Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ohhh Ann Coulter..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CheeseNips, Mar 25, 2010.

1. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't we just have a "who would you hate fuck" thread or something along those lines? I know Ann Coulter is basically a cross between a praying mantis, Bill O'Reilly, and Satan, but fuck it. I'd do it.

Her: Do you have a condom?
    Me: Don't worry, I'll pay for the abortion.

3. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, about that. Canada absolutely did send troops to Vietnam as a peacekeeping force. He's a moron for not knowing that and she was stupid for not making the distinction.

Link

And this was my point. All pundits are histrionic assholes. She's just louder and more obnoxious than most. Like O'Reilly or Olbermann with tits. Since she happens to align with a certain political view that most people here disagree with, we use nonsense like that video to defame her.

4. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ann Coulter is capable of making a lot of sense... in brief spurts. She knows where her bread is buttered, though. She makes a fortune simply by saying incendiary things that her fans may or may not agree with, but warms their hearts in a "HUGGHH! PISS OFF THEM LIBS! HUGGH!*" kind of way. George Will she isn't, but presumably she makes a lot more money than he does.

*=The sound I'm trying to make here is the same as Denis Leary made when doing his "Jesus lives another ten years, turns out like Elvis" bit.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Despite the fact I consider her harmless because she's not smart enough to be dangerous, I hate this woman pretty much more than anybody else I can think of aside from Pat Robertson. When she recently poisoned my hometown with her She Wolf Of The SS self, she told a Muslim student at UWO to "Go ride a Camel". I have never once heard her say anything I would consider insightful, thoughtful or even borderline intelligent. I fondly remember her thoughts on foreign affairs: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them all to Christianity! If you don't agree with we, you're a traitor."

...Jesus, the self-righteous ramblings this dangerously insane stunned cunt spits out.

I think what I disrespect most about her is what she said about my own country, saying that Canadians "Bury their head in the sand" for not supporting the Iraq war or carpet-bombing Cambodia. Just like Canada buried their head in the sand during (especially) World War I, World War II, Korea, Afghanistan, etc. Real fucking pussies, those Canucks.

Whether she was abused as a child or not, I sure HOPE that she was.

Of course, in the end she obviously does it because she's a fake but it sells soap and makes her rich in spite of it all. Many people have bought her weird books, half of them are people that pretty much would laugh if they were told she was dead (like I did when I found out about Jerry Falliwell). If you'd like to see how she did against her rival, she finally went up against Bill Maher in an open debate, where she had her ass handed to her by a comedian (who actually is friends with her, despite the opposite views).

6. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right, but the title of the video is 'Ann Coulter Gets Owned', not 'Two Smug Commentators Trade Convenient Half-Truths." People see what they want to see and lazy information like this is readily available for anyone looking to argue that Pundit W is crazier than Pundit X, or that Pundit Y is more extreme than Pundit Z, etc. It's such a dramatic, incestuous, misleading waste of time. Floating in that lovely gray area between Good and Bad is the bold truth of the situation. All of these people, left and right, need a kick to the solar plexus for playing these idiotic games in the first place.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, yeah, we all saw that episode of House with the former Canadian peacekeeper Vietnam vet with his hand blown off and suddenly became experts about a tiny slice of 40 year old Canadian foreign policy. I'll bet 20 bucks that the CBC host honestly didn't know about that tiny deployment, and I'll bet you a good chunk of change that the majority of the general public, and probably even the majority of the military, have never heard of it either (or at least, not until that episode of House, where even the good doctor was mistaken on this account). Talking about sending troops to Vietnam in the context of asking "Was Vietnam any less containable than Iraq?", when a tiny peacekeeping force was sent after the war was over is not at the same level of untruth as saying that Canada sent no troops to Vietnam. It is, however, 100% accurate to say that Canadian troops did not fight in Vietnam, or that Canada was not involved in the Vietnam war.

This has reminded me when Coulter made those retarded comments that Canadians should be more grateful that the U.S. permits us to continue to exist. Don't you love those little forays into our sovereignty. Michael Moore made a bunch of stupid comments chiding us when the polls indicated that Stephen Harper was about to be elected prime minister (the first time) and thought it was just as moronic. We don't exist at anyone else's permission or ask for someone other country's approval to elect our government.

8. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't resist.

Look, I'm not saying she isn't a moron. She's incalculably moronic. I just don't think she's that much worse than any other talking head who manipulates facts to incite outrage. She might get more attention because she's white, blonde, thin and exceedingly shrill, but deciding where she falls on the spectrum of suckitude is subject to one's personal politics, and how much you actually believe that she believes the shit she says. I think they're all opportunistic shills. All of them. They want to stay on camera and they'll do whatever they have to do to stay there with zero consideration to how they actually think or act. I know that's not news to anyone, but it should bother people more than it seems to.

If we want to have a thread about a political pundit, we should have a thread about all of them. They're all equally deserving of our ire. From Limbaugh to Olbermann to Glenn Beck to Chris Matthews. All of them are equally responsible for the disingenuous pile of fuckslop that is modern broadcast journalism.

9. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The biggest thing that annoys me is how protesters don't realize that protesting something/someone is one of the best ways to make that thing/person popular. Her saying "ride a camel" causes a stir among people who already know her; protesting makes it national news.

I agree she's in the same boat as all crazy pundits from both "sides", but I don't know many that border that close to full on hate speech. And that whole "9/11 firefighter widows have never enjoyed their husbands' deaths more"? The fuck is that? Is that actually representative of ANY political perspective?

That's the other thing, out of all the crazy pundits I've heard (admittedly I don't know many), she seems the least sincere about the crazy she spews. I get the impression that she thinks she's being legitimately funny, which is never a good idea for a republican, let alone a woman.