on for years).

I also tend to sleep facing towards the closest wall. I think it gives me a sense of confinement that comforts me when Im going to sleep. It kind of helps from sensing movement, as I mentioned in the other thread, the more I can sense movement the harder it is for me to fall asleep. When I sleep on the couch I usually turn away from the tv and face the cushions for the same reason. Thinking about it, I guess this could be one of the reasons I can't sleep on my back well. Facing up Im more aware of whats going on in my room, thus can't focus fully on getting to sleep...

8. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always fall asleep on my back. I can't fall asleep for the first time any other way. If I wake up a few hours later I can sometimes fall back asleep on my side but it is rare. I can't sleep on my stomach at all as my neck starts to ache in minutes.

I also like it to be fucking cold in the room, even in the winter.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fall asleep on my side and wake up on my back. If I try to go to sleep on my back, I can't get comfortable. Sometimes, very rarely, I'll go to sleep on my stomach but I still wake up on my back. And I'm usually the person chucking every cover off me except a thin sheet.

Also, no matter how hard I try, I sleep near the edge of the bed. I live alone and sleep by myself in a king size four poster bed, yet I'm wasting 75% of my mattress.

10. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Sleeping is all about the "boys". Guys, really?

You people are nuts. Tell me how you fall asleep without your nuts in either your hand or hers?

Left side, right side, stomach or back; the boys need to know that they are protected and loved.

I cup them in the morning and tell them how special that they are. I wash them gently shortly afterwards.

Gosh, I so love them.

For the sake of TiB, let's never forget the boys. Okay?

11. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For years I've fallen asleep on my stomach, one shoulder under the pillow, my other arm to the side. A thin pillow is a must for this, or else I feel like I'm suffocating myself. Lately I've had a little bit of success with a much fluffier pillow, lying on my side, again with one arm under my head. Regardless of how I fall asleep, I never wake up in the same position. Given the state of my bed when I wake up, I must be acting out a wrestling match in my sleep. Sheets on the floor, against the wall, or tangled around me like the wrappings of a mummy, and the pillow is occasionally nowhere to be found.

Occasionally, especially if it's chillier, I'll curl up on my side with my ass out and one hand between my legs. Not so much cupping my nuts as just covering the shaft. Fuck it, my nuts get enough love in front of the computer. They can go the night without being sleep-fondled.

12. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I sleep on my side. My bed is parallel to the door, and I'm ambivalent as to which way I face the door. It's usually whichever way I find most comfortable before falling asleep. I toss and turn a lot 'cause my mattress is pretty shitty. My bed is length-wise against the same wall as my door. Usually I'll fall asleep with my back against the wall (with a blanket in between). I have 3 pillows and usually end up with one crammed down between the head of my mattress and the wall (mattress is a couple inches shorter than the bed frame). I also sleep with a light blanket balled up on top of my head, covering whichever ear isn't mashed into the pillow, with a little bit tucked around my face covering my eyes. That's a habit from all the night shifts I used to work. It helped to block out the noise people made in the house during the day. Sleep masks usually just annoy me, so it's either the blanket or use a bandanna and sleep blindfolded. If it's too hot for the two comforters I usually sleep with, one will end up between my legs. Almost never will i be able to sleep on my stomach or back in a comfortable manner.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On my right side. A pillow is sandwiched between my right arm and head. Pillow to spoon with, for lack of a better term. Left leg up. Right leg straight. I can't not fall asleep any other way. I started sleeping on the right side of the bed when I was with my ex. Now I can't sleep on the left side because it feels like I'm intruding.

I can't fall asleep on my back because my neck hurts like a motherfucker the next day. Plus I snore like a chainsaw. I once snored so loud I woke my goddamned self up. While on my back. No thanks. No top sheet either, because that shit always gets tangled up in my legs when I sleep. Plus a blanket feels better. Once it gets warmer, I sleep in the nude. Always. In the winter, it's a t-shirt and boxers.

14. bukowskionice

bukowskionice
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Every college student claims "insomnia" at one point or another, but in 2003, I had to see a neurologist for the real thing. In addition to all the fun with meds, one of the small pointers was to memorize every last little detail of a position that actually works (once I found one). The rundown:

-on stomach, head to the left
    -right arm under the pillow, cheek resting on my left hand on top of the pillow, which is in kind of a cupped "C" shape
    -right leg straight
    -left leg bent and brought up, foot resting against right knee (kinda looks like a number 4)

Any girl who I've slept with knows up front that cuddling and spooning is fine with me, but it will always stop roughly 15-20 minutes after she falls asleep. Then it's time to assume the (sleep) position.

15. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right hand side of the bed, 2 pillows at my head and 1 laying parrallel on each side of my body. I then lay on my side, intermittently switching between facing each parrallel pillow. Every partner I have ever had has hated this form of sleeping.

16. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was married, it was butt to butt with his hand reaching back laying on my hip. I liked that.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I used to sleep on my stomach with my hands tucked under me. 2 years ago I had surgery on a disk in my back and had to sleep on my back because of it and have just gotten used to it over time. When the girl is over, we cuddle for about 5 minutes and then resign ourselves to the opposite sides of the bed. I cannot sleep with my arm around or spooning someone.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Particularly in the winter, I usually don't fall asleep without cradling the boys. Although I think it's more about keeping my hands warm than vice versa. I've got a couple of miniature furnaces down there.

Oh, and usually on my side, but I'll flip to stomach and back as well. I'm a man who likes variety.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I sleep on my side in a semi-fetal position. I have my pillow kind of on my shoulder, with my arm up above me. If I also have an additional thin pillow, I'll put it between my knees to help with my lower back problems. The most important thing for me is to have a hard mattress. Even if the mattress is soft but firm, I'll wake up in pain. Sometimes I end up sleeping on the floor.

When my fiance is in town, I prefer sleeping in about the same position, but facing him with my legs forward in between his legs and my head touching his chest. He hates that and prefers spooning.

20. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sleep on my side with my legs slightly bent and my arms hugging a pillow, usually tossing and turning a few times before falling asleep.