Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] IT'S FALL, Y'ALL [WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Picture this being *all* of Ft Myers/Cape Coral. I haven't heard from my friend since Tuesday, hope it's just a cell service issue.
    https://youtu.be/al8yTiCVfro

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am sure it is just cell service, that always goes to shit in situations like this.

But dam that is alot of water where it isn't supposed to be.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

there's a few people we haven't heard from either.

Florida is called heaven's waiting room. I think maybe Ian cleared it out a bit.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thankfully my cousins house is fine. Guess new building codes were onto something. He says no power, no water and cell service is extremely spotty.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Unexpected long weekend... apparently we have a federal stat tomorrow that I just found out about today.

This is a very enjoyable feeling... a long weekend with zero plans attached.

I might actually get to sleep in and do nothing tomorrow. Guilt free.

Crazy.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Today was an interesting day.

It's been a very long week. Zoe, the 7 month old, 75lbs puppy, gets to go to puppy daycare 3 times a week now.

That means I get up way earlier in the morning than I'm used to, so that she's dropped off by 7am.

That means my work days, on those days at least, are way longer than I'm used to. Don't judge, I'm old, and WFH, coupled with 3 hour time zone magic, means I can usually roll into the "office" around 10am, showered or not, without judgment. But on Doggy Daycare days, well, I'm working by 7:30.

So yeah... long days.

Today, by 6pm, I was fucking spent. Just worn out. Tired. Mentally exhausted. Done for the week.

So I went for a nap, and woke up at 11pm.

I've now bbq'd a tenderloin and had a bottle of wine with a second lined up... with a long weekend in the pipe.

Tonight is a good night, albeit someone solitary.

So happy early WDT you fucking Idiots.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Alton Brown does life streaming of him and his wife/partner cooking and drinking. It's usually very entertaining.

I love how this high end chef and wife are alcoholics and just keep their booze on the floor.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 2.00.11 AM.jpg

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

10. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still haven't heard from him, but I dug up his son's LinkedIn and made contact. They're in touch, everybody's healthy, just a shit ton of property damage and now the wait for fuel/power/resources to come in.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually really enjoy this type of live streaming. Just two people drinking, talking shit, making food, enjoying life.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone tried the Paqui 2022 One Chip Challenge? Stepson's GF and his buddy tried it. She was talking this big game about how much she loves spicy food. A third of this chip absolutely wrecked her shit. His buddy ate the whole chip in two bites and he was in a bad way for 15+ mins. I tried a piece about the size of a fingernail and fuck that noise. By FAR the hottest thing I've ever eaten. I've tried The Last Dab from Hot Ones and it's not even close.

Edit - Great marketing by Paqui. All the materials in the packaging were high quality and very well made. Definitely scored on making it an event vs just opening a bag and eating a chip.

Attached Files:

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

No, but I’ve had a Carolina Reaper before. Never again.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I made jalapeno candy and added jalapeno powder from last year's deadly batch. I have been giving small portions to friends. The candy is sneaky because there is no spicy detected at first but then it hits you and grows. My neighbor ended up coughing and gagging his into the sink.i wish I knew how hot they were on an official scale. I can't tolerate them at all.

15. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guy at work grows his own hot peppers, he brought a red one in (1.3m scoville he said). I tried a small slice, and I never will again.

EDIT: He just walked by. Apparently it's a "apocalypse scorpion" and he's got a whole bunch he doesn't know what to do with. Unofficial rating of 1.4-2.5m Scoville. Seems a wide range, but even the low end is enough for me.

#155 GcDiaz, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Google says Paqui is 2,000,000 scovilles and I believe it

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

the packaging is sick. Wife and I went on a day trip and everywhere we saw it, it caught my eye and made me wonder. I am not a huge fan of spicy foods, though, so I did not try.
    That, and all the signs from the businesses saying that you weren’t allowed to eat it on premises, nobody under 18 could buy it, they were not responsible for any pain, nausea and vomiting…

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't tried this year's version, but I DID try the 2021 edition. The best outcome is that I didn't die. Other than that... it was by far the worst experience I've ever had with spicy food. I lost feeling in my fingertips, my hearing started to go away for a bit, and none of the usual 'tricks' helps alleviate the pain. Overall it lasted about 15 minutes before it finally subsided. Then in the middle of the night it decided to make an exit and THAT part was just as bad; if not worse. Overall - 0/10: would try again.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.