Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Oh-Come-All-Ye-Druuuunk-ards! Easter WDT 4/5/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Well, since most of us have a three day weekend starting tomorrow, we might as well get 'ta gettin'.

As for me, I'm sitting in my office right now trying to make a little noise as possible. Why? Because I have a sleeping toddler on the floor next to me. Why? Because my mom (who usually watches him while we are at work) let me know that she was sick this morning as I was walking out the door to drop him off to her on the way to work, leaving us no time to find an alternative.

Today is awesome.

He's been a champ this morning for the most part, but I'm definitely earning some dad-points. Hopefully they have a better exchange rate than Chuck E. Cheese tickets, because I'm shooting for at least some beer and a chinese fingertrap.

Oh well, at least the weekend is full of boiled crabs, fish fries, and fancy pastel clothing. And strawberry beer and wine.

Happy Easter, assholes!
    [​IMG]

(Fair warning now- I know its a religious holiday and all religion is stupid and blah blah blah. We get it, we know, yall are all the smrtest people alive and anyone else who thinks differently are ignorant hicks. But I'm deleting any religion bashing that I see. Go to reddit if you want to partake in that particular circlejerk.)

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who are these "most of us" that you speak of. I can honestly say I have never had a job that had Good Friday as a holiday.

3. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an 8pm deadline tomorrow, but luckily I can at least work from home on it. Then a bachelor party on Saturday, finishing up the move on Sunday (bleh), and then a bunch of writing for my game. The bachelor party is kind of the sad part about all this. The groom is an ok guy, his fiance is just an awful bitch, and the party is at a house with some dancers coming in to work for tips but most of the people there are in monogamous relationships and I doubt it'll get that interesting. Hopefully we can play some poker at least.

I think I have "same old stories" fatigue.

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At my last job some departments got good Friday off, the others got the day after thanksgiving off. I always felt bad for the people that had to work the day after thanksgiving.

Currently I'm on my first day of a four day weekend dedicated to studying. Party.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mother said this last week, and I looked at her like she had two heads. I assumed she was just being bizarrely Irish-Catholic in assuming this. But I've since heard two other people say that friends at reasonably large size companies get it off.

Apparently some places also give the Jewish high holidays off.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

We have Good Friday off. Easter Sunday is the holiday, but it's observed on the preceding Friday because our office isn't open on the weekends. Fucking government employees get BOTH Friday and Monday off. Lazies.

In honour of this auspicious holiday, I took today and Monday off, too. Fuck it. I'm doing NOTHING for the next five days.

Oh oh oh! And my mom bought a puppy!!! 9 weeks old, half dachshund, half shit-zhu. The thing is the size of a teacup. She named her Suzie, after black-eyed Suzies that bloom in the spring (the dog is black). I suggested "Jemima," and then "Butterfly," but I was shot down and realized those ideas might be racist.

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the stock market is closed on Friday so most people in big investment firms get this day off.

8. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

YAY! I was so hoping that there would be a drunk thread today, as today is my Friday. My wonderful place of employment doesn't close for Black Friday, so (because I'm such a good Catholic) I took off tomorrow. I will be going to an italian BYOB tonight for dinner with my bff, and then continuing the drinking at home on the balcony of my new apartment. Tomorrow will be spent sleeping in, organizing things in the apt, and baking something for Easter dinner. I'm so excited I took off tomorrow, you have NO idea.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife is a broker and she was ORDERED Into work for whatever stupid reason I do not know..

I'm taking the daughter to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend to be amongst screeching American children.

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

You're a glutton for punishment.
    I took today off to relax and give myself a four day weekend. I figured I would bake a cake for my parents' anniversary. True to history, it did not go well.

Attached Files:

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, you think bankers get holidays. That's adorable.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BD EDIT:

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the only two people I know that have this off are in investment firms and or tax firms. Fuck them.

14. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Weird, I though everybody had good Friday off. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Fuck I hate being the only one in my group of friends that shares my taste in music. There is a band playing tonight that I want to see and I very much doubt that I can convince any of them to come with me. Also, anybody that I know from another group of friends that usually go to see live bands are in Vegas (for viva las vegas) so it's looking like it'll be another night where I am the weird old guy drinking by himself... Awesome!

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahem. I have a four day weekend, as statutory holidays are most sacred to my people and I would appreciate it if you would not bash my sincerely held beliefs.

In other news, bunny suits.

16. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So I was offered a job on Tuesday and after some back and forth countering, I signed the offer letter today. Now I have to fucking wait for my background check to come back and then I'm good to go. I asked how long until all the shit comes back and I was told "a couple of business days but we'll start it today". I was really hoping to have this all locked in before the weekend starts. Fingers crossed that it'll be back by tomorrow.

In the meantime, since I have tomorrow off - I'm going out for girls' night with my hot ass gf's (that's a picture of them below). Sushi and then off to hear a local band we all love. I will be imbibing in many beverages. Yay, for my night!
    I kid but trust me, they're not too far off from this.

Attached Files:

17. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate all of you guys. Each and every one of you. I go through periods of meh/hatred with my job and am currently in a period of hatred so to those of you going out and drinking tonight...I hope that you drink too much and make very poor decisions that you will come to regret.

18. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Round these parts, that's not really a bad thing to wish upon someone.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sigh, I know, I know. But it seems in poor taste to wish DUIs, date rapes, or liver failure on you all directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.