Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] MEMORIAL WEEKEND [WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Memorial Day to the ones who gave all for some. To celebrate this year, we are having a hurricane and will sup on MREs and liquor. Since it seems unwise to haul a bunch of liquor across state lines along with guns, my bottles will find a new home within my relatives this weekend. I will play bartender and get my family derunk, as is tradition. It is becoming my role in the family and I am ok with that.

Focus: Memorial Day Weekend.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Memorial Day always reminds me of my Uncle O'Neil. He died years before I was born on a battlefield in France. He was 20 years old and a medic. He ran into a minefield numerous times hauling his injured buddies to safety. I think he saved 4 or 5 of his fellow soldiers that day before stepping on a mine himself that ended his short life.

I know that somewhere out there are probably hundreds of people that exist thanks to my young uncle's actions that day. That's wonderful, but I wish I could've met him.

He was posthumously awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, which is embedded in his tombstone. I have his dog tag, which is mangled and still has some of his blood on it.

Memorial Day helps me to remember that their are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of young soldiers just like my uncle that gave everything for their friends, families, and country. They never got to fall in love, raise a family, or grow old.

RIP Uncle O'Neil and all others that made the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good. You were better humans than I'll ever be. Thank you.

oneill.jpg

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

How soon are you looking to move? You make it sound like you're pulling out next weekend or something...

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With her supply of liquor it could take months to drink it down to a manageable amount to move. At least that is how I imagine it.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I bet she's up for the challenge... "you say months? I say days."

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This.
    [​IMG]

I...... shouldn't.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't see much more than a good long weekend... which this weekend is for you guys down there... so... what's the problem, exactly?

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep, that's where it's going. I have been off the hard liquor for awhile, I got fucked up something awful at my dad's 70s birthday and lost the taste for it. I am more into wine...

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I wheelbarrowed 2 yards of gravel today, and need another yard tomorrow to finish off what I need doing in my new wicking garden bed. And then I need 4 yards of topsoil.

Fuck me I'm not used to doing this.

I'm already seizing up... ibuprofen and booze seems to be helping. I'm fully aware of the potential long term effects, but for tonight, I'm quite OK with it.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you need booze, Bewildered might be able to help you out. Four yards of topsoil would probably put me in bed unable to move at this stage of my life. I do not envy you.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

One wheel or two wheels on it? Because two wheels makes a huge difference. Far less arm and carpal strain.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am sure there are places that rent .8ton mini excavators that are excellent for moving piles of dirt/rocks.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2 wheels, and a nice long ramp.

I initially was shovelling rock into the wheelbarrow, and then back out of it into the bed... but then remembered that I had long pine boards in the garage so whipped up a nice low include ramp to just dump the stuff into the bed.

It was a hell of a lot easier than using the buckets I originally tried, or the "double shovel" method.

I almost felt kind of smart doing it this way.

Except for the whole not paying someone else to do it for me part... as that still seems a bit stupid. But we'll see... I can use the exercise. As long as it doesn't kill me.

Attached Files:

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I'm watching a rugby union game on TV and trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

It's oddly fascinating isn't it? I don't really understand it, but I can't take my eyes off it when it's on.

16. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The exact opposite of fucking soccer.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

No shit. I tried to watch soccer exactly once. The US was in the World Cup and at the end of regulation it was tied at 1-1. BUT there were like 9 bonus minutes left. Bonus for what, I have no idea. They played about 3 minutes of the bonus minutes and suddenly the game was declared over. No one scored, it was still 1-1. The game was a tie and I was left screaming at the TV.

"WHAT THE FUCK? THERE WERE 9 BONUS MINUTES! WHERE DID THEY GO? WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP GAME ALLOWS A TIE? WHERE DID THOSE EXTRA 6 MINUTES GO YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!"

So yeah, fuck soccer.

18. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only thing more boring than soccer is reading complaints about how boring soccer is.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reading this is even more boring

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh fuck seems like we’re in a boring spiral now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.