Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Official TiB 2014 Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Popped Cherries, Jul 8, 2014.

1. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I think the best part of all of this is that had you started Mark Sanchez you would've won.

Yes, the Sanchize would've saved you.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First of all, that drafting was logical at the time it was made. The Raven's just got a zone blocking coach to help them and it was going to give a huge boost to Ray Rice later in the season. Trying to clown me for the fact he punched his wife in the face, then Roger Goodell fucked up the whole thing, practically banned him from the league...is bullshit. It's not like I drafted Trent Richardson betting on a breakout year.

Matt Ryan was a good quartberback, but given his defense is made out of paper, he got 10-15% fewer possessions than other top 15 QBs in the league. If their defense was any better, I wouldn't have had to panic trade and get rid of him earlier than I planned.

The defense is a little questionable, but defenses put up serious points too. It's not like their points are worth less, I was hoping for a run from them at some point...like the one they're having now. What I didn't expect was for Nick Foles to be so inconsistent and fall of a cliff/die, and having zero reliable options there. I also would have won 2-3 more games if I started my best guys, even against their best guys.

Now it's funny that I'm putting up the highest point total of my season right now in a consolation game, but at least I'm not getting the Sacko.

But like I fucking said, none of my decisions were crazy. None of the trades offered to me helped me in the least, there wasn't much more I could do except get lucky with some hotter waiver wire moves and I whiffed on some of those. So fuck you guys, I'm not feeling horrible about this season. Felt worse about last season, but this one was the bad luck of the draw.

3. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awaiting adjustments, but I think you did. The rain didn't help you either. I know how I would feel about that one, and the holding that called back another one of his catches, and his drop towards the end. It's a hard way to lose. It was a real nail biter though. We both could have started a better line up but at the end of the day we did what we thought was best. Great season Mr. Cowbell.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Good on you, though, Hoosier. You dominated all year. 138 points per week is insane.

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just glad I'm not iczorro.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps it's obvious my heart wasn't in it this year. Ugh. Sad. Password is taco.

At least I beat parker.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit I wish this season was a bit earlier, I was going to have my creative team make a "Congratulations on being the first loser MoreCowbell" image. And of course.

Congratulations Hoosiermess (who is not MoreCowbell, thank fucking god) on winning this year's fantasy football league! I am really glad that you won this year, given you had that one year where you missed the draft and your $50 was flushed. I really wanted to give you your money back that year and you insisted that we did not. Then you came in here and just went straight Cosby on fools, without the ego or arrogance of other dicks in this thread.

You deserved this win and you should feel proud of it. Can't wait to see what the trophy PC is getting you.

Now maybe next year, people won't trade you elite players at your weakest spots and we can have a more interesting season...

8. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It appears that you are always a little over the top, MC could have and probably should have won. I was fortunate that the players I drafted, not all of them were high on my expectation list, showed up and mostly avoided injury. This league is always fun, this year more so because I was winning, but even during tough years I enjoy it.

Thanks everyone!

9. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just want to formally congratulate both Hooiser and MC for making it to the championship game and for Hooiser for taking the crown this year!
    I look forward to doing this again next year.

Both of you check your PM's.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

...I...I...I don't even fucking know what that means.

11. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It means that D Thomas had two receptions, either of which would have beaten me, called back and a drop that would have been close. It's also sportsmanship Parker. I would have been the first to congratulate him if he had won even though I hate to lose. I see no reason to pile on after a loss.

Attached Files:

12. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Are you going to give PC some cash for pushing you over the top?

13. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, he offered that trade and while I don't think I would have won without it trades are a part of fantasy football. There were some other offers I didn't get too in time that might have helped out a lot as well.

There are more realistic trade offers in this league than any of my other leagues, there are some bad offers too but I would have made probably two more trades if I had the time to look at them when they came in.

14. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

15. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just wanted to update that the trophy arrived today and will be sent out whenever I can get to the UPS store to drop it off.

I originally thought of doing a perpetual plate trophy, but I thought it would be cooler to be able to keep the nameplate from the championship each person won and just pass the same trophy around to each winner.
    So Hoosier, when you get the trophy, take good care of it, but before you send it back at the start of next year's league, you can CAREFULLY remove the name plate on the trophy and keep it.

Congrats again!

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Any pics?

17. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is reasonable to assume there will be pics posted once I have the trophy in my possession.