Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Olympic Pole Dancing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BL1Y, Feb 23, 2010.

1. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could be wrong, but I remember reading that Golf will be in the next Summer Olympics.

EDIT: Here we go:

"On October 9, 2009 the IOC voted to include rugby sevens and golf on the program for the Games in Rio. The other 26 sports were also confirmed with a large majority of the votes."

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Summer_Olympics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Summer_Olympics</a>

2. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Combining shooting with Moguls would make the greatest winter olympic sport of all time.

3. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Antifocus:

A good friend of mine, who I feel has slightly lost her mind in recent years, got really involved in bikram yoga. The type where you do yoga in a sauna-type environment from what I understand. She is so involved, that she is in India now on a yoga journey and will be there for the foreseeable future.

Anyways, she said her yoga gym or club or whatever are petitioning to add yoga to the olympics. I just burst out laughing. Where's the competition in that?! I mean, gymnastics already involves holding positions for periods of time, except you're in the air and also do flips. Yoga is a shittier version of gymnastics, and there's no way it would pass.

Then again, I did laugh at her when she said she's going to be a vegan, then again when she said she was exclusively dating women, and one more time when she announced she's quitting her high-end salon job to go to India...