Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] NATIONAL ZIPPER DAY 4/29 [WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy national ZIPPER DAY.

[​IMG]

Focus: Whose mouth would you like to ZIPPER shut?

For me, the number one candidate would be my neighbor who flags me down periodically to update me on various crappy situations in her life, like her cop son who hates her and says he doesn't love her, or inheritance issues with our other neighbor.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Speaking as a guy who has caught his junk in a zipper: fuck zippers. There's a damn good reason reason I wear 501s.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

First thing I thought of when I read zipper. Brings back painful memories.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happened to me when I was 10. The most painful thing to have happened to me to that point. Plus my father had to be the one to free my nutsack.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Franks and beans!!

( Sorry, it's on TV right now. )

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Alt Focus: that one time, when you got your junk caught in a zipper.

7. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mostly wore sweatpants and jogging suit pants when I was a kid, since I found jeans and khakis to be uncomfortable. Now maybe that was a good thing.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

[​IMG]

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After 10 years I better have enough preference points to finally snag the elusive gator permit from the lottery. Karma owes me that after this bullshit of a month.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

First bbq of the season. Nice bit of pork butt for some pulled pork sandwiches later served on kings Hawaiian burger buns.

Started the fire with lump charcoal (hardwood mix), went to mesquite for the first hour, now doing oak for the rest of it. Love living on a place with an endless supply of killer bbq wood.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's almost feeling like Spring out here... almost.

Yesterday it was snowing a bit (melting once it hit the ground... but still) and today it's a balmy 8°C (46°F), with a low of almost freezing, and then up to 25°C (77°F) over the next couple of days.

Weeeeeeeee. Welcome to the weather roller coaster.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Lawdy . sitting in my parents porch drinking what my mother is calling "slush." "It's an old recipe." she says. I am listening to my nun aunt tell my niece about guardian angels, and niece wanted to know if it was a girl or a boy. I want to scream IT'S TRANS!!!! That might actually kill my aunt so I'm hoping back. gimmie more slush Moma.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Every day will be double digit temperatures after today, with a warm week of either sun or lightning. I just want cold gone. I want to be outside again.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... I want the swamp that is my back yard to dry up so I can build my flowerbeds and get some plants I've been growing planted.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, a drunk post in the drunk thread! High five.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Picked up the first brisket of the season today. Just a small 20.5 pounder that I'm going to make for a Kentucky Derby party next weekend. Since it's also going to be Cinco de Mayo, I decided to try a little bacon experiment and I've currently got a 5lb belly curing in a tequila and lime cure I whipped up pretty quickly. The other half of the belly is being cured with bourbon, mint and a bit of sugar that I'll then smoke, slice, sprinkle with a bit of cayenne, and brush on a mint infused simple syrup before baking in the oven. Made a batch of it last year for the derby and it was the hit of the party.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What is this bbq “season” you guys speak of? That one motherfucker lives in Texas for Christs’ sake, when is it NOT bbq season, two weeks out of every February when a cold air mass threatens the region with possible frost?

I know of “patio season”, which is the time of year we can drink or eat outside and not die like Nicholson in The Shining (May to October here). But if I have a good top sirloin yelling at me telepathically through the freezer door I’ll grill it in weather that a walrus wouldn’t be caught dead in. I’ll die before cooking that shit on a stove.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

This is exactly why bbq is underrated. So easy to do, and with a little intelligence like @jdoogie, so easy to make it a masterpiece.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I took a drill to the jets on my BBQ so that it basically has "afterburner" mode.

I now do almost all of my cooking in the sous vide, getting it the perfect temp, and then cranking up the BBQ until it's about 1,000 degrees... like, shit is starting to glow red... then throw the oil/buttered-covered meat on it to get a perfect char. You CANNOT do that inside or you'll have smoke damage. As it is, the temps have been high enough that it looks like I've worn through my grates in about a year... time to fabricate up something that's a weee bit more skookum.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's such a fun Sunday night... the big activity was taking the garbage out.

I'm now enjoying some serious gin and tonics, and watching my two cats acclimatize to each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.