Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] NATIONAL DONUT DAY [WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    That's one of things I miss about living in the south. One of my buddies used to show up at my house and say "Let's go play music."

We'd go to some broken down shack with a few 60-70 year old black guys sitting around with K-Mart box guitars and drinking. I'd unload my Les Paul, Marshall amp, and an effects pedal and eventually just say "Fuck it, I'll just sit here and listen to y'all play." Those dudes were amazing. All my fancy equipment couldn't hold a candle to what they were doing.

Kind of like this apparent crack head playing the spoons. No matter how good you are, there's always someone out there with a shit load of talent that'll make you shake your head.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

(Hopefully this isn't a re-post?)

This is really cool though. The original is a bit annoying, but some of the covers of "Africa" are really good and his is the best I've heard IMO.

That being said, I think he's at his best when he duets with a female. I'd be curious to see him let a girl run the song herself and him just produce it.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Several times here in the same day you have posted the same story with various details. Like if the story was that you went to the lake, the first story would be I went to the lake. The second one would be my car broke down on the way there. The third one would be how you met Cole Trickle on the way there. And the fourth would be about how you love concelied Carey because your car broke down half way there and there are lots of Mexicans in the area.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I'm not gonna let this one slide.

I'm open and honest about my memory problems. I've outlined them. There is a clear, apparent reason. I make no excuses, and I am proud to have survived. I'm sorry you feel that way about me; it's sad that you have such apparent anger toward a random stranger on the Internet. As far as minor details changing, well, I'm just happy that my brain even functions after a quarter of it was occupied by a tumor. So pardon me if I offended anyone by once in a while mixing up some adverbs.

Notice how nett and toytoy and them give me fun-loving shit, as well as take it. Take a page from them, or politely shut the fuck up.

#44 Revengeofthenerds, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was not a call out of truthfulness. I was just saying we see what the tumor does to you.

I was really hammered last night and watching days of Thunder. I apologize.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see your giant chicken and raise you a Big Chicken.
    [​IMG]

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I see your big chicken and raise you a chicken with moobs:

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So... this has got to suck...

The GM head of product development thought it would be cool to drive the $150k ZR1 collectible pace car at this weekend's Detroit Grant Prix...

And wrecks it.

Well... if there was one guy who could wreck it and get away with it (barring a shit-ton of being made fun of), it would probably be him... still has to suck.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

By the way, everyone should know, the dude is very well qualified for the job... he's IMSA and FIA licensed, and has done this before... he just fucked up a corner at speed.

In most cases, pace car drivers have to drive at extremely high levels of ability because they are driving a car that has a small percentage of the capabilities of the cars they are leading, so are therefore driving at the extreme limits of the pace car's ability in order to keep the tires and brakes of the cars following him warm, and their engines cool (air flow).

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I've always wondered about that and maybe you can provide some more insight.

It's always seemed like, even on NASCAR tracks, you have these pace cars that they say are street legal and obviously not on road conditions on the track. I've always figured those pace cars had to be customized down to their frame and suspension, no? Or do their drivers just go through some insane training beforehand? Hell just to keep the cars behind them going and warm, don't they have to be optimized for the track in order to reach those speeds with those tires? Or can you really put like a Charger or a Mustang on there and be good to go?

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The drivers are pro drivers themselves... they have to be licensed for the race in order to be on the track, even if they aren't driving the spec car as everyone else. On top of that, they usually have to be highly trained for emergency situations.

The cars themselves, it depends. In this case, no, it was a normal ZR1, but probably with some upgraded tires on it (slicks instead of treads, maybe, unless the forecast had rain).

In F1 the Mercedes AMG is just a fucking beast, but not really that different than what sits in the showroom. It might have a few minor tweaks because it's F1 and it never sees the road, but it's not some special one-off.

For the most part, pace cars really are street cars, no special suspension/etc... high performance modern cars are really good enough to do the job without any crazy mods.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

What classifies "emergency situation" on a race track? Is it just fire extinguishers and chemical compounds to soak up fluid leaks, or do y'all get into tourniquets and Israeli bandages?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Red Flags... debris on the track... fires... a whole bunch of stuff. Depending on where it happens on the track, and to what degree, different protocols are followed.

Like bypassing the front straight and bringing the pack through the pit lane... or bypassing the infield at Daytona if there was a wreck on the bus stop.

In the case of ALMS and now United Sports Car (Grand Am and ALMS joined forces), there are special medical cars that have emergency doctors and gear on board. In the case of ALMS, they were Porsche Cayenne Turbo S... and they were the ONLY non-race car that was certified to be on track in green-flag conditions, because they could actually keep up with the flow of the race cars when they were green-flag racing.

https://www.motorsport.com/alms/news/imsa-safety-team-to-drive-porsche-cayennes/

Basically, you need someone in the pace car that can lead the pack, not just follow the guy ahead of you like most race car drivers do. They also have to be able to drive and talk to Race Control and the Race Director to keep things in line, slow things down where safety workers are on or near the track, etc.

15. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Caption this.

Mine is: "I fought the lawn and the lawn won."

[​IMG]

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

$750 FIRM. Mint condition. Open to trades.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Ran great when parked.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Mint included.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They should get this guy to drive the pace car some time, because he is the best driver I have ever seen in my life:

#59 Crown Royal, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wonder how some people manage to breathe. We have been missing a 1 box out of 7 for a week, the courier said they couldn't find it. The box was missing the couriers scan code. It had our packing slip with our company name on it facing out, and the commercial invoice with our company name and my bosses name and phone number on it, but the couldn't figure out who it was for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.