Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Oh, you hack? HEADSHOT.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by p00g0blin, Mar 24, 2010.

1. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've had my fair share of blown head-gaskets while playing video games, one 'major' instance was smashing my parents computer monitor when I was around 13, playing online... but this shit takes the cake:

CS player gets skull SHANKED

Focus: Discuss how fucked up this is.
    Alt Focus: Share a story of an episode you've had.

2. MainEvent007

MainEvent007
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I disagree. The irony of stabbing a douche bag who uses commando, marathon, and lightweight in MW2 would be perfect.

Well, off to my "Inside the Criminal Mind" lecture.

3. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're just upset I keep getting emergency airdrops on scrapyard and skidrow with that.

Focus: Holy shit, how hard to you have to stab somebody to put a blade that size clear through a skull? It looks like the tip of the blade almost came out the other side, like those Halloween "arrow-through-the-head" hats. Jesus.

4. CheeseNips

CheeseNips
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Dominated....Fatality!

Edit: Thats still pretty fucked up.

5. swagger

swagger
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Guess they didn't realize they had Commando Pro on, hate when that happens.

Think most people would agree that their is nothing else to say than they must be completely retarded. What blows my mind is how lucky he is to be alive. Wow.

Alt Focus: When I was younger a couple of the guys and I used to go play CS in a net cafe. One day we were playing and a bunch of Asian kids walks in, looking all tough. I look around and seems like most of the costumers flees out of the cafe. Apparently these kids were a 'gang' (not really a gang since they were only kids, just a group of fuckheads really). My friend then told me that last time, they had been playing in the netcafe, they had been threatening with knives because they were getting owned in CS. Never understood why the owners let them in after that.

6. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Which is why I hate death streaks and painkiller in particular.

I've seen fights break out outside internet cafe's before but nothing over the top. Well, that is if you consider fighting over CS normal.

7. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

These things happen all the time, especially in China and Korea. I remember reading a story a few years back of a kid setting someone on fire over something that happened in World of Warcraft. His reasoning was he thought he was his mage from the game or something similar. I tried looking it up but instead found this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.switched.com/2009/10/15/boy-set-on-fire-over-video-game-debt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.switched.com/2009/10/15/boy- ... game-debt/</a>

In my four year addiction to World of Warcraft, I've seen some crazy things by some big idiots. One person claiming to have invented Netflix gave me death threats for two weeks because I let everyone in our guild know how bad he was and how he needed to go. Another guy claimed he would hack my parent's identities using my email address from mIRC because I kept killing him in a battleground. Other crazy, less violent things include a guy paying for a few girl's tuition that he never even met outside of the game. Oh, and e-dating is always funny.

The worst thing I've ever done when it comes to video games is punch out my flat screen monitor and break it because of something I cannot even remember from WoW. Man, that game fucking blows.

8. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I played EverQuest for a few years. Believe it or not, I played on the same server as this guy, and was actually an online "acquaintance" of his.

In case you don't want to read the whole thing, basically the guy wigged out and took an axe to two people. He was found wandering naked. Yes, he was that into the game.

On a more personal level, I play once in a while on an emu server. I kicked a guy out of my "guild" for being a douche. He did everything from trying to do ddos attacks on my boards, sent multiple viruses to the guild e-mail address, tried to find out my personal info (which is why everything is under a guild e-mail), talked another guy into stealing from my accounts, etc. He was banned, of course, and it is still a huge joke. Now, had he actually been able to find out where I lived, etc., that might have been a different story. I think I honestly would have been afraid.

9. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

People are fucked up. Seriously, life is this big game where you just try to not piss off the crazies.

This is also the very reason I try to talk shit in beer pong right as I'm shooting, there is not a better feeling, when you make it.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate to be the guy that brings this up, but hasn't there been a shit ton of things like this with WoW, and Everquest? Didn't some guy get jumped because he hit on some girl in WoW? People need to play this shit for entertainment and not like it is real life. Sad thing is people don't even get any monetary income, it's not like they were even in a pro-league.

11. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Since I've been online gaming off & on for about 10 years, I can positively say yes. Another example is on the emu server I play on (population maybe 400ish, so you basically know most people at your "level"). There was a guy I knew, was friendly with, etc., who used to level characters, help get gear, spells, etc.... for female characters. In exchange for cyber. The server admin finally banned him due to the number of complaints about him approaching newer characters with these offers. Now, had this been real EQ or WoW, he would probably still be playing, because the admins wouldn't care. On a small, private server, you're not getting away with that.

The guy had no life outside of the game. No job, lived at home, was online probably 20 out of 24 hours per day. Some people *do* take it too far. Although the one from Saryrn (the first link I posted) is the only one I know to get violent, I could tell story after story about people hooking up online, breaking up online, trying to meet each other in person, one couple who actually did get married after meeting in EQ, etc.

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did nobody else hear about the recent case in Korea where a baby died because their parents were out of the house 20 hours a day at a cyber cafe playing some online role playing game, and would return once a day to feed the baby powdered milk?

Yeah, Koreans.

13. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Actually, they neglected her to play an online game in which they were raising a virtual baby. Link of article

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm not huge on games. I have a Wii that gets played at least a three times a week but Jesus, it it a world really this bad out there? Entire online exisistences? I've never actually heard of these games. What I do know is I used to think "Hero's Quest" was cool back in 1990, but this shit is utterly out of control. Maybe the shitty music nowadays is keeping people from going out.

15. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only online game I ever played was Rouge Spear, which was by all accounts, absolutely awesome. I played routinely enough that I actually joined a team of about 5 guys and competed in small tournaments.

The only rage-inducing experience I had was when my cable modem decided to butt-thumb itself and lag like a motherfucker. One second I'd be inching into position to head shot a guy hiding on the other side of the bunkers level, the next I'd be sitting dead center in the middle of a huge window getting shot in the face wondering what the fuck had happened. I had to replace a keyboard once because of this.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm so pissed I missed the boat on those Tom Clancy games. There were so fucking strategic because one shot one kill most of the time. Anyway, I know kids that took Mechwarrior too seriously when it went online. People would get mercilessly taunted and get into fights, but two nerds fighting over giant robots entertained everyone.

17. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Actually, if you get into the online gaming, it is that bad. Most high end "raid guilds" require anywhere from a 75-95% raid attendance, and with most raiding six days a week, it becomes your life.

I mentioned a couple who met online. She was in California, he was in New Orleans. They became in game "friends", and within a year, he had moved to Cali to move in with her, then they got married, and last I knew had one kid together & were trying for a second. When I played EQ, I did meet several people I played with, but that was more of a, "Hey, I've got a conference in Orlando, anyone wanna meet for drinks?"

On that note, one couple I met in Austin when I was working down there for a couple weeks almost got divorced due to her online "cheating". She was almost ready to leave her husband over some guy she met online, and had never seen face to face. Luckily, they ended up quitting the game & fixing their marriage instead. I do still talk to them, and fortunately they are still not gaming.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst Ive ever had during gaming was breaking two controllers over the final boss of The Bouncer. It was a shitty beat-em-up/wannabe-interactive-story for Playstation 2, it was one of the majorly over hyped E3 games that turned out to be shit upon release. I had beaten the game with two of the three characters but never did end up doing it with the last. Luckily back then controllers didn't cost as much as new damn game.

19. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That reminds me of this clip from the office:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3d_fqDcN1s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3d_fqDcN1s</a>

(embedding was disabled)

20. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I spent more time than I should of playing online games when I was in high school. I put a lot of that time into WoW, and if you've never played it it's kind of hard to explain how involved people can get without sounding totally ridiculous. I was in a top raiding guild (ladies) but I put most my time into the high teir player vs. player, and the amount of drama was unbelievable. There were constant accusations of people exploiting the ladder rankings to get to the top, and when you consider some of the top teams got sponsored and actually paid to play, it got pretty heated. I saw a lot of good internet friendships die there.