Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Obscure Sports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I was a kid I was a big fan of "The Floor is Lava." We normally played when no parents were home because for some reason they disapproved of jumping from counter to counter or from couch to tv. Surprisingly, the only real damage that was done was a single broken window when I tried to show off by doing a flip from one a recliner to the couch that was in front of said window. I think this game is the forefather of parkour that someone mentioned earlier.

2. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wow, I completely remember playing that game. That one was awesome.

My friends and I have made a few great games.

-Shovelball - Play around a pool in a backyard. Pool is the oufield. Pitch a wet tennis ball, hit it with shovel. If it goes over the fence it is an out. If it doesn't go far enough towards the pool it is an out. If it's caught in the air it is an out. In the pool = Single. Back wall into the pool = double. Stays behind the pool = triple. Stays on the deck = homerun. Stays on the chair on the deck = grandslam. You also are allowed to have a dog as an all time defensive player. However the main reason for the dog is to jump into the pool and run outside the fence to go get the balls. This game is our go-to on Sundays. We get a bunch of Beer. Pull my friends Flatscreen outside, turn on some football and play Shovel ball.

-Roofy Ball. It's a plastic ball that lights up. You play in the dark, against a slanted tile roof (the tile is essential, it makes the ball bounce crazy). You have to 'tip' it onto the roof. (Meaning when you catch it you have to be in the air, and you have to throw it before you hit the ground.) If you drop it or don't get it back on the roof you lose a point. Count down from ten.

-Treepole. Get two ski-poles, throw them at a tree. If it's on the tree and the handle touches ground = 1 point. In the tree, but handing towards the ground = 2 points. Strait in with no angle = 3 points. In the tree with an upward angle = 4points.

Those were the three best. We have played each for an extended period of time, but we have also had many more.

3. Surprise

Surprise
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Shpoople!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacobunni/3082825578/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacobunni/3082825578/</a>

4. nickygonzo

nickygonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Beer ball- you put two tires in the yard about 30 feet or so apart. The pitcher stands in between and pitches to the batter who stands at one, holding whatever spare wood you have around the house, the thinner the better (the best I've used is Bamboo because it's strong and really thin). For a ball you use a beer can crushed until it's about a third the size. The point is to hit the ball and run between the tires before the pitcher can hit/tag you with the can. The best part of this game is that the cans wear out from being hit pretty quickly, so you have to keep a constant stream of empty beer cans coming.

Then of course there is to sports what Wheaties is to breakfasts, Bocci Ball

#24 nickygonzo, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We used to call it Scrag in primary school and you could play all on all or in teams, you couldn't chuck the ball away but you could put up a massive bomb and then everyone would smash each other getting the ball. When I moved to Aussie as a kid it was called Killball and we used to play an entire year level on another, it got massively violent.